Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Running, running as fast as I can, do you think Iíll make it? Ė A Jan 2014 PTR - New!

I used to write PTRs and TRs for every trip I took but, that all stopped last fall. After running the 1st TOT 10 miler, I came home to find that someone I considered a trusted friend was talking about me rather than talking to me about the race we ran. That friendship failed and I abandoned everything DIS and running as it was too painful to relive. I was really disappointed in the TOT 10 miler not in me because I had trained, but because of what I was reading about who I ďwasĒ and being put down for how I trained, being made to feel less of a ďrunnerĒ because to me running at Disney is about the experience & finishing, not about a timeÖit made me rather unmotivated to train. Luckily, I found there are many more meís as a Disney Runner, leading me a great friend who got me excited for training for Princess and we had a great first half marathon experience together. We also traveled to Disneyland during Labor Day to complete our Coast to Coast goal where I not only ran, but completed the Dumbo Double Dare. We still support each other in every race we do, but we havenít been doing the same ones recently. At Disneyland I made another new friend. Weíve kept in contact since the Disneyland Half and even got together for a weekend. Iím looking forward to January and our next run together. Iím only doing the half while sheís going Goofy.

So a little about me; Iím 35, live outside of Boston, and work for a construction company. People at work ask me why I havenít moved to Disney and start a job there yet with all the trips I take. I had an annual pass for one year (last year) and swore to my boyfriend that I wouldnít go on as many trips afterwards. I took 4 trips with that pass, this year I only took 3 trips to Disney World and 1 trip to Disneyland. See way less. I live with my boyfriend who put himself on a Disney ban, no trips for him until 2018 (heís not a commando park goer), and our two cats, Jessie and Elise (they are sisters and tuxedo cats).

In Walt's apartment in Disneyland.

So I know why Iím traveling, but I donít have a flight picked out, ADRs planned, or room completely decided on but that is the joys of a PTR, putting it down on paper and having DIS friends help you make your decision.

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP

Last edited by tankgirl427; 11-02-2013 at 06:15 PM.
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

Princess Half Photo Recap
Decisions, decisions
Travel Decisions Made!
Halloween Decorations
Where to Stay?
Thanksgiving
Life Updates
Disney Plans

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP

Last edited by tankgirl427; 01-02-2014 at 08:21 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Yay...I get to be first! Only fitting since you encourage me, I will encourage you!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Remember me? I wondered whatever happened to you, I am happy you are back. I commend you for running and doing it on your terms.

We are going to Florida in January also, thanks to a wonderful friend I met right here on the DIS.

I can't run, but I will root you on!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Yay...I get to be first! Only fitting since you encourage me, I will encourage you!
Thanks for joining Tammie, I can't wait to hear more about your TOT trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Remember me? I wondered whatever happened to you, I am happy you are back. I commend you for running and doing it on your terms.

We are going to Florida in January also, thanks to a wonderful friend I met right here on the DIS.

I can't run, but I will root you on!

Hi Judy! Of course I remember you! Meeting your family although quickly was a highlight of that trip for me. I'll have to go and read your PTR and see if we'll be there at the same time again. How funny would it be if we randomly bumped into each other again?

Old 10-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Princess Half Quick Recap

While I get a post together about my plans for the Half in January, I thought I'd share some photos from the Princess Half.

The day before:

At the Race Retreat with a Friend:

Starting off with a bang:

Down Main Street:

Random Proposal Guys by the Wedding Chapel:

Finished at the Race Retreat:

Last edited by tankgirl427; 10-25-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Hi Judy! Of course I remember you! Meeting your family although quickly was a highlight of that trip for me. I'll have to go and read your PTR and see if we'll be there at the same time again. How funny would it be if we randomly bumped into each other again?
I thought you would Betsy but I wasn't sure. It has been a while. We loved seeing you at Epcot that day it was such a surprise...my only regret was I didn't get the obligatory pic to prove it happened. Everybody here remembers you as well. It WOULD be funny if we bumped in to each other, although to be honest, we probably will be at the parks only 1 or 2 days, I am not sure just how many of our tickets still have days on them...I would LOVE to go as much as you and have an AP. Good for you!

I love the pics of you in your running tutu and tiara, so cute. That is a LOT of folks running down main street and the proposal guys cracked me up. Who KNEW!?! Your medal is huge and it sounds like you really earned it. Good for you! I am in awe of anyone who can run!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought you would Betsy but I wasn't sure. It has been a while. We loved seeing you at Epcot that day it was such a surprise...my only regret was I didn't get the obligatory pic to prove it happened. Everybody here remembers you as well. It WOULD be funny if we bumped in to each other, although to be honest, we probably will be at the parks only 1 or 2 days, I am not sure just how many of our tickets still have days on them...I would LOVE to go as much as you and have an AP. Good for you!

I love the pics of you in your running tutu and tiara, so cute. That is a LOT of folks running down main street and the proposal guys cracked me up. Who KNEW!?! Your medal is huge and it sounds like you really earned it. Good for you! I am in awe of anyone who can run!
Well I'm not sure what days I'll be there or what I'm doing any of my days so its possible we could meet again, I'll have to keep my eyes on your PTR. It was a cool medal but wait until you see what I got in Disneyland! It makes the Princess medal look small; but not insignificant. Its sort of nice sharing this past year in photo recaps with you. As I'm pretty sure its just you and Tammie that are participating here.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Decisions, decisions

This trip started to come together at the Boston Marathon Expo in April I signed up for the Disneyworld Half Marathon, thatís on Saturday, so Iíll have to be down in Florida at the latest by Friday to pick up my bib and get ready. I havenít figured out when to fly in or out, but Iím looking at several airports and airlines that fly non-stop to figure out exactly what I want to do. The friend I made at Disneyland is down from the 9th to the 15th and Iíd like our days to match up as much as possible. There are two offers that go into next year that Iím considering booking, there is a room only discount, which isnítí a big deal since I have tickets already, and the Play, Stay, and Dine offer.

As far as ADRs, Iím coming in late in the game, but there is only one meal I know I have to have. This meal became a favorite during last fallís trip; it was the last meal of the trip that my cousin and I took. It was a memorable meal and after that Iíve been back to celebrate PHM and my birthday. I make sure to ask for a particular waiter every time and weíve become friends over time. It doesnít hurt that the food is fabulous. Where is this marvelous place? None other than the Yachtsman Steakhouse!

In considering resorts, Pop has been my go to for trips, as its value minded. My friend is staying at POFQ, I need to check if there are rooms available with either deal there. If not maybe Iíll also look into POR as itís just a short walk between the two and it would be nice to spend more time with her, as she lives in another state.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
blessedmom4

Betsy, we will just wait and see how our paths might cross, we don't even have our place to stay yet.

Well, if it is just going to be you Tammie and I, I better say Hi to Tammie! It is early in the PTR phase, you might surprise yourself and have some more folks pop in and say hello.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse sounds like a YUMMY place to dine, that is something to look forward to. I will NOT tell Lisa, she LOVES meat and steak is her favorite, She will be asking me if she could go.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
MrsZ
October Disney Bride

I'm here I'm here!!!

I'm so sorry that happened to you after the TOT10M! It's no fun when the DIS becomes a not so nice place. I've seen it happen alot on the wedding boards and I too took time away after I saw some mean things going on. But I'm glad you're back! Not everyone is mean like that and I"m super glad you found fellow Disney runners to get friendly with!

I LOVE YS!!!! DH and I ate there on our last trip and fell in love with it! I think we will be going there again next trip
Engaged on 11/4/2008 on a carriage ride at the Wilderness lodge Married my Best Friend on 10/2/2010 at the Boardwalk Our 1st Disney cruise for our 1st anniversary 10/2011 Fantasy Cruise to see our cruise buddies get hitched! 9/2012 Ran my First RunDisney 5K 11/2012 Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 9/2014
MrsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
momabaarjo

Still around! I am going to get to Yachtsman one day...maybe after phm2015...a celebration meal?!?
Old 10-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
momabaarjo

Any updates on the where yet?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
blessedmom4

I told you more than Tammie and I would show up!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #15
momabaarjo

Quote:

I told you more than Tammie and I would show up!
If anyone knows what a kind and FORGiVING person you are it's me! All you had to do was talk to you and not about you!

I did not deserve your kindness...or you always checking in on my training and supporting me like you did the entire time not just the last couple of months ...I was awful behind your back...sucked into that cauldron...errr kettle!

You helped me pick up the pieces in August! I am so glad my staying connected with you reminded me there are 2 sides to each story with the truth having to be sorted out...

Most of all...I am glad you were a true friend when I wasnt being one! We have both learned not to let happiness be taken away by others...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: