DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #16
LoveBWVVBR
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
curious about Vero - we'll be staying there for the 1st time in March 2014 - see if the beach lives up to St. Pete's.
It is quite different from a Gulf Coast beach, being on the open atlantic with a lot of waves. However, I think it's a nice beach. I live nearby and love our beaches.
LoveBWVVBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #17
busybethie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 78

I am thinking about a small contract 50/100 points and paying cash. The buy in is $1,000's cheaper than the other resorts. MF's are roughly $2 a point than OKW which we currently own. The fees would be $100/200 more a year but with the cheaper buy in, it would take several years to break even.

Beth
busybethie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #18
kenspidey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybethie View Post
I am thinking about a small contract 50/100 points and paying cash. The buy in is $1,000's cheaper than the other resorts. MF's are roughly $2 a point than OKW which we currently own. The fees would be $100/200 more a year but with the cheaper buy in, it would take several years to break even. Beth
There is a lot of hesitation on this board for that but I say I say go for it especially if you can pay cash for Vero but would have to finance another resort. I went for a 150 point one and I don't regret it. If you want to use them at WDW you can almost always find something at 7 months especially if you don't mind Saratoga or Key west and Vero is a great resort as well.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
busybethie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenspidey View Post
There is a lot of hesitation on this board for that but I say I say go for it especially if you can pay cash for Vero but would have to finance another resort. I went for a 150 point one and I don't regret it. If you want to use them at WDW you can almost always find something at 7 months especially if you don't mind Saratoga or Key west and Vero is a great resort as well.

Thanks for your thoughts. We are going to VB for the first time this June. We have always stayed at OKW and are completely happy there.

Thanks.

Beth
busybethie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
curious about Vero - we'll be staying there for the 1st time in March 2014 - see if the beach lives up to St. Pete's.
We are Gulf Coast fans, wide expansive beaches, white sand, warm water. Went to VB several years ago and did not like the beach. And it has been washed out a few times since we went. We now own a Gulf Coast timeshare because we wanted to go to the beach and VB just didn't cut it for us.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #21
jasonv1
Earning My Ears
 
jasonv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12

Thumbs up

I'm looking at a small VB contract at well to give me an alternative home resort and some extra points.

I put together a spreadsheet that shows the lifetime cost per point based on what I bought in at various resorts. I've come up with a maximum I'll pay for VB points, which will put me near the same lifetime cost for other (resort) 2042 contracts. I have no problem buying there assuming the up front cost is within my limits. My price may be too low, meaning it won't pass ROFR, but this wouldn't be my primary resort so I can live with losing the deal and trying again.

I don't worry about potential hurricanes, as the odds of them striking there are rare in the scheme of things. That is why the resort has insurance.
__________________
jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #22
kenspidey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
We are Gulf Coast fans, wide expansive beaches, white sand, warm water. Went to VB several years ago and did not like the beach. And it has been washed out a few times since we went. We now own a Gulf Coast timeshare because we wanted to go to the beach and VB just didn't cut it for us.
I love both types of beaches for different reasons. I love the sound of crashing waves while i sunbath but also can enjoy the Gulf side too. I love Vero.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #23
kenspidey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonv1 View Post
I'm looking at a small VB contract at well to give me an alternative home resort and some extra points. I put together a spreadsheet that shows the lifetime cost per point based on what I bought in at various resorts. I've come up with a maximum I'll pay for VB points, which will put me near the same lifetime cost for other (resort) 2042 contracts. I have no problem buying there assuming the up front cost is within my limits. My price may be too low, meaning it won't pass ROFR, but this wouldn't be my primary resort so I can live with losing the deal and trying again. I don't worry about potential hurricanes, as the odds of them striking there are rare in the scheme of things. That is why the resort has insurance.
Are you factoring in interest on the difference in purchase price? If you do the "real" difference is really not much at today's prices considering Vero can be had for half the cost of SSR.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
jasonv1
Earning My Ears
 
jasonv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12

My assumption is that I wouldn't have the "extra leftover" money to invest if I bought VB, so I just go on net cost difference.

Plus, with VB maint costs rising a few (1-3) percentage points higher than other resorts, that really wipes out any interest earnings you might get (assuming simple low risk investments) were you to have "extra" money leftover by buying VB rather than other resorts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenspidey View Post
Are you factoring in interest on the difference in purchase price? If you do the "real" difference is really not much at today's prices considering Vero can be had for half the cost of SSR.
__________________
jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #25
kenspidey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonv1 View Post
My assumption is that I wouldn't have the "extra leftover" money to invest if I bought VB, so I just go on net cost difference. Plus, with VB maint costs rising a few (1-3) percentage points higher than other resorts, that really wipes out any interest earnings you might get (assuming simple low risk investments) were you to have "extra" money leftover by buying VB rather than other resorts.
Of course if you had to borrow to buy SSR and could pay cash for Vero the difference in the purchase price could make a big difference in the net cost equation.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.