Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
We always end up in the 80's at POP lol!

I love JetBlue and their free snacks and TV they are the best!
LOL hopefully you will get somewhere different on your upcoming trip! I was soo pleased with JetBlue and plan on flying with them again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytayprincess View Post
I subscribed to your TR since we were there at the same time and also stayed at POP. Very interested to see if you got any of our crew in your pictures. There were 26 of us total!!!
How funny! That's quite a big group! I hope you all had fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Do you fly out of Newark Liberty (I'm assuming only because it says you are in New Jersey)? If so you MUST have been in the "A" terminal, and YES it is pretty tiny and really really boring. Terminal "C" has so much more.

Haha, you are certainly not the first to go to the wrong side at MCO.

YAY POP!!
Yes I do and yes it was Terminal A! You sure know your stuff! I am so used to Terminal C that it was quite a difference! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who makes that mistake

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

We totally went the wrong way at MCO last time too. I get so turned around in there!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #18
princessallison71
Ready for the DCP

Yay, you started the trip report! I can't wait to hear all about it. Pop is a family favorite in our house! I also just customized our magicbands for our upcoming trip, and it's good to hear you didn't have many problems with them. We're going to be there for Food and Wine Festival, so I'm excited to hear about your experience with that too! I can't wait to read more!
princessallison71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

Just lettin ya know I am reading! I love child free TRs! Nothing against kids, I just don't have any so I have a hard time relating and getting into the reports of those who do.

I stayed in the 80s section of Pop on our last trip but the poster in our room was a little different from the one you posted. I am now wondering if they updated it or if there are actually multiple versions of the posters within each decade. I guess I will see what happens on my next Pop stay in March...requested the 80s section.

Because I am a weirdo with an over active imagination, the picture of the in flight music made me chuckle. I had this mental image in my head of some cool collected radio announcers voice advertising Jet Blue's all day, every day music selection of 80s, 90s, and Demons.
jelloarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Joining! Excited to follow along with your first ever trip report - you are off to a great start.

That is so awesome that you are able to share your love and knowledge of Disney aworld with your parents - I think fair to say the a lot has changed there in 20 years

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

A little late but I'm here!

Glad your parents enjoyed and that you love MNSSHP! I really enjoyed seeing your Instagram pictures!

Yay for Jetblue! Out of curiosity, where in NJ do you live?! It's totally closer for us to fly out of Newark and we somehow always end up flying from JFK.

The 80s must have been a fun section to stay in!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
We totally went the wrong way at MCO last time too. I get so turned around in there!
Haha it can be pretty confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallison71 View Post
Yay, you started the trip report! I can't wait to hear all about it. Pop is a family favorite in our house! I also just customized our magicbands for our upcoming trip, and it's good to hear you didn't have many problems with them. We're going to be there for Food and Wine Festival, so I'm excited to hear about your experience with that too! I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining! I hope you have a good experience with your magic bands, and how exciting that you will be attending F&W!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
Just lettin ya know I am reading! I love child free TRs! Nothing against kids, I just don't have any so I have a hard time relating and getting into the reports of those who do.

I stayed in the 80s section of Pop on our last trip but the poster in our room was a little different from the one you posted. I am now wondering if they updated it or if there are actually multiple versions of the posters within each decade. I guess I will see what happens on my next Pop stay in March...requested the 80s section.

Because I am a weirdo with an over active imagination, the picture of the in flight music made me chuckle. I had this mental image in my head of some cool collected radio announcers voice advertising Jet Blue's all day, every day music selection of 80s, 90s, and Demons.
Thanks for joining in! I'm glad this is a TR you can relate to! Interesting, now you have me wondering if the posters vary by room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Joining! Excited to follow along with your first ever trip report - you are off to a great start.

That is so awesome that you are able to share your love and knowledge of Disney aworld with your parents - I think fair to say the a lot has changed there in 20 years
Thank you for the kind words and for joining in! They were amazed (in a good way!) by how different things are now! I see you were in Disney just after us, I will be sure to follow along on your TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
A little late but I'm here!

Glad your parents enjoyed and that you love MNSSHP! I really enjoyed seeing your Instagram pictures!

Yay for Jetblue! Out of curiosity, where in NJ do you live?! It's totally closer for us to fly out of Newark and we somehow always end up flying from JFK.

The 80s must have been a fun section to stay in!
Hi!! I'm glad you enjoyed my IG pics! I live in Weehawken, just outside the Lincoln Tunnel. Maybe one day you will end up flying out of Newark! It can sometimes be hectic, but I guess what airport isn't right? haha I definitely liked the 80s, the Rubiks Cubes looked so cool at night all lit up!

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Old 10-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #23
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Downtown Disney

I don't think we waited too long for a bus and made it to DtD pretty quickly! We got off at the Marketplace and our first stop was the Christmas store! We spent a little time looking around and admiring everything. My dad bought something for a co-worker but other than that we didn't buy anything! Next stop was Pin Traders! I purchased a couple of mystery pins and also traded on the huge pin board they have! We walked around and admired the Lego statues outside the Lego store.

1411 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1417 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We also stopped at Guest Relations so we could redeem our PP+ card, and also exchange our paper park tickets for plastic ones. At this point we were all pretty hungry so we decided it was time to eat. We ended up deciding on Raglan Road! We did not make any reservations because honestly it was a last minute decision where we would be going. When we got to the counter it was about a 45 minute wait. However, outdoor seating was open and available with no wait. It was pretty hot but we decided to go for it since we didn't think we could wait that long. We ended up getting a seat in the shade and it was actually pretty perfect. I ordered a burger, Mom ordered Fish & Chips, and Dad ordered I believe the Banger & Booz. Everything was delicious! I tasted Mom's fish & chips and actually was super dissapointed that I didn't order it for myself. Luckily she is very kind and offered me some of hers in exchange for some of my burger Aren't Moms the best?!

2013-10-05 18.21.51 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

2013-10-05 18.21.59 by missangelalexis, on Flick

2013-10-05 18.21.54 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

With our bellies satisfied we were ready to take on WORLD OF DISNEY!

2013-10-05 19.03.41 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Dad decided to sit this one out while Mom & I went in and admired all the wonderful stuff.

1436 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We bought a few things for ourselves and I also bought some souveniers for friends back home. We were feeling a little tired and since it was Saturday night, DtD was getting pretty packed. We figured we might as well head back to the hotel and relax while we had the opportunity! Before we left we did make a quick stop at Goofy's Candy Co We didn't buy anything but it sure is nice to look around.

1462 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I especially wanted one of these Rice Krispies Treats cakes!

2013-10-05 20.03.42-1 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We waited a little bit for a bus and once we got back to our hotel our luggage was waiting for us! We showered, organized ourselves, and went to bed as we had a BUSY day ahead of us!

Old 10-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #24
princessallison71
Ready for the DCP

Oh my god. I need to get one of the rice crispy cakes! They look delicious!
princessallison71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #25
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Haha, isn't it completely impossible not to take photos of the legos?

I've never been to Raglan Road, but I seriously love that your fries are wrapped in that paper stuff. And I can only imagine how good the fish must be there.

Yup, you need that extra energy from a meal to tackle World of Disney, let alone on a Saturday night. I just want everything in there! Sadly, my bank account does not.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #26
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great afternoon at DTD! I hope those Lego Snow White statues are still there when we go--they are so cute! All the food looks super yummy and how adorable is cinderellas carriage above world of Disney?!?
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #27
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #28
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Hi, count me in! We were there on the same dates!
MAY 1994: CBR AUG 2012: POP OCT 2013: POR JAN 2014: POP OCT 2014: POP

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #29
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun time at DTD. We love Raglan Road - hit it up every trip. Can't not get the bread pudding though.

I agree that everyone is practically required to take pictures of the Lego statues

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #30
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great first day. I haven't been to Raglan in a while - we'll get there one of these trips.
Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: