Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #151
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

That's so awesome!! I'm really trying to convince DW for a 4 day weekend trip for Halloween next fall but so far have been hitting solid resistance. Maybe I'll take a page from your mother-in-law's strategy and keep at it

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #152
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Stupid Judy! Haha. I just love that whole thing.

I liked the new Test Track. I just hate the queue! It felt like we spent a lifetime in it on our July trip.

Best Hades gif ever.

Yayayayayayayayay!!!! That's so exciting and awesome.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #153
amazingact21
Upendi

Sounds like a busy year ahead of you! And while I can understand the need to fulfill other obligations before another Disney trip, an almost completely paid for Orlando vacation is too good to pass up! And to get to travel with younger kids will be a lot of fun. They add a certain element to Disney.

Congrats on your next trip!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #154
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #155
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Ha! Yay for new ticker! And wow that your MIL won the condo - that's awesome!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #156
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Yay for a new ticker!!! I'm finally back from our crazy Christmas. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #157
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Just chiming in. So happy to read what you've got done so far. Can't wait to read more.

Questions about your photography equipment in Disney: How do you carry it? Do you wear it all the time? And what about the extra lenses?

I bought a Black Rapid strap before my last Disneyland trip and found that was great but needed somewhere safe to put the camera when I was on rides. Also like to carry a second lens (since I don't have that nifty 18-250 that you have!). Suggestions based on your experience?
pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #158
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Yay for going back to Disney!!!!!!!!! I just got back from Disney on the 4th. I am already trying to figure out when I can go back! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #159
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
That's so awesome!! I'm really trying to convince DW for a 4 day weekend trip for Halloween next fall but so far have been hitting solid resistance. Maybe I'll take a page from your mother-in-law's strategy and keep at it
Well, she is a persistent woman. I could put you in touch and she could teach you some of her techniques! The only one I've actually been able to ascertain is the "Book it Anyway" technique!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Stupid Judy! Haha. I just love that whole thing.
I think Stupid Judy is one of my favourite Disney Villains.

I liked the new Test Track. I just hate the queue! It felt like we spent a lifetime in it on our July trip.
We didn't wait long at all, and had our FP+ so I guess I didn't get that from it this time. I can't remember much of the queue at all come to think of it!

Best Hades gif ever.
(Even better if you know anything about my past relationship with my Mother in Law... )

Yayayayayayayayay!!!! That's so exciting and awesome.
I am pretty excited! A little nervous, that's a lot of travel in one year but I'll just have to eat every second day or buy cheap toilet paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sounds like a busy year ahead of you! And while I can understand the need to fulfill other obligations before another Disney trip, an almost completely paid for Orlando vacation is too good to pass up! And to get to travel with younger kids will be a lot of fun. They add a certain element to Disney.

Congrats on your next trip!
Absolutely, that's what it came down to was how do you pass up an almost free trip to Orlando?? You don't, that's how. I'm excited to go with the kids. It's going to be different for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Ha! Yay for new ticker! And wow that your MIL won the condo - that's awesome!
Yes indeed! Having a MIL who is a travel agent has some advantages for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Yay for a new ticker!!! I'm finally back from our crazy Christmas. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Welcome back! Thanks, and I can't wait to hear about yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post
Just chiming in. So happy to read what you've got done so far. Can't wait to read more.

Questions about your photography equipment in Disney: How do you carry it? Do you wear it all the time? And what about the extra lenses?

I bought a Black Rapid strap before my last Disneyland trip and found that was great but needed somewhere safe to put the camera when I was on rides. Also like to carry a second lens (since I don't have that nifty 18-250 that you have!). Suggestions based on your experience?
Well, before I got the 18-250 it was always a struggle with which lens to bring. I like to get a locker if I need to switch lenses. I never usually carry anything with me. Usually I wear my camera all the time. I've found that on every ride, there's a way to hold it tight enough that it's fine. I love my Black Rapid strap, it saved my neck that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Yay for going back to Disney!!!!!!!!! I just got back from Disney on the 4th. I am already trying to figure out when I can go back! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Isn't that always the way? On the plan/train/bus/car on the way home and you're already figuring out how to do the next one! It's a sickness!
Happy new year to you too! And I hope you also had a Merry Christmas (sounds like you did if you just got back from Disney! )
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #160
teedee
DIS Veteran

I'm more of a lurker than poster but I've read and enjoyed all your trip reports. Your love of Disney just shines through and your photos are absolutely amazing! I can't wait for the rest of it.

Terri
Old 01-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #161
MEK
DIS Veteran

A fall trip on the horizon! That's awesome! You already know that an off site trip can be fun. It's just seeing Disney in a new way.

So congrats on your trip! Let the planning begin!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:59 AM   #162
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR and I am loving it so far! I also went back and read your PTR I had to sub because I am really going to need all of the photography tips! Those are great. Thank you for taking the time to do all that. I am in for the rest for sure!

Current PTR: Did You Know Mickey is a Ship Captain?
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!
Jackiemarie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #163
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
I'm more of a lurker than poster but I've read and enjoyed all your trip reports. Your love of Disney just shines through and your photos are absolutely amazing! I can't wait for the rest of it.

Terri
Well, officially and happy to see you out of lurkdom! And thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
A fall trip on the horizon! That's awesome! You already know that an off site trip can be fun. It's just seeing Disney in a new way.

So congrats on your trip! Let the planning begin!
It will be a different experience for me and I'm really excited! I can't wait to start really planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
Just found your TR and I am loving it so far! I also went back and read your PTR I had to sub because I am really going to need all of the photography tips! Those are great. Thank you for taking the time to do all that. I am in for the rest for sure!
aboard! Glad to have you! Sorry to say I haven't been keeping up with the photo tips in this TR, maybe during the next PTR I'll start again though!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #164
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hi again!

I'd like to start out by saying that if I get through this update it will be a miracle. I just started watching Cirque du Soleil's "Worlds Away" on Netflix and it is absolutely enthralling! I can't take my eyes off it! It's a good thing I know my laptop keyboard pretty well. But I'll apologize in advance for any errors.

One other thing before I get to the report. Have you seen Saving Mr. Banks? Or as I like to call it, How Many Times Can We Make Wendy Cry in the Space of 10 Minutes. I know I was late seeing it, so you all probably have already. If you haven't, omg drop everything and see it. Go now. I'll wait.

Back?

Yeah I know, right?

Okay, back on track.

Tuesday, November 12

"The Pizza Ruiner"

We had just watched the bridge go up and allow the IllumiNations barges through. When the bridge was back down we made our way to our next destination.

We were headed into Italy!

I was excited about this. It was a first time restaurant for us.

We had a few minutes before our ADR time so we tried to capture some details around the pavilion.

Soon it was nearly time for our meal. We decided to try checking in a few minutes early. We were hungry!

If you hadn't guessed, we were going here:

Yep, first time! It was on our list so many times and always got cut for one reason or another so this trip it was ADR priority number one.

We were checked in and seated in no time flat.

I have a thing for light fixtures. I want this one.

Our early meal meant the restaurant wasn't very busy.

I posted this:

[Facebook: Check-In]

Time for some pizza and pasta!  with Johnny at Via Napoli.

Our waiter was very fast and very friendly (and yes, ok, very good looking. Seriously. Italian boys every where and Italian food on the menu. WHY didn't I go here before???)

He had taken our order and brought us our food before you could say Poseidon. He also kept the drink refills coming!

Johnny got the pepperoni pizza.

I got the spinach lasagna.

Our thoughts so far?

Mine was pretty good. I was not enjoying my food much though, despite it being delicious, I couldn't eat even half of it. Looking back now I can see that I was probably starting to get sick. No matter, it didn't affect me too much. Just no appetite!

Johnny's ruined all other pizza for him forever. He still hasn't stopped raving about this pizza. I had some and he's right, it was delicious. SO authentic too! This man is a pizza connoisseur. He eats pizza everywhere and loves it. He could eat pizza every meal of every day. So when he says this is the best pizza he's ever had, it really means something. We heard a waitress explaining the lengths they take to make it authentic, starting with importing all ingredients and even using a treated well with water the same hardness, alkalinity and mineral make up of the water in the town in Italy where they are based from.

So, despite the low appetite, Disney meal plan means dessert. And who am I to say no to Italian desserts??

Johnny had:

Mmmmm zeppoles! They were really delicious, nice and warm and slightly crispy on the outside, soft and creamy insides, and the chocolate dipping sauce and whipped cream were great.

Me?

An old favourite of mine.

Tiramisu!

It was delicious. Again, so authentic! The coffee flavour was very strong and the cream was to die for.

All through our meal our waiter was fantastic. Always coming to check on us but never being pushy or annoying. Drinks were refilled before they quite emptied. Food brought out hot and prompt. He was very friendly. Even the other wait staff were friendly to us. One waitress stopped and chatted about my camera (big lens on, attracted a lot of attention! lol) We were extremely impressed by the entire experience and have been talking about it ever since. We can't wait to go back!

(Continued in next post)

Last edited by teekathepony; 01-12-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #165
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

After our fantastic meal we were feeling full and satisfied. We settled our bill and headed out. I wanted to take some photos around Italy and Johnny wanted to text his (travel agent) mother to tell her to recommend Via Napoli to all her clients.

It was just starting to get dark and the photos were getting interesting in the twilight.

Johnny and his camera joined me.

What a beautiful pavilion.

We started to wander off a little, in no rush and with nothing to do and full of tiramisu. It was heavenly.

We had a little look around Japan.

Then moved on to Morocco.

As always, we were blown away by the beauty and detail in this pavilion.

After Morocco, we decided to skip ahead to our final destination for the night (or so we thought...)

We did get a couple of Photopass pics along the way.

Then we arrived "home" to Canada. We watched the film, it brought a feeling of slight home sickness, but not nearly as strong as it does when we watch the film near the end of our trip like we usually do.

Now a little story. I wear glasses. You'll notice in my PP pics, I'm not wearing them! On sunny days in Orlando, I rather wear my contacts so I can wear my sunglasses. I'm not a fan of transitions lenses or perscription glasses so this is my preferred route. I just get the daily contacts so I can chuck them out at the end of the day.

During the Canada film, I noticed my left eye would not focus. I tried moving the contact around and blinking, thinking there was something under it. It was starting to sting. That's when I realized my contact was falling apart in my eye. Crap!

We left the film and went to the gift shop. I got a kick out of this stand:

Yup. Tim Hortons. That sums us up right there!

Eye driving me crazy, I kept trying to tell myself that I just had to make it until the end of the night. It was 7:00 when I realized I just couldn't do it and would have to make a mad rush back to the hotel to get my glasses. Could I do it?

You'll have to wait to find out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: