Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

Illinois Fan...Anybody Else???

Hi everyone! My name is Jenny Sperandeo (can't figure out how to change my profile name). I'm 44, married to Joe, 45, and we have 4 great kids; Matt(21), Tim(17), Ali(13) and Ashley(13). We all LOVE Disney and we live in Oswego. Our last family trip was this past July. We stayed 5 nights at AoA. Joe and I are going back in March of 2014 for an "alone" trip at POFQ. Sooooo excited! This will be my 3oth trip.
DH
Me
Matt
Tim
Ali
Ashley
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
mblondie0509
Mouseketeer

Hi Jenny! Peoria family here! I am a single mom to an awesome 8 year old named Elijah and I am planning our first trip to WDW for October 2014! Happy Planning!

mblondie0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

You will have the BEST time! My 30th trip is coming up in March, and I'm still experiencing new things. Don't let it overwhelm you, and don't feel like you have to squish everything into one trip, BECAUSE you can go back!!! Yay!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
gloachat
Earning My Ears

Hi Jenny, Central Illinois here Fighting Illini. I have a October 2014 trip planned with split ressies at POP and FQPO.
gloachat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

I
L
L

Originally from Central Illinois-- and currently sitting here in my orange Chief sweatshirt!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
porschegrl
Earning My Ears

Greetings from C-U!

My ds (13) and I are Illini football fans, even when it's not so easy to be, LOL.

Looking forward to our 4th visit to WDW, hopefully in early summer 2014.
porschegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
quigs3
Winds in the east, mist comin' in, like somethin' is brewin', about to begin!

I - N - I! Another C-U resident and U of I alumni, as well as a huge Disney fan! I'm a single mom with two kids, one in his sophomore year at Florida State University (no shortage of great football there) and a daughter who just applied to the University of Central Florida. This may be my last winter and snow season!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
cantoine
Mouseketeer

I am orginally from chicago but my husband and I currentl6 live in southern illinois. We have 6 children ages 19, 17, 8, 5, 2 and 1. I am a disney addict. We have visited 2 times once in February 2010 and in October 2013. We are currently planning a trip for March 2014. We wre looking to do new things this time any suggestions?

Me, DH, DS9, DD5, DD2, DD1
2011-POR: 2013-POR: 2014-YC/BLT 2014-AKL-Kidani
cantoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #9
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Oh yes...big disney here. My name is Pam and I am from the Chicago burbs! We just got back from wdw and a dream cruise... Can't wait to go again!!

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Stuarotra
Earning My Ears

We are just 1 hour south of C-U!! We have a trip planned for last week in January!!! Yay can't wait. Will be my 22nd trip and my husbands 2nd!! We will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary on the 28th!! So excited!!
Stuarotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #11
Mike Mouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Sanders View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Jenny Sperandeo (can't figure out how to change my profile name). I'm 44, married to Joe, 45, and we have 4 great kids; Matt(21), Tim(17), Ali(13) and Ashley(13). We all LOVE Disney and we live in Oswego. Our last family trip was this past July. We stayed 5 nights at AoA. Joe and I are going back in March of 2014 for an "alone" trip at POFQ. Sooooo excited! This will be my 3oth trip.
DH
Me
Matt
Tim
Ali
Ashley

Hey jenny, we are neighbors. I'm in Yorkville and me and my DF are HUGE Disney fans. So much that we are getting married there in June 2014 and soon after moving down there so we can go anytime we want. I'm done with this cold weather up here lol
Old 01-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #12
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

Hi Mike Mouse! I'm in Yorkville a lot. One of my favorite restaurants is there, Salsa Verde, BEST Mexican food EVER!!!
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014
Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #13
jdh008
Earning My Ears

Well I didn't grow up in Illinois and I went to a smaller university in Texas, but since moving to Illinois, I have adopted the Illini as my team (with help from some pressure put on by Illini family members). My wife and I currently reside in Carlinville, Illinois, which I describe to people as being about halfway between St. Louis and Springfield.

We were actually in Disney during the week of New Year's and I'm guessing that the CM who was playing Woody at the time in Pixar Place is either from Illinois or went to UI. He saw the Illinois football shirt I wearing, pointed to the block I logo and gave me a big thumbs up and a high-five. Kinda neat.