Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
jitterbug
Mouseketeer

how are you using touringplans?

I finally paid for touringplans to check it out (using my 20% off from mousesavers.com) and figured eh, it's less than 6 bucks, let's see what it's about. I haven't tried Ridemax, so I have no base for comparison.

On a Tuesday that has a 1 of out 10 crowd level, I selected a bunch of attractions and selected the option for the early entry. But when I "optimized" my plan, I was surprised to see it starts me off at Star Tours, then PFF for Tangled, and then Dumbo. And all I could think was, "That's not how my friends at DISboards say I should tour, WTH?"

So for those of you using TouringPlans, are you just putting your own schedules together and then using "evaluate" over "optimize"?? Although at the lowest level, isitpacked.com is giving it a "hey, it's alright" ranking, so thought I should have some kind of game plan.

Thanks!!
jitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
I finally paid for touringplans to check it out (using my 20% off from mousesavers.com) and figured eh, it's less than 6 bucks, let's see what it's about. I haven't tried Ridemax, so I have no base for comparison.

On a Tuesday that has a 1 of out 10 crowd level, I selected a bunch of attractions and selected the option for the early entry. But when I "optimized" my plan, I was surprised to see it starts me off at Star Tours, then PFF for Tangled, and then Dumbo. And all I could think was, "That's not how my friends at DISboards say I should tour, WTH?"

So for those of you using TouringPlans, are you just putting your own schedules together and then using "evaluate" over "optimize"?? Although at the lowest level, isitpacked.com is giving it a "hey, it's alright" ranking, so thought I should have some kind of game plan.

Thanks!!
I used Touring Plans to plan for our recent trip. I would pick the attractions I wanted and click "optimize" to see what order they recommended. But, since my personal preference was to do some rides at different times of day, I would rearrange the plan and use "evaluate".

I suspect they have you starting at Star Tours because it's one of the closest rides to the park entrance and it can have a long wait later in the day.

I ended up not really using the plans once in the park. Right off the bat, Indy had a delayed opening and it was the first ride on my list that we wanted to do because my DD was finally tall enough. As the days went on, it was pointless to stick to a schedule when people in our group wanted to do different things on the fly. If I was touring solo, these touring plans would be great...but with 5 people with different agenda, it didn't quite work. It was fun to play with though.
dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
cmpeter
Mouseketeer

I didn't use TP for that same reason. I prefer Ridemax and have had good luck with them at DL/DCA.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Jperiod
Princesses Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpeter View Post
I didn't use TP for that same reason. I prefer Ridemax and have had good luck with them at DL/DCA.
How are the two different ? I'm considering purchasing one for our Dec trip because the changes to the DAS/GAC have really affected us.

DLR in 1/97, 8/98, 12/98, 12/99, 12/00, 12/02, 12/03, 12/04, 12/05, 10/07, 12/07, 5/08, 12/08, 5/09, 12/09, 5/10, and 12/10.
WDW in 12/11 to satisfy our curiousity.
Back to DLR in 12/12, 2/13 (VGC ), 7/13 (2 day trips), 10/13, 12/13, and 12/14!
Jperiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperiod View Post
How are the two different ? I'm considering purchasing one for our Dec trip because the changes to the DAS/GAC have really affected us.
I prefer Touring Plan's flexibility because you can use the plan in the order they recommend or you can put the attractions in your own order and let the program tell you the wait times. Ridemax only lets you use the plan in the order created by the program. Plus, Touring Plans has all the shows/parades...Ridemax does not.
dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: