DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #16
han22735
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbergc
We are in process of buying resale. It is taking forever.
We got thru ROFR, and got our closing documents the end of May.
The seller still haven't turned in their paper work so we can close.

We started our process April 9, with turning in our contract, so even after closing which who ever knows when the sellers are going to turn in their paperwork. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/guilty.gif

It is extremely frustrating because I want to book, and well after closing we still will have to wait to get put in the system.

I looked at our last contract and from start to finish, it was just over 1.5 months from the time we made initial contact until we closed but that was in '09.
I feel your pain. My process started 3/24 passed 4/30 and didn't close till 6/9 recorded 6/10. Still waiting to be added to the system. About 3 weeks of delays due to sellers taking their time.
han22735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #17
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbergc View Post
We are in process of buying resale. It is taking forever.
We got thru ROFR, and got our closing documents the end of May.
The seller still haven't turned in their paper work so we can close.

We started our process April 9, with turning in our contract, so even after closing which who ever knows when the sellers are going to turn in their paperwork. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/guilty.gif

It is extremely frustrating because I want to book, and well after closing we still will have to wait to get put in the system.

I looked at our last contract and from start to finish, it was just over 1.5 months from the time we made initial contact until we closed but that was in '09.
Ugh! I'm sorry. That's awful.
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #18
judydvc
DVC veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Average time from start to reservation seems to be around 75 days. Bill
It took me less time to buy a house in another state then it's taking to sell my DVC contract. And everyone sent the documents back right away.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #19
wildforgoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judydvc View Post
It took me less time to buy a house in another state then it's taking to sell my DVC contract. And everyone sent the documents back right away.
Wow! The contract you're selling passed ROFR before mine. If all the paperwork is in why hasn't it closed? I feel for ya. Here's hoping things will start moving.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #20
judydvc
DVC veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildforgoofy View Post
Wow! The contract you're selling passed ROFR before mine. If all the paperwork is in why hasn't it closed? I feel for ya. Here's hoping things will start moving.
All the paperwork was in 6/11/14. TTS did say it would take 12 to 18 days and I'm sure they mean business days. I looked on the Disney website today and the contract is still in my name but then it hasn't been 12 days yet. Part of the slowness is that Disney is slow with everything on resales. I'm also impatient even though everything is right on time.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #21
wildforgoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
All the paperwork was in 6/11/14. TTS did say it would take 12 to 18 days and I'm sure they mean business days. I looked on the Disney website today and the contract is still in my name but then it hasn't been 12 days yet. Part of the slowness is that Disney is slow with everything on resales. I'm also impatient even though everything is right on time.
Ok I see now. You've already closed but you're still waiting for Disney to remove it from your account and add it to the new member. I've just started the wait for my member number, so I've still got 2 weeks to go. Plus I'm new to DVC so it'll take even longer, maybe your buyers are new too and that's what's taking the extra time. It's interesting to hear the timeline from the sellers end.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #22
chitwndan
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the 30 day ROFR is a deadline that Disney "must" meet or the ROFR is waived, or is it just a turn around time goal or standard they try to meet?
chitwndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #23
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitwndan View Post
Does anyone know if the 30 day ROFR is a deadline that Disney "must" meet or the ROFR is waived, or is it just a turn around time goal or standard they try to meet?
It is just a standard that they try to meet and do meet in most cases. I have heard of it taking longer In rare circumstances. I think he wording is they must be given a minimum of 30 days
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #24
chitwndan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
It is just a standard that they try to meet and do meet in most cases. I have heard of it taking longer In rare circumstances. I think he wording is they must be given a minimum of 30 days
Not what I wanted to hear , but thank you for the info.
chitwndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #25
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitwndan View Post
Not what I wanted to hear , but thank you for the info.
It is unlikely to take more than 30 days
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #26
judydvc
DVC veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildforgoofy View Post
Ok I see now. You've already closed but you're still waiting for Disney to remove it from your account and add it to the new member. I've just started the wait for my member number, so I've still got 2 weeks to go. Plus I'm new to DVC so it'll take even longer, maybe your buyers are new too and that's what's taking the extra time. It's interesting to hear the timeline from the sellers end.
I guess there's no reason to be impatient. After all, I'm not waiting to use points. But it seems like Disney is really slow with processing resales. I bought all my contracts directly from Disney and it was very fast so I can see the difference.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #27
wildforgoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I guess there's no reason to be impatient. After all, I'm not waiting to use points. But it seems like Disney is really slow with processing resales. I bought all my contracts directly from Disney and it was very fast so I can see the difference.
My SIL bought in direct at VGF while I chose the resale side. Needless to say she's already got her vacation scheduled and has added on to it while here I sit waiting. Lol! I feel like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka looking at my husband and yelling, "But I want it NOW!" He just laughs at me.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #28
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
And people will buy direct and pay more because they are impatient so Disney's plan is working!

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #29
judydvc
DVC veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
And people will buy direct and pay more because they are impatient so Disney's plan is working! Bill
I bought my first 2 contracts a while ago when resales weren't as common. And my 3rd DVC resort is VGC which I bought when it first opened. But if I ever decide to buy again it will be a resale.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #30
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildforgoofy

My SIL bought in direct at VGF while I chose the resale side. Needless to say she's already got her vacation scheduled and has added on to it while here I sit waiting. Lol! I feel like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka looking at my husband and yelling, "But I want it NOW!" He just laughs at me.
Just laughall the way to the bank! That makes you feel prett good!

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: