Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #46
Princess351
Earning My Ears

Tower of Terror...ugh. Tower of Terror! I've tried it twice now, and just can't justify willingly being dropped several stories, and raised, and dropped again! My DH loves it... me, not so much. I just end up white-knuckled, holding on for dear life and unable to open my eyes 'til I know it's over
Princess351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #47
T0rrent
Mouseketeer

I'll ride just about anything, but Mickey's wheel of doom is a no go for me. Even non swinging there is not enough liquid courage in the world to get me on that thing Other than that and maybe the swings (just not my cup of tea for a ride) we go on and enjoy just about every ride. Even the kiddie rides like Heimlich's chew chew train was fun to us.
T0rrent is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess351 View Post
Tower of Terror...ugh. Tower of Terror! I've tried it twice now, and just can't justify willingly being dropped several stories, and raised, and dropped again! My DH loves it... me, not so much. I just end up white-knuckled, holding on for dear life and unable to open my eyes 'til I know it's over
I love this ride, but my daughter feels the same way about it as you. When we rode it back in the 90's at WDW, I bought the photo even though you can't see my daughter's face since it was buried in my shoulder. I had a good laugh seeing her strike the same pose again on our latest visit last week.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #49
disneyxica20
Earning My Ears

at disneyland:
snow white- too creepy for me
nemo- boring
matterhorn- the jerkiness and bumpiness is too much for me. the last time i rode it the only thing i could think the entire time was, "i want to get off, i want to get off, i want to get off'

at cal. adv.:
mickey's "fun" wheel- i rode this once in the swinging cage and i will never get on again. i never get motion sickness, but i seriously thought i was going to barf on this. my husband always tries to get me on it (he's never ridden so he hasn't experience the terror) but it will never happen. plus, it's stop and go the whole time and i hate that.
tower of terror- i like this ride, but i hate it at the same time. the up and down freaks me out.
disneyxica20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #50
FreshBakedDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyDisneyMom View Post
Flame suit on: Storybook Canal Boats. I did it once I just didn't get it. It's cute but not something I'd ever ride again.

I got my blowtorch on stand-by Storybook Land!?!? This is pure Disney. The very essence of Walt. I would even go so far as to say one of a few key factors in Walt's story that helped get Disneyland built (he LOVED miniatures).
FreshBakedDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #51
FreshBakedDisney
Mouseketeer

My least favorite ride in either park is Soarin over California. I abhor simulators, and this one is the worst of them all. No immersion, no personality. It's exactly what Disneyland isn't as far I'm concerned.
FreshBakedDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #52
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
My least favorite ride in either park is Soarin over California. I abhor simulators, and this one is the worst of them all. No immersion, no personality. It's exactly what Disneyland isn't as far I'm concerned.
I LOVE Soarin'!!!!!

Worst are the Teacups, and Innoventions..... Subs, and not really a fan of Star Tours

To each their own.

--Lori
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #53
JazzyCatsAtDLR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
What?!?!?! How do you not get immersed in it?! I am a lifelong Disney lover and Disneyland will always be number one, but I absolutely love Soarin'. I think it is a brilliant ride, especially if you sit in the front row. I could understand if you had said you were afraid of heights or got motion sickness, but I don't understand what you mean by "No immersion, no personality. It's exactly what Disneyland isn't as far as I'm concerned." Please explain!
JazzyCatsAtDLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #54
Coffee50
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxica20 View Post
at disneyland:
snow white- too creepy for me
nemo- boring
matterhorn- the jerkiness and bumpiness is too much for me. the last time i rode it the only thing i could think the entire time was, "i want to get off, i want to get off, i want to get off'

at cal. adv.:
mickey's "fun" wheel- i rode this once in the swinging cage and i will never get on again. i never get motion sickness, but i seriously thought i was going to barf on this. my husband always tries to get me on it (he's never ridden so he hasn't experience the terror) but it will never happen. plus, it's stop and go the whole time and i hate that.
tower of terror- i like this ride, but i hate it at the same time. the up and down freaks me out.
I like the swinging cage, but it was halfway through the ride when I noticed they actually do have paper bags in the carts for that very reason!!
Coffee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #55
JasonShannon76
Mouseketeer

How can anyone NOT like Soarin? That's the best ride ever.

I'm do NOT care for Nemo, Pinnochio, Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin, Snow White, or Storybook Land. Oh, not a fan of Tarzans Treehouse either. Mickeys Horrifying Wheel scared the crap out of me (swinging car), but it did have pretty views.
JasonShannon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #56
onespeed
Earning My Ears

Matterhorn, used to be a favorite before the new cars. Rode it last month and for some reason, without having to unload, the CM asked if we wanted to go again, everyone was game and i didn't want to wimp out, but even with bracing myself my butt hurt like heck.
onespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:36 AM   #57
vladimir p
storybookland canal boats #1 fan

Quote:
I got my blowtorch on stand-by Storybook Land!?!? This is pure Disney. The very essence of Walt. I would even go so far as to say one of a few key factors in Walt's story that helped get Disneyland built (he LOVED miniatures).
could not agree more.
it's weird cause i might not like to ride it very much, but it is my favorite ride.
vladimir p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #58
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

We rode Storybook Land at night this time around, and I think the biggest enjoyment we got was seeing all the ducks sound asleep next to the little miniature villages.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #59
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Winnie the Pooh's Acid Trip.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #60
MICKEYFIL
Mouseketeer

For me the worst ride is, much like others here, the wheel!!!! That bloody wheel of boredom and vomit.

But I will throw another into the ring. The biggest let down for me is Peter Pan. From the enormity of the line and the chaos of children yelling in a confined area, to the horrible ride duration to wait time ratio, I have to say this was the biggest waste of time I have ever gone through. I just don't get it, why is this on like everyone's rush list to do first thing in the morning?
MICKEYFIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: