Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #91
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Sounds like a really nice morning at Epcot minus the rain. I'm so jealous that you got to meet Pluto twice! I really need to get a photo with him at his new Epcot spot because I love the mural in the background.

All your talk about the Food & Wine festival is making my mouth water! I want a plate of the Beef Short Ribs from France right now!

I've done the Visa meet twice now, first time we just got Mickey and this last trip it was Goofy and Mickey.
Pluto's new spot is really nice! We were lucky to get to meet him twice! It's funny how you really never know who you will get at the Visa meet. The first time I did it I got Minnie & Goofy.

Talking/Reading about the F&W festival makes my mouth water too! I can only dream of the day I get to go back, and I'm sure you do the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
looks like the Halloween party was a lot of fun! my DD loved the pictures of all the villians--especially maleficent! I don't know why she likes her so much, but she does.

you did a lot so far at epcot! can't wait to read more!
Your daughter is a girl after my own heart, I love Maleficent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Sounds like an awesome morning! Minus getting rained on : (

I love Soarin too, its just perfect!

I love that your parents love to meet characters! Mine humor me but that's about it

That duffy is so cute! I might end up taking Santa Duffy home next month...

I love the Seas too. Its especially awesome when the dolphins are feeling playful!
My mom definitely loves the characters almost as much as me! My dad likes some of them, but others he definitely just does for us

My one regret is not getting a Duffy! They had the cutest pumpkin one that I really wish I got! So I say you should definitely bring home Santa Duffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Aw that sucks about the rain! I know exactly what you mean about the rain causing you to walk funning in your flip flops and that causing you pain in the future! That has happened to me many times before. I hope it didn't affect the rest of your trip too much. I'm loving your meet and greet photos!
I definitely regretted even bothering with flip flops, I definitely have learned my lesson for next time. And thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Ahh Soarin'. My father STILL talks about this and he's only ridden it once... 4 years ago.

I absolutely LOVE that your folks wanted to meet Chip and Dale and sent YOU to get FP's. Usually it's the other way around. So cool!

Yes I totally sympathize with your flip flop dilemma. Not easy to walk in when it's raining.

I often wonder how many people have ridden Soarin' without even knowing about the smells. Back in the day it was guaranteed, but now it's pretty hit and miss.
Soarin' definitely leaves an impact! I didn't realize the smells were so hit or miss...it's such an important part of the ride in my opinion!

HAHA yes the roles were definitely reversed in that situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
What a great start to your Epcot adventure!

I was a big fan of the slider too and the fritters! I wish now that I had tried the shrimp!

Drat now I am hungry.
Thank you! Yes, F&W talk always leads to hunger

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #92
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

That sucks about the rain! I don't mind a little rain in Disney World, but downpours can certainly put a damper on the day, no pun intended. I hope you were able to go back another time and see Duffy!

Epcot can be good and bad in the rain. It is such a long walk in the rain to get from building to building, but at least once you are inside of one, there are usually a few things you can do inside to kill some time and wait out the rain.

Cute pics from your Visa meet! That was another thing we didn't have time for this year. For some reason we always have Goofy! Minnie & Pluto is a good combo.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #93
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
That sucks about the rain! I don't mind a little rain in Disney World, but downpours can certainly put a damper on the day, no pun intended. I hope you were able to go back another time and see Duffy!

Epcot can be good and bad in the rain. It is such a long walk in the rain to get from building to building, but at least once you are inside of one, there are usually a few things you can do inside to kill some time and wait out the rain.

Cute pics from your Visa meet! That was another thing we didn't have time for this year. For some reason we always have Goofy! Minnie & Pluto is a good combo.
I agree with you about Epcot!

Thank you! HAHA I got Goofy last time! I was pleased meeting Minnie & Pluto

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #94
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Epcot Continued

For some reason my notes are not very good from this point on, so I'm trying to piece everything together. I will blame it on the pain my feet were in haha. I THINK we rode Spaceship Earth now, since there was no line this time. We still had some time before out Test Track FP so Dad suggested we do the Orange Side of Mission Space. Another not so good idea of the day. Both Mom & Dad did not feel so well afterwards (more so Mom :-/). I felt fine, but like I said, I can do without going on this ride. We then used our Test Track FPs!

wdw201328011307749_6858940271 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were pretty much done with what we wanted to do in Future World and food was definitely a necessity so we decided to head back to WS. This time we went to the left. We all decided to try different things. Mom got the Scallops from Brazil, I got the Garlic Shrimp from Australia, and Dad got the Lamb Chop from Australia. We all enjoyed what we got and it was definitely good to get some food in our tummies! I was still hungry so Mom & I also split a Beef Empanada from Argentina which I thought was super yummy!

We decided to try our luck again with Duffy so Dad & I got in line. Mom sat this one out as she still wasn't fully recovered from Mission Space. We didn't wait too long and we finally met Duffy! He was so sweet and cuddly

417 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011325277_6858477702 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011325276_6858477701 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After saying goodbye to Duffy we were finally ready to tour World Showcase! We started from Canada and the goal was to walk all the way around and try anything that interested us along the way! It didn't take too long to make our first stop as I was DYING to try the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Candada.

578 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

This did NOT dissapoint! It had a little kick to it which was nice, and I only wished it was a little bigger! At the same time, Mom decided to try the Warm Chocolate Custard from Ireland. I took a bite and it wasn't bad!

We continued our walk over to the UK...and the skies opened up again We ran over to the Toy Solider shop and took cover there. The rain was coming down pretty hard and we actually wasted a lot of time in there waiting for it to stop. Alice was actually meeting inside the shop and since there was really no one waiting I decided to pass the time and meet her!

437 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Now one of my goals was also to meet Mary Poppins. They said if the rain kept up she'd also be meeting in here. It was almost time for her set, so we, as well as a few others, formed a line to wait for her. Well the time came and she didn't appear. The rain also seemed to have let up. Finally after a few minutes someone told us "Oh Mary is meeting outside now". So we all bolted outside, where lo and be hold, there was Mary! Luckily there weren't that many people in line, but it was still frustrating that noone told us, especially after they saw us forming the line for her. But nonetheless, we met Mary and she was wonderful! She noticed my birthday pin and asked if I was going to be eating any sweets and I replied "Well maybe a little rum punch". She liked that and called me precocious

450 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We continued on through WS, hoping rain wouldn't stop us again. We reached France where I just had to get a Grand Marnier Slush

wdw201328011344443_6858477717 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

596 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We kept walking and found an available table near the Belgium stand, which was perfect because we also wanted to try a waffle! Mom & I sat while Dad got on line. As we were sitting there, I see Dad flagging me down. I run over and ask him, what's the matter?! Turns out, he didn't know if he should get the chocolate waffle or the fruit waffle We decided it might be best to just get both Turned out to be a good choice! I preferred the chocolate over the fruit, but both were tasty!

We rested for a few minutes and this is where we decided we probably wouldn't stay for Illuminations. We were all tired and my feet were not holding up well. I think mom was a little dissapointed but I told her it would be best if we went back and used the time to rest, as we had several late nights coming up that we definitely wouldn't be backing out of. In the end, she agreed we made the right decision this night.

However, we still had the rest of WS to walk through! We got to Morocco and walked around a little. I noticed Jasmine & Aladdin were greeting in there little area. I wasn't going to stop, but the line was not very long and Mom & Dad didn't seem to mind, so we went in!

wdw201328011360051_6855786640 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We kept walking and made it through the halfway point of WS. The Eat to the Beat concert was going on (Sugar Ray) so we were able to hear that while I stopped to get us some Lobster Rolls. I love Lobster Rolls and this one definitely hit the spot! It's a little small, but it's packed with nothing but Lobster meat so it was totally worth it. If they weren't so pricy I definitely would have had another! I also wish I tried the Lobster Tail but oh well!

We continued our walk and night started to fall. Unfortunately we ended up rushing through the last few pavillions. Snow White was out in Germany but her line was unfortunately already closed. I also wanted to try the Apple Strudel but the line was longer than I wanted to wait in so we skipped it. We did stop for some pictures along the way, but decided to skip riding Maelstrom and the Grand Fiesta Tour.

667 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

491 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011364901_6858477697 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011366424_6858477713 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After finishing WS, we walked back to Future World and made a stop back at the Festival Center. Dad had seen a shirt he liked earlier. Unfortunately they didn't even have his size We stopped at the Photo Center to pick up our free Visa 5x7 (which took forever it seemed) before heading out of the park!

wdw201328111371660_6858477710 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328111376793_6858477704 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

It was a successful day though I wish we had another day to spend in Epcot. The rain definitely wasted more of our time than we realized. But on the bright side, we tried most of the foods we wanted to and none of it disappointed us! I also enjoyed getting the passport stamped at all the places we stopped. I will say that Mom & Dad fell in love with F&W and this definitely started the talks of a "next time" trip

List of Firsts for the day:
-Rode Mission Space (Orange Side)
-Met Duffy
-Met Mary Poppins
-Attended Food & Wine

Up Next: The Dark Side! (Universal/IoA)

Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #95
JessM
We all have a dream

Ahh your poor Mom on MS. We don't do the Orange side anymore, I can handle it but rarely can anyone else. My Mom freaked out over the green side, she'll never be going near that ride again.

Duffy is so cute in his pumpkin costume! I can't wait to see him in his Christmas gear.

I have never tried that cheadder cheese soup either but I'm dying too. Hopefully someday I'll make it to F&W and try it then!

Haha funny story about the waffles, but I agree two is better than one! They both sound delicious but I think I'd like the fruit better too!

I love all the pictures you guys stopped for on your way out!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #96
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

With my motion sickness issues, Mission Space Orange is a definite no do for me. I have ridden the green side but it's kind of boring. The only reason I ever ride it now is because I love Gary Sinise!

I so wanted to try that Lamb Chop in Australia but since we started on the Canada side, I ended up not getting one. The Beef Empanada though was my husbands favorite dish.

I totally understand skipping some of the stuff in the last couple of countries. I always end up neglecting Mexico and Canada depending on which side I start. It just takes a long time to get around all those countries!

I wish Alice was meeting in that store the one night we were there because it rained for a bit. We did end up meeting Pooh and Rabbit in Christopher Robbins room though.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #97
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #98
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

darn rain....but it sounds like a good end of the day still. I might have to check out mission space after all. last time we rode it was several years ago, before the green and orange sides. it never bothered me. is it a lot different now?

i'd like to come to F&W when our kids our bigger. I think my DH would really love it. sounds like you found lots of yummy snacks!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #99
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Bahaha, great TT photo for buddy in front of you.

Awww, Duffy is adorable in his Halloween outfit. I haven't met up with him for a few years, so maybe I will in his Xmas outfit.

Oy, stupid Epcot and rain.

Mmmmmmmm GM Slushie. Goooooood.

Awwwwwwwwwww, how cute is that photo of you all in China. You're the centre of attention for sure.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #100
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm glad the rain let up some time so you could walk around WS and sample from F&W. And that you got to meet Duffy! I think he is just so cute in his pumpkin outfit.

The pic with your parents in China is just adorable.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #101
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

The Orange side is now permanently nixed from my future trips. I have experienced it, it was cool, but honestly not worth the risk of the "ick" later.

Love your interaction with Mary Poppins!

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #102
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Ahh your poor Mom on MS. We don't do the Orange side anymore, I can handle it but rarely can anyone else. My Mom freaked out over the green side, she'll never be going near that ride again.

Duffy is so cute in his pumpkin costume! I can't wait to see him in his Christmas gear.

I have never tried that cheadder cheese soup either but I'm dying too. Hopefully someday I'll make it to F&W and try it then!

Haha funny story about the waffles, but I agree two is better than one! They both sound delicious but I think I'd like the fruit better too!

I love all the pictures you guys stopped for on your way out!
I really had no idea what to expect on the Orange side. I'm glad I at least tried it but doubt I would do it again!

Duffy is the cutest, the pics of him in his Christmas gear are so adorable!

And thank you, we definitely made use of our PP+!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
With my motion sickness issues, Mission Space Orange is a definite no do for me. I have ridden the green side but it's kind of boring. The only reason I ever ride it now is because I love Gary Sinise!

I so wanted to try that Lamb Chop in Australia but since we started on the Canada side, I ended up not getting one. The Beef Empanada though was my husbands favorite dish.

I totally understand skipping some of the stuff in the last couple of countries. I always end up neglecting Mexico and Canada depending on which side I start. It just takes a long time to get around all those countries!

I wish Alice was meeting in that store the one night we were there because it rained for a bit. We did end up meeting Pooh and Rabbit in Christopher Robbins room though.
Haha I do love Gary Sinise too!

It does take a long time to get through the countries! Even if you take your time and go slow, it's still tiring.

Ah at least you got to meet Pooh and RABBIT! Would've loved to meet him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
darn rain....but it sounds like a good end of the day still. I might have to check out mission space after all. last time we rode it was several years ago, before the green and orange sides. it never bothered me. is it a lot different now?

i'd like to come to F&W when our kids our bigger. I think my DH would really love it. sounds like you found lots of yummy snacks!
The only two times I've gone on it and have been this year, so I can't really tell you if it's different, I'm sorry

F&W is so awesome, I definitely recommend doing it one year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Bahaha, great TT photo for buddy in front of you.

Awww, Duffy is adorable in his Halloween outfit. I haven't met up with him for a few years, so maybe I will in his Xmas outfit.

Oy, stupid Epcot and rain.

Mmmmmmmm GM Slushie. Goooooood.

Awwwwwwwwwww, how cute is that photo of you all in China. You're the centre of attention for sure.
LOL he certainly was ready for the photo!

I definitely think you should meet Duffy in his Christmas outfit!

I like Grand Marnier, I like slushies, therefore I looooove the GM slushie

HAHA yes that photo definitely captures us as a family pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm glad the rain let up some time so you could walk around WS and sample from F&W. And that you got to meet Duffy! I think he is just so cute in his pumpkin outfit.

The pic with your parents in China is just adorable.
Yes thank goodness the day wasn't a completely washout! Duffy is the cutest! And thank you, It was the photographer's idea and I'm glad he suggested it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
The Orange side is now permanently nixed from my future trips. I have experienced it, it was cool, but honestly not worth the risk of the "ick" later.

Love your interaction with Mary Poppins!
I totally agree! And thank you!

Old 12-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #103
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - Universal Studios/IoA

Hope all my American readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Day 4 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

As with the mornings prior, we woke up early and caught a cab by around 8am. We arrived at the park by 8:30. We would be heading into Universal Studios first and hitting up Islands of Adventure in the afternoon.

510 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I'm pretty sure they opened the park around 8:45 and we headed straight to Despicable Me! Despite being there early and getting in line right away, it was still about a 15 minutes wait. This ride is SUCH a slow loader (but totally worth the wait in my opinion!).

515 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I love Despicable Me and I love this ride Mom (also a huge DM fan) and Dad both enjoyed as well! From there we headed to the Transformers ride. This was a new ride even for myself, so I was pretty excited! We got there to find no wait at all! We hopped right on and WOW was I impressed with this ride! I didn't take any pictures in this area I meant to go back later on but it never end, oh well there's always next time right?

From there it time to head to SPRINGIELD! This was the part of the Dad was most excited about, and how cruel of me to drag him to 2 other rides before he could actually get there I was excited too to see all the new things that were added since my January trip. I have to say, it looks AWESOME!

529 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

520 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

851 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We looked around a little and then went on the ride, which only had about a 5 minute wait.

Once we got off, it was time to leave Springfield (but only for a little while, we would be back soon!) and head over to where the Despicable Me characters would be coming out. This changed SO much since my last trip! In January it was like a mini-parade with floats and music. This time, the characters basically just walked out to greet and take pictures. I wanted to make sure Mom got pictures with everyone and she did with the exception of Edith who was not out for some reason.

802 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

803 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

805 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We also ran into these two!

797 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After this we rode The Mummy and Men In Black before heading back to Springfield for some lunch! We all got Krusty Burgers and ate in Moe's Tavern I gotta say, it felt pretty cool!

522 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

530 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After eating we rode the new Kang & Kodos Twirl ride with no wait.

545 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We then saw the whole Simpsons family out meeting! The line was already cut, but they gave us the time of their next set and also let us know that Krusty & Sideshow Bob would be out meeting soon, so we waited around and met them!

848 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We then headed over to ET, which had about a 10-15 minute wait. I enjoy that ride for nostalgia purposes Once we got off we headed back over to the Despicable Me ride area to check out the gift shop where I wish I could have brought home ALL of these....

868 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

...And to meet a minion, since they aren't out during the first hour that the park is open.

863 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Then it was back to Springfield to wait for the Simpson family's next set.

549 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

They were super fun and this made for a great picture!

Old 12-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #104
JessM
We all have a dream

Fun update from Universal!

I think our plan for Friday is the same as yours! I was thinking Universal first, IOA second, it looks like I have the right idea.

I'm so excited for Despicable Me and Transformers!

I love all the character photos, they are all super fun!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your Universal day!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #105
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Ahh I loved the DM ride!! So much better than the Jimmy Neutron ride that came before it. So much fun and how does anyone not adore the minions.

Now Transformers I am really looking forward to. Not that I'm a big Transformers fan, but this ride sounds so good.

And Springfield!! My God this is insane all the new stuff in only a year.

I can't get over all the characters out greeting now. Once upon a time there was only a handful, now it seems loaded. So much to look forward to.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: