Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #376
MEK
DIS Veteran

You know I definitely have those mornings where I just feel so whooped and I always feel like I just have to "soldier" on. Glad you guys took some time to relax and really enjoy the resort. I do like that you can change your FP's on my disney experience. It really can be a blessing at times like that.

Your room is really pretty. I think its interesting how the regular inn rooms are always different from the DVC rooms in every resort. Sometimes I wish they were more similar and other times I think its cools that they are different. It's just a bummer that I will always be DVC so I will always have the one style of room. *sigh*

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #377
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Wow, your photos are just simply too hard to beat!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #378
KatMark
DIS Veteran

WOW....that is some snow!

We have found that a change of plans every once in awhile gets us feeling better again at the parks. I've now insisted on more "down" time so we can appreciate our time at the parks more.

I love that pool at AKL...so pretty. Your chicken nuggets look really good (I'll pass on the zebra domes though).

Nice room pictures (and photobombs).

I can't wait to hear what park you go to.

RIP Genie

Last edited by KatMark; 04-06-2014 at 07:59 PM.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #379
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

YAY Spring.

You know, sometimes you just have to change plans Wendy. And with that lovely resort at your fingertips, it's not exactly like you're compromising anything.

HAHAHAHA, Johnny's selfie. Best selfie/photobomb ever? AHHHH you may have surpassed it!

Mmmm Disney Nugs!!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #380
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Crazy weather! Hope you get some sort of spring soon!

Great pictures of the resort! Sometimes a little relaxation needs to be PLANNED in to a WDW trip

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #381
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Sometimes it's nice and needed to just cancel all of the plans and relax a little on a disney vacation!! Love your slow morning!
Absolutely, we're not used to doing that and it felt a little like Disney blasphemy to not be in a park... but so worth it!!

Quote:
So you couldn't get refills with your breakfast? That's weird.
You could still use your refill mug, but you used to get one entree and two drinks (not including your refill mug) with breakfast (in lieu of dessert) -- like a coffee and an orange juice. I guess it's because you could get your coffee in your refill mug, and every regular meal plan comes with a mug, but I still missed being able to get a juice and a bottle of water.

Quote:
I hope it's warming up in Cape Breton!! Enjoy your day!
Thanks! Today was beautiful, lots of snow melted and we had the sun for a whole day! (I'm off to enjoy it now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Love all of your pictures from the party! And in my book there can be no such thing as too many pictures or overload but you already knew that!
Thanks!! Hahaha yes, and I agree!

Quote:
I continue to have this fear of setting up a tripod on Main Street or anywhere in and around the Hub area for MK fireworks which has prevented me from trying it so far. I keep thinking that the crowds will be too much and eventually knock my tripod over or someone will trip over the tripod.
I've found most people to be very respectful when I have my camera on a tripod. I bring my small travel one which doesn't open very wide anyway, but when people see me set up with it they try to duck out of my way and give me lots of room. You should give it a try.

Quote:
Spending some leisure time at the resorts are awesome and so relaxing after a few days of park tours.
It was wonderful, and soooo necessary!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #382
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'll be back with more replies in a few hours. The sun is SHINING for once and it's warm! I'm going out to take advantage before it goes down for the day!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #383
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Excellent seats at FoTLK! Sadly, I normally get bad seats, but it's mainly because I tend to walk in at the last minute.
We had good luck! We walked in late too and managed to get some pretty good seats.

Quote:
I honestly would love to take a trip without taking many pictures at all. But now because we write our TR's, I feel like I can't do that!
Haha! So true! If I don't write a TR and take no pictures, I disappoint no one, but if I do write a TR and take no pictures, I'll have no readers!

Quote:
They definitely won't lay out the pricing for you at the DVC booths. You have to actually go and talk to a DVC rep and do the tour, they won't lay out pricing otherwise, because it all varies depending on which resort you buy into.
Yeah I get that, I guess we were hoping for a lowest price scenario, but I understand why they don't do it like that.

Quote:
I saw your Sanuks. How do you like that pair? I tried them on, but felt like they were going to fly off my feet in the back.
I had a pair on the trip before this, just normal flip flop style and I loved them, these I wasn't too fussy for. I found the fabric was wrapped too tight, which actually bruised my foot, but at the same time if it was looser it would fall off. I didn't like them as much as the others I had.

Quote:
Oh yes, those seats at Nemo are insanely uncomfortable. Try having a 9 year old little on your lap.
Dear me, no thank you! Yikes!

Quote:
Being hungry can certainly put a damper on enjoying certain things.
We were so close to "hangry" and didn't even know it!

Quote:
I would be excited for the cream cheese wontons too. No shame!
No shame is right, I'd still jump through hoops for those things.

Quote:
We're having similar issues here too. I just can't believe how long this spring is taking to get here.
Ugh I'm going out of my mind! We finally had a really nice day here today, melted a little snow at least!

Quote:
Yay for your DISmeet!
It was great, I don't get to meet many DISers so I was glad to have that chance.

Quote:
Your change of plans looks like fun. Sometimes, you really have to slow down so the trip doesn't get the best of you.
And that's exactly what was happening too, it was getting the best of us. We slowed it down and it changed everything!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #384
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You know I definitely have those mornings where I just feel so whooped and I always feel like I just have to "soldier" on. Glad you guys took some time to relax and really enjoy the resort. I do like that you can change your FP's on my disney experience. It really can be a blessing at times like that.
I think that's how we were starting to feel -- like we had to push ourselves to keep going. I'm glad I listened to my subconscious and took a rest. It was wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your room is really pretty. I think its interesting how the regular inn rooms are always different from the DVC rooms in every resort. Sometimes I wish they were more similar and other times I think its cools that they are different. It's just a bummer that I will always be DVC so I will always have the one style of room. *sigh*
We loved our room! I would like to see the DVC rooms though, (with my parents' timeshare thing I can now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Wow, your photos are just simply too hard to beat!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

We have found that a change of plans every once in awhile gets us feeling better again at the parks. I've now insisted on more "down" time so we can appreciate our time at the parks more.

I love that pool at AKL...so pretty. Your chicken nuggets look really good (I'll pass on the zebra domes though).

Quote:
Omg we will never be rid of it!

Quote:
It was definitely a recharger. We usually feel like we have to be in the parks, but this was a really nice change.

Quote:
Oh we were so excited to get to use that pool
Not a zebra dome fan, Kathy? I think you're the first I've run across!

Quote:
Hehe thanks!

Quote:
Coming up soon! (I have it all ready to go!)
Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #385
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
YAY Spring.
I know, right? Ugh. We did have a nice day today... a couple more like this and we might just have some spring!

Quote:
You know, sometimes you just have to change plans Wendy. And with that lovely resort at your fingertips, it's not exactly like you're compromising anything.
You're so right. We always feel like we're wasting park time... but it was much easier to take it easy while at AKL that's for sure!

Quote:
HAHAHAHA, Johnny's selfie. Best selfie/photobomb ever? AHHHH you may have surpassed it!
Hahaha! I win the photobomb!
When I look at those silly pictures, it makes me realize that had we not taken the morning off, we wouldn't have been in the mood to do things like that. I remember how rejuvenating that break was!

Quote:
Mmmm Disney Nugs!!!
So good for something so simple. I could go for some right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Crazy weather! Hope you get some sort of spring soon!
Thanks! Today was nice, thank goodness, now if we can keep that up we might be all set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Great pictures of the resort! Sometimes a little relaxation needs to be PLANNED in to a WDW trip
Thanks! We meant to plan a little relaxation time in... then we added the MVMCP, then we added a few other extras, some extra meals... in the end our scheduled relax time was gone! But it all worked out
Old 04-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #386
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I can't believe all the snow and ice you have had to deal with! Enough! I hope you have seen the very last of the white stuff for the season.

I am so glad you made it for your DISmeet at Space Mountain!

That a very festive photopass picture of you two on Main Street- very colorful and busy photo!

What absolutely amazing photos of the castle projection show (love the gingerbread castle) and of the fireworks. Not overboard at all!

Pretty ponies! Have you been over to the ranch at Disney (Wilderness Campground???) where they keep the Main Street Trolley horses? I believe I have read that people are able to go out to see them. Or maybe it is just part of the horseback riding tour.

I was so jealous when I first heard about the Jingle Cruise, and then I started reading reviews. Everyone has been disappointed. Disney really could have done so much with this.

It sounds like you made the perfect call with your change in plans. If you are going to laze around a resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the best places to be.

Glad to hear you have an eventful rest of the day coming up. Can't wait to hear where you go and what happens!

natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #387
amazingact21
Upendi

Sometimes, you just need a good rest at the resort to survive a Disney trip. It's amazing what a slow morning swimming and hanging out in the room can do. Although, since you were getting sick, I'm not sure how much it helped.

Love your room pictures!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #388
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I can't believe all the snow and ice you have had to deal with! Enough! I hope you have seen the very last of the white stuff for the season.
Tell me about it, Dee. It's absolutely beautiful here today -- but tomorrow night back down to the freezing mark and a possibility of freezing rain.

Quote:
I am so glad you made it for your DISmeet at Space Mountain!
Me too! I don't get to many Dismeets, so it was nice to get one in!

Quote:
That a very festive photopass picture of you two on Main Street- very colorful and busy photo!
It is very festive isn't it? I love those pictures, they really capture the excitement of the evening!

Quote:
What absolutely amazing photos of the castle projection show (love the gingerbread castle) and of the fireworks. Not overboard at all!
Thank you! I never want to go too crazy with photos. It's part of my Photographers Anonymous 10-steps.

Quote:
Pretty ponies! Have you been over to the ranch at Disney (Wilderness Campground???) where they keep the Main Street Trolley horses? I believe I have read that people are able to go out to see them. Or maybe it is just part of the horseback riding tour.
It was on the list for this past trip but we never made it over. I wanted to go see what I could see, if you will! I'd love a little dose of horse kisses while I'm away if I could get it!

Quote:
I was so jealous when I first heard about the Jingle Cruise, and then I started reading reviews. Everyone has been disappointed. Disney really could have done so much with this.
Yeah, I think the issue was how much it was built up, I expected more and I do think there was more they could have done with little extra effort.

Quote:
It sounds like you made the perfect call with your change in plans. If you are going to laze around a resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the best places to be.
Absolutely! And that was a big part of our decision too -- we were in the right place to relax and enjoy the resort!

Quote:
Glad to hear you have an eventful rest of the day coming up. Can't wait to hear where you go and what happens!

Coming up soon! If I ever get some spare time, that is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sometimes, you just need a good rest at the resort to survive a Disney trip. It's amazing what a slow morning swimming and hanging out in the room can do. Although, since you were getting sick, I'm not sure how much it helped.

Love your room pictures!
It definitely helped, we had a whole new attitude from then on, it was awesome! Now I'll know for the future -- I'm not a machine!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #389
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

The snow really is getting ridiculous, isn't it? We got more again yesterday, but at least most of it melted away.

What a wonderful morning! It is nice to take some time to relax and enjoy the resort sometimes. And AKL is so beautiful

I'm glad you got some rest and were feeling better to head out to a park!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #390
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
The snow really is getting ridiculous, isn't it? We got more again yesterday, but at least most of it melted away.
It's nuts! We were supposed to get more last night but we never did. Thankfully I'm watching the banks getting smaller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
What a wonderful morning! It is nice to take some time to relax and enjoy the resort sometimes. And AKL is so beautiful

I'm glad you got some rest and were feeling better to head out to a park!
It was so nice, so relaxing, and so necessary! We felt so much better afterward!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: