Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #91
SammiL
Mouseketeer

Nemo. The cramped submarine makes me claustrophobic.

I would also say innovations... But now that the iron man exhibit and Thor meet and greet is there, it's much more interesting!!! I was blown away by Thor

Disneyland - many, many times and counting
WDW - 1994 offsite // 2013 Split POP and CSR // Oct 2014 AOA and POR

SammiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #92
kathy884
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MychaelP View Post
I must agree. I even tried it again once they changed the cars, it is the most jarring ride on earth I think. Even worse than any wooden rollercoaster! Maybe it sits slow low to the ground due to the height clearances so they can't put shocks on it?
Glad I read this thread. DS (who is 18) can ride it by himself or with others in our party. I will plan on skipping it. Now that I'm over 50 I find many rides pretty jarring and prefer smooth and fast is that is available.
kathy884 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #93
kathy884
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxica20 View Post
at disneyland:
snow white- too creepy for me
OMG -- they still have this. The last time I was at Disneyland is 1965 when I was five, and boy did that ride creep me out. I even had nightmares about it. I'm guessing that now at 53 instead of five I'd be fine, but I'll definitely give that a skip too in an upcoming trip we are doing. (I can truly say that back in 1965 my one and only time at this particular park that was the worst ride for me. It made a big impression and gave me bad dreams. Yuck!)

one trip to Disneyland in 1965
35 trips to WDW (1971 - 2013)
Old 01-04-2014, 11:03 PM   #94
dusti95
Earning My Ears

My DS and I went to DL in June 2013 and it was both of our first time in the park.

I am not usually a fan of fast spinning rides (get motion sickness very easy). But I rode almost all the rides (minus the ones that just didn't look appealing to me PERIOD) because its Disneyland and you just gotta suck it up and ride the rides. ~kept telling myself.... once in a lifetime trip~

The absolute worst ride I WILL NEVER go on again is Star Tours. I couldn't handle it, I was sooo nauseous that I had to shut my eyes half way through it just so I didn't puke. A close second is Goofy's Sky School. That thing made me feel like it was going to fly off the track at any second and you were going to go flying to your death (DS made the mistake of having us watch that Final Fantasy movie before going to DL). I am also not a "small gal" and it was extremely tight. Sooo tight that sometime during the ride my cell phone, an iPhone, fell out of my pocket. Realized it was gone when we got to GRR, went back to see if it had been turned in, and they were like.... Yes there is a phone on the track, but we can't do anything about it until the ride comes to a stop, please check back in 1 hour.... LONGEST 1 hour of my life, went back and the phone was perfectly okay.. nothing broken thank goodness.... A close third is Mickey's Fun Wheel (swinging car). I rode this twice, once in a stationary car and once swinging. I was trying to fit fingers through the little tiny holes in the cage just so I could grab onto something... Anything.. But the stationary cars I LOVED.....

I never got a chance to go on the Nemo or California Soaring rides. One because the lines were long and two I figured Soaring would be the same as the Star Tours and make me sick.

And now come May 2014 my Disney dreams gets to come true again. This May my DH and I are going to DL to celebrate our 25th anniversary (of when we first met / not wedding). And since I get the chance to go back, I was kind of disappointed that Nemo and California Screaming are going to be down for refurb. More so Nemo than California Screaming. But even more upset that Space Mountain is going to be down for refurb. I just LOVED it.... And now DH says he wants to ride on Mickey's Fun Wheel in the swinging car.. And the Tea Cups in the purple cup, cause it spins the fastest. YIKES!!! But oh well, I get to go back to my happy place and ride Pirates, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, the Matterhorn, and all my FAVORITES....
dusti95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #95
kathy884
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
Captain EO is my worst attraction.
Only saw this at WDW in the 80s, and it was sooo lame. And I am even a Michael Jackson fan -- love his song writing, singing, and dancing. This is definitely one to skip. It's not even on my list to try on our upcoming Disneyland Resort visit, and given my description of it, no one else in my family wants to try it either.

Two of the rides many people don't like are my two favorite in all of WDW:

WDW favorites:
1) Soarin (love it -- innovative, beautiful photography and some places we're vacationed at, something the whole family can do together -- DS loves it which makes it extra fun)
2) Tower of Terror (really get a kick out of the Twilight Zone theming and I like drop rides -- DS again loves it which makes it extra fun to do with him)

Last edited by kathy884; 01-05-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #96
mvgiggles
Earning My Ears

My least favorite in DCA is the grizzly bear river ride. I hate getting wet, it's just not appealing to me. The scary wheel is definitely a close second. I went 2 different times and did okay, but I would definitely not recommend it or encourage anyone to ride it!

In DL, my least favorite is either innoventions (just boring and a waste of space) or Star Tours (I get motion sickness)
Old 01-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #97
emacat
Polishing up my ears

Nemo was my least favorite. In fairness that could be because the window I was next to was smeared with nose boogies. Just disgusting. Since then, I just get a dirty vibe every time I go near it!
Other than that, we like about everything. Star Tours is always lowest on our list, but we will do it if there's not a big line.
First WDW trip June 21-28 2013 at Port Orleans Riverside!

Mom Emilie

emacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #98
Carolynleanne
Canadian Disney mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Nemo submarines. They make me claustrophobic!
SO with you!!!

Next trip: December 2015
May 2014 Disneyland
March 2012 - Disneyland
January 2010 - DisneyWorld
March 2007 - Disneyland
September 2004 - Disneyland
April 2001 - Disneyland
September 1997 - Disneyland
October 1992 - Disneyland
-------
Blogging about life as a stay at home mom, reviewing great family friendly products and talking about my love of Disney.

http://www.momentsinmommyland.com/
Carolynleanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:08 AM   #99
NPRinLA
Earning My Ears

Hands down...Nemo. The lines are always out of control, it's slow to load and get going and once you're inside clostraphobia sinks in.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #100
amyamya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPRinLA View Post
Hands down...Nemo. The lines are always out of control, it's slow to load and get going and once you're inside clostraphobia sinks in.

My trick for beating my claustrophobia on Nemo is asking the CM to be the last person in the sub. That way you aren't sandwiched between two people and get the end seat. It's also nearest the stairs and the fresh air. It's the only way I can ride it!!
amyamya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #101
nannyz
DIS Veteran

Big Thunder Mountain. For the life of me, I do not understand why there are no seat belts on that ride.
I have posted here several times that it is a dangerous ride for a young or light-weight child. I took my daughter on it when she was small and had to hold her down so she wouldn't fly right out of the car.

As to Soarin', it will not make you motion sick. The seats lift up a little, and after that they do not move. So if the "movie" bothers you, you can just close your eyes. It's nothing like Star Tours.

But I will tell you, no one suffers more than I do from motion sickness, and Soarin' doesn't bother me at all. It's my favorite ride.
nannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #102
lisaradz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemermaid View Post
Innoventions, and since Innoventions doesn't even count as a ride , Star Tours...used to be one of my favorites, but now is unrideable for me due to the new 3-D effects making me sick. Like, motion sick to the point of vomiting the first time I rode it & the second time I rode it (I gave it another chance & still...no. )

In DCA...Mickey's Vomit Wheel. No explanation needed.
Totally agree! My kids love Startours but it makes me sick.

lisaradz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #103
dorchrislen
Eat, Sleep & Breathe WDW

DL: AstroOrbiter because I can't get my big behind in or out very easily, and during I freak I'm gonna fall out! Also the steamboat and canoes because I have no time in my commando touring to waste on those.

DCA: The Mickey Wheel takes too long, and I will NEVER go on Goofy's Sky School because it is too jerky, but my son insists.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: