Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #31
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Olga will only have a Queen size bed. The room is pretty small!

I'm feeling rejected. Right now I share with a BIG black lab and a medium sized Springer Spaniel when Michael is away. I'm used to the fetal position. Tell Olga to move over!

Quote:
I don't think you've posted your days yet, but we are having dinner out there on the 20th, so we will be out there. Also just about any day will be fine for me. Unless Fran has an ulterior plan for moving that I don't know about. She's usually good about letting me have time with my DIS friends.

We'll be in the parks the 19th and 20th so the 20th sounds good. Did you read about my major score on a villa the 19th? Where are you having dinner?

We'll drive out the 18th, Disney for 2 days, DTD for one, So Cal for 2 days, then drive home Christmas Eve (if the weather cooperates).

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Sounds like you were smart and did both of your wait lists as single nights? I'm not surprised, that vastly increases your chances of it coming through but major SCORE!!!!!!!!!

I had similar luck today, we've changed our April trip to be 1 night in a studio and 4 in a 1 bedroom as my parents are coming. I was shocked to see there were still 1B's for all of easter week. Of course the 5 studio nights I let go are already gone. Good news about all of this is it means that we can still have a lovely Easter Dinner in the villa (or breakfast depending on performance schedule) and probably hit church as well since my parents will get a car.

I like the dates you picked MUCH better. Yes it will be crazy but there is something about being home on actual Christmas (versus traveling!) that supersedes all of it.

UGH on missing 2 days. The E's will miss 2 in Jan and while there usually isn't a ton the first couple of days after break I really REALLY hope Evan gets his act in gear so I can feel better about it. I don't think it will make or break a thing but still.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #33
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Sounds like you were smart and did both of your wait lists as single nights? I'm not surprised, that vastly increases your chances of it coming through but major SCORE!!!!!!!!!

I had similar luck today, we've changed our April trip to be 1 night in a studio and 4 in a 1 bedroom as my parents are coming. I was shocked to see there were still 1B's for all of easter week. Of course the 5 studio nights I let go are already gone. Good news about all of this is it means that we can still have a lovely Easter Dinner in the villa (or breakfast depending on performance schedule) and probably hit church as well since my parents will get a car.

I like the dates you picked MUCH better. Yes it will be crazy but there is something about being home on actual Christmas (versus traveling!) that supersedes all of it.

UGH on missing 2 days. The E's will miss 2 in Jan and while there usually isn't a ton the first couple of days after break I really REALLY hope Evan gets his act in gear so I can feel better about it. I don't think it will make or break a thing but still.

I'm silly happy and agree, we wouldn't have got it so quickly or at all had we not separated them into two lists. I'd love to score the Friday night but I'm truly grateful we got even one. I'm also very surprised but we've had really good luck with the GCV at 7 months and wait lists.

You'll be at Disneyland in April right? I'm so glad you had luck changing. I've found the GCV gets really sticky at about 4 months. I think lots of locals don't plan as far out as we do. I'm still shocked I got a night at just over 30 days out.

I like the dates we chose too. They just feel better especially after I totally over analyzed them. Michael is happy he's gone for the debate-with-myself-period of time.

I hate them missing school too especially after our October fiasco with the girls but they're doing incredible this year as far as not turning in late work and staying ahead of the game. I'm not worried about Joshua at all but the girls make me nervous. We can only hope, right? The two days at the beginning of the quarter should be fine for the E's.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #34
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Awesome that you get to go for the holidays! And I agree going before Christmas is a better time.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #35
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Congratulations on the wait list!!!

I like your pros/cons list for options 1 and 2 I wouldn't want to drive on Christmas, much better to be home and relaxing.

I'm so excited for you guys!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #36
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Awesome that you get to go for the holidays! And I agree going before Christmas is a better time. PHXscuba
I see you're going to. Aren't the holidays just the best at Disneyland? We did Christmas Day and the week after and while it was doable, it was packed! Of course if it was the only time we could go, I'd happily do it but since we've got a choice, I'll take the less busy time. Plus I think throwing a Thursday in there will be good.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #37
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Congratulations on the wait list!!! I like your pros/cons list for options 1 and 2 I wouldn't want to drive on Christmas, much better to be home and relaxing. I'm so excited for you guys!

Thank you Pam, I'm so totally happy about the GCV. I faxed in my villa request today. I'm such a view junkie. It's so silly. We need this trip. Disneyland/WDW is that place where we're able to reconnect and bond. It's truly magical; kids don't bicker, everyone clears their plate, it's amazing.

And then we've got the cruise just over 3 months later! :woohoo;

Are you starting to pack? Did you even get unpacked?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #38
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So what size Villa did you get? I can totally see why your wait list came through. It's the 30 day time line for us locals to cancel their waitlists for a whim of staying on property.

I hope the next one comes through as well!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #39
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm feeling rejected. Right now I share with a BIG black lab and a medium sized Springer Spaniel when Michael is away. I'm used to the fetal position. Tell Olga to move over!
Sharing works for me.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #40
rentayenta

Quote:
So what size Villa did you get? I can totally see why your wait list came through. It's the 30 day time line for us locals to cancel their waitlists for a whim of staying on property.

I hope the next one comes through as well!

Right now there is a 2 bedroom (not lock-off) available and I'd nab it in a minute but its 108 points. While it'd be amazing its a little too rich for my blood. I know folks have to cancel at 30 days but I don't know if the day of the reservation counts as the 30th day or is it the day before? Right now, from my calculations, it seems like folks still have another two days to cancel for me to get the 20th and for them to be within their 30 days. Does that sounds right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Sharing works for me.

Perfect. Now Alison just needs to convince Olga.

Update coming soon.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #41
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Right now there is a 2 bedroom (not lock-off) available and I'd nab it in a minute but its 108 points. While it'd be amazing its a little too rich for my blood. I know folks have to cancel at 30 days but I don't know if the day of the reservation counts as the 30th day or is it the day before? Right now, from my calculations, it seems like folks still have another two days to cancel for me to get the 20th and for them to be within their 30 days. Does that sounds right?

Well folks have up until 30 days before the penalty kicks in so its these last couple days where they make the decision. I thought you were all out of points? I actually had to borrow points to pull off our May-June trip! I would keep up hope for two days!

Quote:
Perfect. Now Alison just needs to convince Olga.

Update coming soon.
Olga is pretty easy to convince....as long as you don't mind drool.
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #42
rentayenta

Quote:
Well folks have up until 30 days before the penalty kicks in so its these last couple days where they make the decision. I thought you were all out of points? I actually had to borrow points to pull off our May-June trip! I would keep up hope for two days!

I'm always out of points. I borrowed from 2013. My use year is December I had to dip in for our last trip too. I've come to the realization that unless Michael buys me an add on, we'll always be in the red. .

You had to borrow points?

I'm keeping my hope up and my fingers crossed. It's in the Universe's hands now.

Quote:
Olga is pretty easy to convince....as long as you don't mind drool.

Good kitty!

Old 11-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #43
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #44
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I'm always out of points. I borrowed from 2013. My use year is December I had to dip in for our last trip too. I've come to the realization that unless Michael buys me an add on, we'll always be in the red. .

You had to borrow points?

I'm keeping my hope up and my fingers crossed. It's in the Universe's hands now.
2013 wouldn't be borrowing though, as your trip falls in your 2013 UY..

Are you kidding? I'm borrowed out through most of 2014! Which means if I want to do any trips in my 14 UY they will have to come out of 2015. I am NOT doing another add on

Of course 4 trips in my 2013 UY will do that to you so I really can't complain

I keep contemplating moving the DLR trip to 4 nights instead of 5 so it would all be in a one bedroom but that really won't give Evan any decent time at GCV so...leaving it alone. I'll be stuck once we book flights anyway but right now the weds return is cheaper...

UGH
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #45
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
2013 wouldn't be borrowing though, as your trip falls in your 2013 UY..

Are you kidding? I'm borrowed out through most of 2014! Which means if I want to do any trips in my 14 UY they will have to come out of 2015. I am NOT doing another add on

Of course 4 trips in my 2013 UY will do that to you so I really can't complain

I keep contemplating moving the DLR trip to 4 nights instead of 5 so it would all be in a one bedroom but that really won't give Evan any decent time at GCV so...leaving it alone. I'll be stuck once we book flights anyway but right now the weds return is cheaper...

UGH

It is borrowing. I have no points right now and have 85 coming on Dec 1, 2013. So I must be into 2014's points? I have no idea. All I know is I can keep booking trips. One of these days I will have to seriously investigate a GCV add on.

Correct, you CANNOT complain. You're doing quite well on the Disney trips girlfriend.

More nights is always better even if it means moving for a night.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: