Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #31
magicbob
DIS Veteran
 
magicbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
^^^THIS

I vividly remember standing there with my Parents as my father video conferenced with the cast member making our dining reservations for a World Showcase Restaurant.
I remember walking up to King Stefan's Banquet Hall (now Cinderella's Royal Table) at the castle and making an ADR for that evening!
__________________


Ratatouille, the Ride!


magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #32
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
I'm just saying...cable cars! It was my very first ride at the Magic Kingdom.


Cable cars? Are we talkin' Main Street Trolleys or the gondolas of the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland Skyway? I LOVED the Skyway.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #33
Granny square
Always planning a trip!
 
Granny square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
I remember walking up to King Stefan's Banquet Hall (now Cinderella's Royal Table) at the castle and making an ADR for that evening!
And wondering why king Stefan had his banquet hall was in cinderellas castle...
__________________
wishing I was at the beach!
Granny square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #34
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven
 
skriegerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

Cable cars? Are we talkin' Main Street Trolleys or the gondolas of the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland Skyway? I LOVED the Skyway.
I vividly remember the gondola ride :-)

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
__________________
"Please stand clear of the doors...
Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"


"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."


skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #35
Postal68
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 715

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
As for BTMRR and the two hour wait, it's quite possible that will be returning soon if you don't use a FP+ on it. And I wasn't really pining for the old days, I am simply trying to point out how a trip to WDW has changed.
BINGO!!!

The FP+ system is going to make it impossible to go to WDW unless you have FP+ reservations. Of you want to just go there for the day or vacation there without reservations you are simply wasting thousands of dollars because you will not be able to do anything without waiting an hour minimum.

You'll be lucky to get in 5 attractions in a day between lines and breaks for meals and comfort.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #36
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
Pot, calling the kettle, black!

I neither made fun of nor criticized anyone, simply pointed out my memory, and what I enjoy about planning my trips...

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
Hey you two, let's not forget it's opinions that make this country great.

While I do agree with the previous opinion that it's fun planning for a trip, I also find that I spend about 20 hours planning before we even get on the plane. This trip it's substantially more as I'm making sure I understand all the nuances of the new MDE system. Makes that two hours at BTMRR seem short.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #37
Granny square
Always planning a trip!
 
Granny square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
I vividly remember the gondola ride :-) Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
Making out in the gondolas! Forgot that!
__________________
wishing I was at the beach!
Granny square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #38
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven
 
skriegerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square

Making out in the gondolas! Forgot that!
Well I was, I think, 9 when I rode them, so a little young to be making out with anyone...

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
__________________
"Please stand clear of the doors...
Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"


"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."


skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #39
Granny square
Always planning a trip!
 
Granny square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
BINGO!!! The FP+ system is going to make it impossible to go to WDW unless you have FP+ reservations. Of you want to just go there for the day or vacation there without reservations you are simply wasting thousands of dollars because you will not be able to do anything without waiting an hour minimum. You'll be lucky to get in 5 attractions in a day between lines and breaks for meals and comfort.
I disagree. We get there early (always have because we are morning people ) and have usually ridden buzz, sm, pooh, pp, sw, and the hm before lunch without fp's. Then we hit the other side major rides and then wander the shows etc. would use fp for btmm on occasion.

My opinion. Only time will tell of course.
__________________
wishing I was at the beach!
Granny square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #40
Granny square
Always planning a trip!
 
Granny square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
Well I was, I think, 9 when I rode them, so a little young to be making out with anyone... Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
Lol, you missed it then!
__________________
wishing I was at the beach!
Granny square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #41
wisblue
DIS Veteran
 
wisblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
Yeah, I remember waiting 2 hours in line to ride BTMRR, that was awesome spending that big of a percentage of your total park hours, vs. my last trip in November 2011, with FP, never waiting for ANY ride more than 20 minutes, and most rides just walking right on. Oh, how I pine, for the good old days.
If you were walking on a lot of rides and not waiting for more than 20 minutes for anything, that was because the crowds were low, not because of FP.

For people who can visit during those times, they can have the same experience, whether there is no FP, FP-, FP+ or whatever.

For people who are tied to school calendars and don't have that luxury, the experience is going to be different. At those times, FP- has always run out early on the most popular attractions.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #42
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven
 
skriegerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square

Lol, you missed it then!
Unfortunately...maybe I'll make out with my wife on POTC this trip! LOL

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
__________________
"Please stand clear of the doors...
Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"


"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."


skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #43
Granny square
Always planning a trip!
 
Granny square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
Unfortunately...maybe I'll make out with my wife on POTC this trip! LOL Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
Go for it! (Not really IT, of course!
__________________
wishing I was at the beach!
Granny square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven
 
skriegerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue

If you were walking on a lot of rides and not waiting for more than 20 minutes for anything, that was because the crowds were low, not because of FP.

For people who can visit during those times, they can have the same experience, whether there is no FP, FP-, FP+ or whatever.

For people who are tied to school calendars and don't have that luxury, the experience is going to be different. At those times, FP- has always run out early on the most popular attractions.
No that was just pre fp return time enforcement, where you could ride any ride with a fp, up until the park closed. That, plus rope drop, meant you could crush the park, riding a ton of rides in a day, and end with a bunch of fast passes on the rides with huge waits!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
__________________
"Please stand clear of the doors...
Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"


"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."


skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #45
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
No that was just pre fp return time enforcement, where you could ride any ride with a fp, up until the park closed. That, plus rope drop, meant you could crush the park, riding a ton of rides in a day, and end with a bunch of fast passes on the rides with huge waits!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
Now THOSE were the good old days!! That was the greatest. Just like you said we crushed the parks using that strategy.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.