Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #196
Disneyready
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 14

I just registered me and my daughter for Saturdays event. I'm excited but a little nervous. This is my first event. Been listening the podcast for a while but just started posting.
Disneyready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #197
disneygirl910
Earning My Ears
 
disneygirl910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 39

My DH and I hope to make some new friends that "get our Disney obsession". This will be our first meet too. We're really excited.
__________________
disneygirl910 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #198
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible
 
*NikkiBell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,225
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam484 View Post
We will be there Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to our first GKTW event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyready View Post
I just registered me and my daughter for Saturdays event. I'm excited but a little nervous. This is my first event. Been listening the podcast for a while but just started posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl910 View Post
My DH and I hope to make some new friends that "get our Disney obsession". This will be our first meet too. We're really excited.
Woohoo! Please stop me and say hello! I look forward to meeting you all!
__________________
Nikki
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator & Blogger

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter






2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #199
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran
 
1Grumpy9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 846

We are 17 days until the event!!! Getting really excited to see everyone and raise a lot of money!
__________________
"Don't tell people how good you are, tell them how good they make you."
'79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '91, '92, '93, '97, '99, '06, '08
'92 MMD (marched in SpectroMagic), '94 MMD(marched around WS) '11 - first stay on property, FW-'13


We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR
1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #200
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.
 
disneym2m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Chesterfield, Virginia
Posts: 683

OMG!!!!! My doctors cleared me for attending a Dis Meet. I am so excited because one I get to see other Disers and two I will be celebrating my birthday with those Disers on Saturday.

I just have to register before the deadline.

Now where is my new Disney Visa credit card.......
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #201
wdwscout


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneym2m View Post
OMG!!!!! My doctors cleared me for attending a Dis Meet. I am so excited because one I get to see other Disers and two I will be celebrating my birthday with those Disers on Saturday.

I just have to register before the deadline.

Now where is my new Disney Visa credit card.......
Woo Hoo!!
Fantastic news!! It will be wonderful to have you join us all!
__________________
Linda / John (DH) / DS27 / DS24 WDW MK Entertainment Captain

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #202
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible
 
*NikkiBell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,225
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneym2m View Post
OMG!!!!! My doctors cleared me for attending a Dis Meet. I am so excited because one I get to see other Disers and two I will be celebrating my birthday with those Disers on Saturday.

I just have to register before the deadline.

Now where is my new Disney Visa credit card.......
YAY!
__________________
Nikki
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator & Blogger

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter






2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #203
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran
 
1Grumpy9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneym2m View Post
OMG!!!!! My doctors cleared me for attending a Dis Meet. I am so excited because one I get to see other Disers and two I will be celebrating my birthday with those Disers on Saturday.

I just have to register before the deadline.

Now where is my new Disney Visa credit card.......
That is great news!!! Can't wait to see you!!!
__________________
"Don't tell people how good you are, tell them how good they make you."
'79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '91, '92, '93, '97, '99, '06, '08
'92 MMD (marched in SpectroMagic), '94 MMD(marched around WS) '11 - first stay on property, FW-'13


We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR
1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #204
alicemouse
Earning My Ears
 
alicemouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyready View Post
I just registered me and my daughter for Saturdays event. I'm excited but a little nervous. This is my first event. Been listening the podcast for a while but just started posting.
I'm in the same boat, Disneyready! I've been listening for almost a year and I just joined the message boards a few months ago. The first meet I heard about was the one in Nova Scotia and the wheels started turning about how I could manage to GET to Nova Scotia. Then the wonderful people who are organizing this meet brought it to Hershey! I'm almost as excited for this meet as I am for ACTUAL WDW!
alicemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #205
Wimpy
Mouseketeer
 
Wimpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 183

We are only a few weeks away. Just wondering what everyone is looking forward to at the meet and if you have any auction items you have your eye on?
__________________
Jim

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #206
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran
 
parrotheadlois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Beautiful Warren County New Jersey
Posts: 2,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneym2m View Post
OMG!!!!! My doctors cleared me for attending a Dis Meet. I am so excited because one I get to see other Disers and two I will be celebrating my birthday with those Disers on Saturday.

I just have to register before the deadline.

Now where is my new Disney Visa credit card.......

We are SO happy we'll finally get to see you again!!!
__________________
parrotheadlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #207
alicemouse
Earning My Ears
 
alicemouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 62

I haven't been to Hersheypark on a regular operating day since I was in high school, so I looked up a list of attractions since we will be going with our new friends on Sunday. THERE ARE TEACUPS!! New for 2014!! OMG! Who's with me??

Speaking of rides, everything that I love at HP (scrambler, tilt-a-whirl, swings, skyway, flying falcons) is likely to turn my husband green and there is no way that I'm stepping foot on the comet, sidewinder, great bear, or any of the other new contraptions they've built. I'm not sure how many "thrill rides" he'll be up for, but I'm sure he'll max out on spinning rides pretty quickly! Is anyone else a "split family" when it comes to amusement parks? We usually try to hook up with another couple so we don't spend the whole day with one of us standing and waiting for the other.
alicemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:10 AM   #208
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran
 
1Grumpy9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicemouse View Post
I haven't been to Hersheypark on a regular operating day since I was in high school, so I looked up a list of attractions since we will be going with our new friends on Sunday. THERE ARE TEACUPS!! New for 2014!! OMG! Who's with me??

Speaking of rides, everything that I love at HP (scrambler, tilt-a-whirl, swings, skyway, flying falcons) is likely to turn my husband green and there is no way that I'm stepping foot on the comet, sidewinder, great bear, or any of the other new contraptions they've built. I'm not sure how many "thrill rides" he'll be up for, but I'm sure he'll max out on spinning rides pretty quickly! Is anyone else a "split family" when it comes to amusement parks? We usually try to hook up with another couple so we don't spend the whole day with one of us standing and waiting for the other.
Out of all the coasters, the Great Bear is very smooth (or at least it was a couple of years ago). If you want a good wooden coaster, Lightning Racer is very good!! I have a very STRONG dislike for the Wildcat (I call it the rib cracker) and the new coaster, Skyrush...I rode that one once and never again!!!


For anyone not a roller coaster junkie and wants to do something fun on Sunday. Chocolate World has a wonderful trolley ride through town that shows the history with a little bit of role playing by employees on the trolley. They also have a 4D show and a free ride through the chocolate making process.

The trolley prices are: $12.95 for adults (13-61), $12.45 (62+), $10.95 (3-12), Free for 0-2.
__________________
"Don't tell people how good you are, tell them how good they make you."
'79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '91, '92, '93, '97, '99, '06, '08
'92 MMD (marched in SpectroMagic), '94 MMD(marched around WS) '11 - first stay on property, FW-'13


We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR
1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #209
alicemouse
Earning My Ears
 
alicemouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy9 View Post
Out of all the coasters, the Great Bear is very smooth (or at least it was a couple of years ago). If you want a good wooden coaster, Lightning Racer is very good!! I have a very STRONG dislike for the Wildcat (I call it the rib cracker) and the new coaster, Skyrush...I rode that one once and never again!!!


For anyone not a roller coaster junkie and wants to do something fun on Sunday. Chocolate World has a wonderful trolley ride through town that shows the history with a little bit of role playing by employees on the trolley. They also have a 4D show and a free ride through the chocolate making process.

The trolley prices are: $12.95 for adults (13-61), $12.45 (62+), $10.95 (3-12), Free for 0-2.
Oh the Chocolate World ride through (and store!) is a definite. I've never done the trolley before. That sounds neat, too. I imagine that we'll spend most of Sunday at HP. Maybe hit Chocolate World on Saturday evening after dinner.
alicemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #210
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran
 
1Grumpy9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 846

I would like to thank the NJ "Golden Girls" for their donation of two baskets. One is a Taste of NJ basket (tastycakes, NJ wine, NJ beer) and the other is a NJ Garden State basket (gardening items).
__________________
"Don't tell people how good you are, tell them how good they make you."
'79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '91, '92, '93, '97, '99, '06, '08
'92 MMD (marched in SpectroMagic), '94 MMD(marched around WS) '11 - first stay on property, FW-'13


We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR
1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: