Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #46
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Dream Along With Mickey is such a great show. I think I love it more each time I see it. And that is absolutely cute that your Dad LOVES it. That's just awesome!

Also, your pictures are beautiful!!!! Do you have a DSLR or just a point and shoot? The quality is fantastic!

Oh God I need to see BOG. Someday hopefully.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #47
JessM
We all have a dream

I love the Dream Along with Mickey pics! Everyone seems to love that show, I can't believe I haven't seen it yet! Next trip its happening!

I love BOG. My Mom informed me she can't wait to go there again this next trip so I'll have to fit that in somewhere!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #48
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Next I REALLY have to have lunch at BOG>!
Great pics!

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #49
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
nice updates! I think what (at least in part) makes the opening show emotional is seeing so many characters together - it's like character/Disney thoughts & feelings overload. Kinda the same thing as the showboat part near the end of Fantasmic!

I agree - it was sooooo hot the week you (and I) were there. This was the first trip we saw the Dream Along with Mickey Show and we soooo loved it (ok, last "sooooo" I use, promise) - we also thought it seemed like it was always on as well - that that there is anything wrong with that
That's such a good point! Both of those things are totally feelings overload! Haha I can appreciate the use of "soooo", it's necessary sometimes! I'm glad you loved it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
I love all the dream along with Mickey pictures! We've never seen the whole thing, just whatever we've seen while we pass by. I don't know why we've never stopped but it's so on the list this time!

I can't wait for our BOG dinner! I didn't know you could get a grey stuff cupcake! The grey stuff might be the thing I'm most excited about trying!
Thanks! You definitely should try to stop and watch it!

BOG is wonderful! I only saw the cupcake at lunch, but dinner had a special grey stuff dessert that was also SUPER yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Dream Along With Mickey is such a great show. I think I love it more each time I see it. And that is absolutely cute that your Dad LOVES it. That's just awesome!

Also, your pictures are beautiful!!!! Do you have a DSLR or just a point and shoot? The quality is fantastic!

Oh God I need to see BOG. Someday hopefully.
Thank you! It's just a point and shoot, but it does take pretty great pictures!

I really hope you get to go to BOG one day, you would truly enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
I love the Dream Along with Mickey pics! Everyone seems to love that show, I can't believe I haven't seen it yet! Next trip its happening!

I love BOG. My Mom informed me she can't wait to go there again this next trip so I'll have to fit that in somewhere!
Yes you must watch it!! I hope you are able to squeeze BOG into your schedule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
Next I REALLY have to have lunch at BOG>!
Great pics!
Thank you! Yes, I can't say enough good things about BOG!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #50
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I'm finally here! I never did make it over to your PTR but I'm here now for the TR!

The pictures of POP made me homesick!! I love that resort but I haven't stayed there since 2010. I actually had it booked for this last trip but when free dining came out I moved us to CSR. The moderate resort was more DHs style although I love the in your face quality of the values.

I love shopping at DTD! Mom and I had a bad exprerience at Raglin Road last November but everyone always raves about it so I need to try it again someday.

Ah, MK, my home away from home! I totally understand getting emotional at the Welcome Show.

I wanted to try that Grey Stuff Cupcake but they didn't have it when we had dinner. Not sure why? Of course I love the Chocolate on so I wasn't all that disappointed!
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #51
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I'm finally here! I never did make it over to your PTR but I'm here now for the TR!

The pictures of POP made me homesick!! I love that resort but I haven't stayed there since 2010. I actually had it booked for this last trip but when free dining came out I moved us to CSR. The moderate resort was more DHs style although I love the in your face quality of the values.

I love shopping at DTD! Mom and I had a bad exprerience at Raglin Road last November but everyone always raves about it so I need to try it again someday.

Ah, MK, my home away from home! I totally understand getting emotional at the Welcome Show.

I wanted to try that Grey Stuff Cupcake but they didn't have it when we had dinner. Not sure why? Of course I love the Chocolate on so I wasn't all that disappointed!
Thank you for joining in!!

I love POP and how fun it is there! I agree that the in your face quality is charming (but I guess not for everyone)! I definitely would like to branch out and try some different resorts though, hopefully in the future!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Raglan Road, it always stinks when that happens

I only saw the Grey Stuff cupcake at lunch, I'm not sure why they don't serve it at dinner

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Old 11-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #52
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm here & all caught up! Great start. I love your DAWM shots, one of my favorite shows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
I only saw the Grey Stuff cupcake at lunch, I'm not sure why they don't serve it at dinner
Okay, so I'm not crazy! Everyone keeps talking about this Grey Stuff cupcake but when we went to dinner they just had the Grey Stuff on this tiny brownie bite. That seems kind of strange not to serve it at dinner??
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #53
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm here & all caught up! Great start. I love your DAWM shots, one of my favorite shows!

Okay, so I'm not crazy! Everyone keeps talking about this Grey Stuff cupcake but when we went to dinner they just had the Grey Stuff on this tiny brownie bite. That seems kind of strange not to serve it at dinner??
Welcome! And thank you!

No you are definitely not crazy! It's VERY strange that they don't offer it at both lunch and dinner!

Old 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #54
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom Continued Some More

*My PP+ CD has arrived! So no more missing photos from this point on!*

After lunch we headed over to Storybook Circus! We grabbed FP for Dumbo and Barnstormer and then headed to Pete's Silly Sideshow! There was a 5 minute wait on the Goofy/Donald side so we did that first. Goofy was so cute. He dropped my pen which made him VERY embarassed! Then we met Donald! This greet was a little uneventful, this particular Donald wasn't very interactive.

wdw201327911023595_6858930713 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201327911024352_6858477516 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

The line for Minnie/Daisy was significantly longer (about 20 minutes) but since we had to wait for our FPs and wanted to meet them, we decided to wait. They were both very cute- I love those two!!

212 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201327911031974_6858477571 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201327911031971_6858477545 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201327911032901_6858477580 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201327911032879_6858931473 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Once we got out, both our FPs were ready so we decided to do Dumbo first. Mom & Dad sat together and I got a whole elephant to myself I don't care how old I get I don't think I'll ever be too old for that ride!

182 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Then we headed over to Barnstormer. I never rode this before but Mom wanted to try it so why not? Well it's true, it definitely is the shortest ride in the world! haha I see how it's cute for kids, but I don't think I'd need to ride it again. Dad did not care for it and said it hurt his back. MOM on the other hand thought it was the greatest thing ever!

230 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We said goodbye to Storybook Circus and headed over to Frontierland! But first we decided to stop for some PP pics and we stopped at an AWESOME time! The PP photgrapher told us to hurry up and we didn't understand why until this happened!

wdw201327911049295_6858477525 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201327911049294_6858477524 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

He was able to get the fireworks from Dream Along With Mickey! It was a total pixie dust moment

We decided to walk through Adventureland to get to Frontierland. Here I did the ever so shameful double dipping..please don't throw rocks at me! We grabbed FP for both Splash Mountain & BTMRR and headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean. We waited about 20 minutes before setting off on our Pirate adventure! A Mom & Dad favorite, they both enjoyed this ride! Our BTMRR FP was then up so we rode that- another favorite for all of us! We still had some time before our Splash FP, so we decided to ride Haunted Mansion. The sign said 15 minutes, but it took WAY longer than that. The line moved sooo slow and I was starting to get worried that we were running short on time. We finally made it on and once we got off we rushed over to Splash Mountain to use our FP. Splash was closed on my January trip so I was SO excited to ride! It did not dissapoint and we didn't even get too wet!

247 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201327911094961_6858933261 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Old 11-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #55
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I love that new meet and greet in Storybook Circus! It's nice that it's inside and you can get out of the heat for a bit. I do wish they had Donald somewhere in his regular cloths though.

I agree that you are never too old for Dumbo. It was my favorite ride as a child so I was really excited when they added a second spinner and the line is now much shorter.

I also agree with you on Barnstormer. Not much to that ride. I rode it in March just to see what it was all about and probably won't do it again unless it has no line.

Love the photopass pictures with the fireworks! I've seen that several times recently in people's TRs. Gonna have to try and get that shot on a future trip.

No yelling from me on double dipping. Jim and I ended up doing that too when we were at MK. 3 FP+ is not nearly enough for MK.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #56
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

You did a lot! Sounds like a lot if fun! We'll be riding dumbo forever too! I can't wait to meet all the characters in storybook circus; they look so cute! And our oldest is all jazzed to try barnstormer too!

Splash is closed when we'll be there in january so I'm just going to enjoy your picture! i haven't told our oldest yet. She felt so brave riding it last time, I know she'll be bummed. (Me too, lets just be honest!)
STLMickeyMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #57
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

You had the exact same experience at Pete's as I did. Awesome Goofy and a bit lacklustre Donald. And yes, the girls line ALWAYS seems to be longer.

Haha, I always referred to Big Thunder as a "kiddie coaster"... until I rode Barnstormer. Still cute though.

I really want to time a castle photo with the fireworks going off. Nice pixie dust moment.

I think until Disney has a firm policy, there's not much one can say about double dipping.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a Splash boat with such a calm crew all around.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #58
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

It would appear that in my Disboards failure, I've missed your entire trip report since the beginning. I have some reading to do!

Yay for no wait at Raglan Road! Glad it was good!

I said the SAME thing about buses during our trip! They all seemed to show up for every other park except the one we were going to!

I love that you and your mom match and your dad is in Giants wear. That's totally my family- my dad's forever in sports attire.

Getting emotional at the RD show is totally understandable.

I love the picture of you and Ariel. You look adorable!

So many characters that morning! Yay!

Aw how cute is it that your dad loved DAWM.

Yay BOG! I'm sad that they didn't have the grey stuff cupcakes when we were there! I guess we just missed them.

The PP pictures with the fireworks are perfect! So awesome!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #59
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I love that new meet and greet in Storybook Circus! It's nice that it's inside and you can get out of the heat for a bit. I do wish they had Donald somewhere in his regular cloths though.

I agree that you are never too old for Dumbo. It was my favorite ride as a child so I was really excited when they added a second spinner and the line is now much shorter.

I also agree with you on Barnstormer. Not much to that ride. I rode it in March just to see what it was all about and probably won't do it again unless it has no line.

Love the photopass pictures with the fireworks! I've seen that several times recently in people's TRs. Gonna have to try and get that shot on a future trip.

No yelling from me on double dipping. Jim and I ended up doing that too when we were at MK. 3 FP+ is not nearly enough for MK.
I agree, I wish Donald was in his regular clothes somewhere too! Those PP pictures were very special, I hope you get them in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
You did a lot! Sounds like a lot if fun! We'll be riding dumbo forever too! I can't wait to meet all the characters in storybook circus; they look so cute! And our oldest is all jazzed to try barnstormer too!

Splash is closed when we'll be there in january so I'm just going to enjoy your picture! i haven't told our oldest yet. She felt so brave riding it last time, I know she'll be bummed. (Me too, lets just be honest!)
Thank you! Those characters are definitely the cutest!

Splash being closed in January is a bummer I hope your daughter takes the news well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
You had the exact same experience at Pete's as I did. Awesome Goofy and a bit lacklustre Donald. And yes, the girls line ALWAYS seems to be longer.

Haha, I always referred to Big Thunder as a "kiddie coaster"... until I rode Barnstormer. Still cute though.

I really want to time a castle photo with the fireworks going off. Nice pixie dust moment.

I think until Disney has a firm policy, there's not much one can say about double dipping.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a Splash boat with such a calm crew all around.
How funny that you had a similar experience. Donald must not like it there haha

I hope you do get a castle photo with the fireworks, it's a great shot!

HAHA looking back at it, you're right, it is a pretty calm log!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
It would appear that in my Disboards failure, I've missed your entire trip report since the beginning. I have some reading to do!

Yay for no wait at Raglan Road! Glad it was good!

I said the SAME thing about buses during our trip! They all seemed to show up for every other park except the one we were going to!

I love that you and your mom match and your dad is in Giants wear. That's totally my family- my dad's forever in sports attire.

Getting emotional at the RD show is totally understandable.

I love the picture of you and Ariel. You look adorable!

So many characters that morning! Yay!

Aw how cute is it that your dad loved DAWM.

Yay BOG! I'm sad that they didn't have the grey stuff cupcakes when we were there! I guess we just missed them.

The PP pictures with the fireworks are perfect! So awesome!
That's ok! I know that life gets in the way sometimes Thanks for catching up!!

I guess we had some bad luck at POP when it came to our buses!

LOL my dad did end up matching with us on one of the days AND he even bought a shirt while we were there..I think we converted him

Ah I'm sorry you didn't get to try the Grey Stuff cupcake...something to put on the do to list for next trip!!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #60
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

what a great Pixie Dust moment in your castle picture!

So clearly the Barnstormer was aimed at kids - and your mom

I don' think anyone is ever too old to ride Dumbo. I have to say I was a little worried that the new location wouldn't be as magical not being right by the castle, but I loved the new set up - being over the water makes it so much better and love that it has it's own area. Plus, the night rides are so different from the day ones

Love you dads face in your Splash Mountain pic

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: