Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #31
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
It makes me sad as it used to be one of my favorite rides, but Matterhorn is the worst for me. I am thankful DD turned 7 so now the kids can ride it Single Rider. I am pretty young and in great health, and Matterhorn gives me a headache and pain in my tailbone every time [since they changed the bobsleds].
I have to agree with this. Used to love it, but too uncomfortable now. Sure wish those bobsleds were smooth like the Space Mountain cars.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #32
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

Poor Mickey's Wheel of Death gets no love. :P I loved the swinging cars but I have a balance disorder so the swinging felt kinda normal to me.

Count me with the Matterhorn dislikers. I got tricked into riding it at 5 and told my parents I'd never forgive them for it. Finally rode it again this past Halloween and STILL didn't like it. That was the bumpiest ride ever.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #33
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai View Post
Innoventions - "Why is this even in Disneyland???"

{Like}

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #34
Aust
DIS Veteran

Autopia - too fume-y, boring, and I always feel like the vast amount of space it takes up could be put to better use. And also I have always had to wait for ages to get on it, and then feel like it was time wasted.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #35
Vexorg
Princess Wanted

In terms of boredom: Heimlich's Chew Chew Train (Even the CMs running it acknowledge that it's just about the most boring thing in the park.)

In terms of unpleasantness: Grizzly River Run (I just don't like getting wet if I don't have to.) Autopia isn't high on my list either (The wait always seems to be longer than it looks, and the cars can be literally painful to drive, but my GF enjoys the opportunity to drive as badly as possible.)

In terms of "There's no way in heck you're getting me on that thing": The swinging cars on Mickey's Fun Wheel (although I have no problem with the fixed ones.) The Maliboomer would probably count too if it was still around.

My Blog: http://thesledgehammer.wordpress.com - The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Vexorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #36
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

Nemo (boring & claustrophobic), the teacups (make me sooo nauseous) & the swings (wether they want to call it the orange stinger or Silly Symphony, it's all the same level of scary to me!).

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #37
KingLouie7
Earning My Ears

Here right now. Have to say World of Color holiday is terrible. So boring!!! 30 minute ad for Frozen with that horribly annoying snowman, songs we have never heard, slow boring songs, and very few real Disney characters are featured. Not many water and light effects. Only highlight was the Toy Story part. Long time Disney world Guest and former cast member here. I have seen tons of shows over the years and liked most of them. But World of Color holiday is by far the worst.
Dixie Landings 1993, YC 1994, BC 1995, BWV 1996, AS Sport Summer 1997, CS Winter 1997, AS Sport 1998, ASMu 1999, CBR 2000, Vista Way Summer 2001 (WDWCP AK ODF), CBR 2003, Disneyland (off-site) 2006, POFQ 2008, Disneyland (off-site) 2009, POFQ 2010, POFQ 2012, DLH 2013, WL 2014

KingLouie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #38
mandeblu
Earning My Ears

I have to agree with that Giant Horrid Wheel! The first time my family and I went on it, we didn't know the cars moved. My look on my husbands face was priceless but we honestly both felt like we were going straight into the water.
mandeblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #39
storralva
Earning My Ears

Matterhorn. I used to love it, but after the changing of the bobsleds it's so jerky. major sad face.
storralva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #40
storralva
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeblu View Post
I have to agree with that Giant Horrid Wheel! The first time my family and I went on it, we didn't know the cars moved. My look on my husbands face was priceless but we honestly both felt like we were going straight into the water.
I love Ferris Wheels but my husband doesn't. He said if he was going to be scared, then I needed to be too. I could not understand how there was no safety bar!!!! I just kept picturing the car tipping over and flying into the water. lol
storralva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #41
disneycat321
Mouseketeer

Other than the Bugs Life rides, which are the only rides I've never gone on (because why? I don't have kids yet...), I would have to say the teacups. I don't get motion sickness very easily, but my stomach just can't handle those things.

I always see so much hate for Sky School but I LOVE that ride. That first drop - love!! And I love the Matterhorn. Love. Yes, it is jerky, but I've learned how to brace myself, and it works for me.

I am pretty scared of Mickey's Wheel of Terror, as I call it, but I can do it, and it's not my least favorite.
Disneyland Annual Passholders
disneycat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #42
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Innoventions, and since Innoventions doesn't even count as a ride , Star Tours...used to be one of my favorites, but now is unrideable for me due to the new 3-D effects making me sick. Like, motion sick to the point of vomiting the first time I rode it & the second time I rode it (I gave it another chance & still...no. )

In DCA...Mickey's Vomit Wheel. No explanation needed.

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #43
bakerudall
Real Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycat321 View Post
Other than the Bugs Life rides, which are the only rides I've never gone on (because why? I don't have kids yet...), I would have to say the teacups. I don't get motion sickness very easily, but my stomach just can't handle those things.
When you do go to A Bug's Land, don't ride Flik's Flyers. They will make you 10 times more nauseous than the teacups.
bakerudall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #44
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Autopia and Astro Orbiters.

Also, I think that Dumbo is highly overrated and not worth the wait. /hide
Old 11-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #45
aidensmom31
Obsessed Disney Fan

Mine would have to be Mickey's Wheel of Terror and the Silly Swings......something about these two and the heights just does not work for me.

aidensmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: