Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #121
Cherene
Earning My Ears

Great report so far. Hope your able to finish it.
Cherene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #122
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Merry Christmas from me and my fur baby!

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmartheleur View Post
Merry Christmas to you and your fur family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&WMickey View Post
Merry Christmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Merry Christmas Wendy! I hope you enjoyed your most favorite holiday of the year! Beautiful pictures of all the "kids"!
Thank you, and I hope you all had a great holiday season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
All caught up!! Yay!!!!

I've never been able to figure out why, but this has always been my favorite Disney movie image EVER. I love Prince John. Again, no idea why!

Awwww!!!! Great picture!!! Maybe next year once I get all the experience of being in character pics behind me, I'll get my picture taken with Santa!

I hope he was good to you
Santa was very good to us here, hope he was good to you too

Your camera skills are light years ahead of mine, but on rides like that I tend to prefer to just sit back and watch. But I'm glad you posted some pretty amazing pics!
I walk the line between wanting to take good photos and wanting to sit back and relax. I usually fall somewhere in between.

I'm gonna have to remember that!!

Hope you had an amazing Christmas!!!! If there's one thing I love more than Disney pics, it's pet pics! And yours are amazing!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Hope you had a wonderful holiday!
We did, hoping you guys had a great one with Landon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Love your holiday pet photos!

Happy New Year!
Thanks And happy new year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Wendy!! Those were some awesome photos of your fur babies from your Christmas greeting. I hope you are enjoying those 5 days off. Sounds like it is well earned from the craziness of pre-Christmas.
Hi Brenda! Thanks! I had a great little vacation. I have some free time this weekend too, it`s wonderful to finally get to catch up on everything here! Hope you guys had a great holiday season too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Hey wendy wu great pics I especially love the Clownfish ones! Happy to be all caught up I hope you don't mind but I mentioned you in my update today hoping you can wave your magic wendy wand over a certain pic for me ,so if ya could go check it out let me know that would be awesome
Hey! I had a look at your pic, but it`s not a really easy one to do. It would take a really long time, sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Hope you had a great Christmas!
We did, thanks, hope you guys did too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm finally caught up!
Yay!

Wow that's awesome that you got upgraded at AKL! I am dying to stay there again, but it has to be with a savannah view! I love all of your pictures at the resort, but they are making me feel homesick! I just love AKL SO much!
It was pretty awesome, I was in love with the place!

Your pictures at Epcot are great too! I love Mission Space but I might not be doing the Orange side anymore, after this trip...you'll find out why in my TR! (And no, I didn't throw up! )

Yum, Sunshine Seasons Strawberry Shortcake, my favorite breakfast in Epcot! It might be weird to eat dessert for breakfast but whatever, it has strawberries in it, so it's fine!
It's absolutely breakfast food, you'll get no argument from me here!

I am in love with those monorail pictures...I actually saved them to my computer because I love them so much, I hope you don't mind!

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and Have a Happy New Year!

Oh, do we follow each other on Instagram? Find me, I'm jenmarie_96! My IG is pretty much 80% Disney, 20% cats!
Going to find you on Instagram now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!! I've been the absolute worst DIS'er lately and today is a catch up day!!

I love your fur baby pictures I showed my 4 year old and she loved your horses (she fell in love with horses over our NC vacation) However she did rename the white horse Turbo... I thought you should know!
Happy new year! I've been a bad Dis'er too, and today is my day to catch up! Glad your DD loved my horses (I do too hehe) I'll have to go tell Teeka we have to change her stall sign to Turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherene View Post
Great report so far. Hope your able to finish it.
Thank you! Oh I'll finish it, I just had a little break for the holidays! Hehehe
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #123
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Finally all caught up!! I hope that you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

Great start to your report AKL is such a wonderful resort, it is awesome that you got a Savannah view upgrade!

Your pictures are all so gorgeous, just as I expected they would be!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #124
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Finally all caught up!! I hope that you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

Great start to your report AKL is such a wonderful resort, it is awesome that you got a Savannah view upgrade!

Your pictures are all so gorgeous, just as I expected they would be!

Yay! We did have a wonderful Christmas, hope you did as well.

AKL is pretty amazing, we were in awe the whole trip!

Thanks
Old 01-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #125
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Remember me?

It's been a while! I thought I would have lots of free time in my 5 days off over Christmas, but we were so busy! We had a great Christmas. Santa brought us a kayak! Now we're looking for a second one and we can't wait to be more active this summer. Living on an island is a great for kayaks.

Our weather however... not so great for kayaks. We almost broke December's snow record and now we're getting more!

There's a blizzard going on and we're storm stayed, the house is clean and there's nothing to do but catch up on some Dis!

Oh, and I also have a new ticker, but that's so vague right now that I'll get to that story later. I promise!

Tuesday, November 12
"Slow and Lazy Epcot Wandering"

We had just left The Seas pavilion. We had the idea to head to Ellen, but we strayed into one of the Innoventions buildings instead. We got drawn into a very interesting looking new exhibit -- "Think"

(Not my photo, I didn't take any in there!)

It may have been really interesting looking, but it wasn't actually very interesting. It was about how future developments are helping to improve life. Ehh...

We wandered into Mouse Gear and bought some Christmas presents, then headed over to Ellen!

We had hardly any wait at all and were in the first vehicle. We enjoyed the ride, especially the 39 minutes off our feet.

Stupid Judy.

When we exited the ride it was finally time for our final FP+!

We headed to Test Track and got in the FP line. Once again we had no issues at all with our Magic Bands and had hardly any wait at all for the ride. We built our car, which I actually thought was pretty cool!

Then it was time to ride! This was our first time riding the newly redesigned Test Track and we were excited to form our own opinions, despite the many negative reviews we had read.

So what did we think?

We loved it! Yes it's Tron-ish, but I liked the new updated look. I also liked that they took out the parts I never liked like the bumps and heat chamber, but left all the best parts. I'm officially a fan!

Then what? Well, we debated for a little while. We had done everything we wanted to, our FP+ were used and we were thinking it was time to start around the world. We started here.

We were feeling very relaxed, lazy even, so we just wandered around a little and didn't go in.

After all, we had plans to come back to Epcot and spend some time in the World Showcase. (Yeah. Remember that.)

More wandering. We had a general plan in mind, a place to eventually be. It was a wonderfully easy going afternoon.

When we got here to the bridge, it was up:

It was the first time I got to see the barges being brought out. Cool!

When we were able to get through again, we figured it was pretty close to time for our dinner and we headed in that direction.

Up next: The best pizza ever eaten? Maybe. Just maybe.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #126
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Ooh a kayak! Those are so cool! I saw your FB picture of how it was wrapped - that cracked me up.

I can't remember ever having seen the bridge up, or even seeing pictures of it, so it's cool to see them now!

Do tell on your ticker story. I haven't done my ticker yet, since I don't think I'm going to give my exact dates on the Dis this time (there's a story for another time as well).
ZehnJahren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #127
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Oh hai! Merry Christmas (yay kayak!) Happy New year and don't get buried in the snow!!!

That Think exhibit looks like it should be something awesome. And then you look a little closer. And it's... not awesome.
geckodani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #128
Britard
Mouseketeer

I love the face of the little boy who clearly wants his parents to stop taking photos and move on!!

We have only seen the bridge up one time. It was really awesome to see (although that kid disagrees).

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Britard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #129
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Don't worry Wendy, I think A LOT of DISboards took some time off for Christmas.
I saw the kayak photo. But at the time it was wrapped. However did you know what it was?
OMG isn't this weather CRA-CRA? I can't remember a winter like this in ages. And it's just starting...

Bahahaha... Your car.... Is that a hovercraft?

So strange that I initially wasn't a Tron Track fan, but when I rode this past trip, I kinda liked it. Maybe I just needed to distance myself a bit from the negative opinions.

Ha look at you going all left into World Showcase.

It really is cool to see the barges come out, almost majestic. They really need to put that on the times guide.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #130
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Hi! Just found your tr.

Going to read. TTYL

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #131
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Oh I could so eat some of those zebra domes at the moment! They were so good!

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #132
jash08
Mouseketeer

Hiya Wendy! I love a lazy day in Epcot!

It is ridic here in KY too. We are going to get some more snow this weekend and our high on Monday will be 6 with a low of -2 and a feels like of -25. Thank God I am going to Disney THIS MONTH!

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

jash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #133
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Ooh a kayak! Those are so cool! I saw your FB picture of how it was wrapped - that cracked me up.
My parents are hilarious, they wrapped it in three plastic Christmas table cloths.

I can't remember ever having seen the bridge up, or even seeing pictures of it, so it's cool to see them now!
When I came across it I realized it was my first time seeing it up too. It was a pretty interesting thing to watch!

Do tell on your ticker story. I haven't done my ticker yet, since I don't think I'm going to give my exact dates on the Dis this time (there's a story for another time as well).
Oh it's coming, I have a few details to firm up but it's yet another ticker that was never supposed to be! I'm intrigued by your story for another time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Oh hai! Merry Christmas (yay kayak!) Happy New year and don't get buried in the snow!!!
Same to you! (Though we really did get buried in the snow. Yikes we have a lot this year!)

That Think exhibit looks like it should be something awesome. And then you look a little closer. And it's... not awesome.
Hit the nail right on the head. I was disappointed... haha usually the exhibits in Innoventions are pretty interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
I love the face of the little boy who clearly wants his parents to stop taking photos and move on!!

We have only seen the bridge up one time. It was really awesome to see (although that kid disagrees).
Lol yeah I didn't notice him before! I guess for a kid, after seeing the bridge go up and one boat go through it would be pretty boring after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Don't worry Wendy, I think A LOT of DISboards took some time off for Christmas.
I saw the kayak photo. But at the time it was wrapped. However did you know what it was?
Well it took be a few guesses...

OMG isn't this weather CRA-CRA? I can't remember a winter like this in ages. And it's just starting...
I've even been hearing the old folks saying that this is a winter like the ones from their childhood! Not often they admit something like that!

Bahahaha... Your car.... Is that a hovercraft?
Maybe? It was pretty tricked out, I remember that. If hovercraft was an option, I probably picked it.

So strange that I initially wasn't a Tron Track fan, but when I rode this past trip, I kinda liked it. Maybe I just needed to distance myself a bit from the negative opinions.
Interestingly, I think the negative opinions are what gave me low enough expectations that I ended up liking it.

Ha look at you going all left into World Showcase.
I know, right? I was like a NASCAR racer suddenly on a road course. I had a reason. I needed to finish in Canada.

It really is cool to see the barges come out, almost majestic. They really need to put that on the times guide.
It was really cool, especially getting to see the bare bones of such a fantastic show!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Hi! Just found your tr.

Going to read. TTYL
and thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Oh I could so eat some of those zebra domes at the moment! They were so good!
MMmmmm so could I, they were everything everyone said they would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
Hiya Wendy! I love a lazy day in Epcot!
Me too, nothing better!

It is ridic here in KY too. We are going to get some more snow this weekend and our high on Monday will be 6 with a low of -2 and a feels like of -25. Thank God I am going to Disney THIS MONTH!
Ughhhhh it's a bad winter all over then! Lucky you getting to escape it!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #134
amazingact21
Upendi

A kayak is a pretty cool Christmas gift. Hopefully, it'll warm up eventually for you to put it use. As it is right now, it sounds ridiculously cold. Way too cold for me, at least.

Love your vehicle on Test Track! I agree, the parts they took out were not going to be missed by anyone. Glad the ride didn't live up to all the negative hype you'd read about.

Hmmm, sounds like it was a good thing you guys decided to wander through the WS that afternoon....
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #135
MEK
DIS Veteran

I don't think I've ever seen the barge go up. If I have I totally forgot about it and have no pictures to prove it.

I agree that the new TT is better. I hated the heat and cold chambers too. I got stuck in the cold chamber once. Not one of my fondest memories.

Love your car. You rock in the power department.

Via for dinner perhaps? I love it there!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: