Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #151
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

I love everything in this update! Your dinners look delicious and those fireworks pictures are so beautiful! Now im even more excited for our BOG reservation!

I love the last castle picture--you all look so happy and the castle is lit up so pretty!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Last edited by STLMickeyMom; 12-23-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Grammar
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #152
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Tiana's dress is my absolute most favorite of all the princess dresses! What a cute meet with her & Naveen.

Lovely parade pictures. That's pretty cool that the characters were able to spot your celebration buttons and wish you Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary! I love when the parade characters are really interactive. Sounds like I'll need to tuck away that parade viewing spot too for upcoming trips. I used to be adamant about watching the parades from Main Street for the atmosphere, but once we started watching from Frontierland, I became a total convert. It's just so much easier to get a spot over there, and without having to do so an hour before parade time!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #153
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

MSEP is one of my favorite things to watch at Disney. I have such fond memories of the parade from childhood. Unfortunately they only show it on a few nights in February and we are not going to be in MK on one of those days.

Wishes looks awesome from back in New Fantasyland! I'm going to have to try watching them back there in the future.

Ahhhhh, BOG. I am so in love with that restaurant. I cannot wait to introduce it to my Mom, brother and SIL in February. I hope they like it as much as I do.

I do have to say though, why oh why did they make the Prince's pants flesh colored in that stained glass? It looks like he has no pants on at all!

Wonderful pictures of the park after hours.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #154
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

AHH, I HAVE to watch the fireworks from back there one day. I just get so fixated on watching from the "sweet spot' on Main Street. But it looks like a great (and uncrowded) spot.

I loved BOG even though I only had lunch in there. Sadly, no Beast for lunch. But it really is beautiful.

Oh my, how pretty to walk through an empty Magic Kingdom. Magical Indeed!!

And since this is your last post before the holidays, A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #155
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!! I'll hopefully be back to updating very soon :goodvibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Haha everyone is reading and updating TRs this morning! Yay for the holidays!

LOVE your BOG post, it looks so amazing for dinner! It was amazing at lunch too, but it seriously looks like a whole different atmosphere at dinner. Awesome. And Wishes over the Beast's castle looks amazing! You got such great photos. I'll have to remember to book a BOG dinner for late on our next trip, I love all the nighttime photos you were able to get with hardly anyone else around. What a great MK day!
Thank you so much! It really is a different atmosphere at dinner, and seeing Wishes was such an added bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
I love everything in this update! Your dinners look delicious and those fireworks pictures are so beautiful! Now im even more excited for our BOG reservation!

I love the last castle picture--you all look so happy and the castle is lit up so pretty!

Have a Merry Christmas!
Thank you so much, we certainly were happy! You will love BOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Tiana's dress is my absolute most favorite of all the princess dresses! What a cute meet with her & Naveen.

Lovely parade pictures. That's pretty cool that the characters were able to spot your celebration buttons and wish you Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary! I love when the parade characters are really interactive. Sounds like I'll need to tuck away that parade viewing spot too for upcoming trips. I used to be adamant about watching the parades from Main Street for the atmosphere, but once we started watching from Frontierland, I became a total convert. It's just so much easier to get a spot over there, and without having to do so an hour before parade time!
Her dress really is gorgeous! It was a great spot; I know it's not the same feeling as when you're on Main Street but it's definitely easier!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
MSEP is one of my favorite things to watch at Disney. I have such fond memories of the parade from childhood. Unfortunately they only show it on a few nights in February and we are not going to be in MK on one of those days.

Wishes looks awesome from back in New Fantasyland! I'm going to have to try watching them back there in the future.

Ahhhhh, BOG. I am so in love with that restaurant. I cannot wait to introduce it to my Mom, brother and SIL in February. I hope they like it as much as I do.

I do have to say though, why oh why did they make the Prince's pants flesh colored in that stained glass? It looks like he has no pants on at all!

Wonderful pictures of the park after hours.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Oh no, that's so disappointing that you won't get to see MSEP on your upcoming trip. You will have to make up for it on the following trip

I had no idea the type of view you get of Wishes from New Fantasyland, totally recommend it. I am sure your family will love BOG! HAHA I never really noticed the pant-less prince but now it's all I can see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
AHH, I HAVE to watch the fireworks from back there one day. I just get so fixated on watching from the "sweet spot' on Main Street. But it looks like a great (and uncrowded) spot.

I loved BOG even though I only had lunch in there. Sadly, no Beast for lunch. But it really is beautiful.

Oh my, how pretty to walk through an empty Magic Kingdom. Magical Indeed!!

And since this is your last post before the holidays, A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!!
Trust me, I wasn't sure how I felt about not being on Main Street to see Wishes, but it really ended up being a great spot!

I wish they did have the Beast out for lunch, it's unfortunate that the only way to meet him now is at dinner.

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #156
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 6 - Resort Exploring

Forgot to add my Firsts of the Day for the day before!
-Meeting Marie
-Meeting Tink & Terrence
-Meeting Tiana & Naveen
-Seeing Wishes over Beast's Castle
-Eating dinner at BOG and meeting the Beast

Day 6 - Morning of rest and resort exploring

This morning we did not have to get up and rush to a park, which was much needed! After waking up we headed to get some breakfast at the Food Court. I was super excited to try a Disney staple- Mickey waffles!! Mom & I both got the kids portion and Dad got the regular POP! waffle! We all thought they were delicious, though were slightly cold.

2013-10-10 09.23.05 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

2013-10-10 09.23.17 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After fueling up, it was time to explore our resort some more! We started in the 80s and worked our way down through the 70s, 60s and 50s.

958 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

962 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

113 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

970 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

121 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

126 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

128 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I love Lady & the Tramp so was excited for these!

991 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

994 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After finishing up in the 50s, we decided to cross the bridge and check out Art of Animation! We first passed through the Nemo section, it was so colorful!

999 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1002 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

144 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1003 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We then headed to the Cars section. I don't think I've ever seen this movie in full (Bad DISER!) but I could still appreciate all the details!

1014 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1013 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1019 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1026 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Old 01-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #157
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

mickey waffles! why does everything mickey shaped taste so much better?

we've never stayed at pop. I like the pictures--especially the playdoh and mr and mrs potatohead. and LOVE the AoA pics! we thought about staying there this time, but went with POR instead. I can't wait to try it out some year!

looks like a nice start to the day!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #158
JessM
We all have a dream

After being disappointed by the french toast the first day of our trip I'll admit I had a POP waffle for breakfast everyday SO good!

Love the POP and AOA pics! We never even walked around our resort this last trip, so sad!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #159
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #160
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I love Mickey Waffles. Not even the taste so much as... it's Mickey!!!!

This trip I did so little home resort exploring it's shameful. I mean, I was just there in April but still.

YAY Lady and Tramp... My Section!!!

AoA is just so pretty, it's hard to resist. I love all these photos so much!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #161
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Great pics! I wish we had made time to check out AOA, but getting there from ASMu via bus and how tired we felt most days kept us from checking that off our list. It looks awesome, I think we'll have to save some extra money and stay there next time!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #162
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
mickey waffles! why does everything mickey shaped taste so much better?

we've never stayed at pop. I like the pictures--especially the playdoh and mr and mrs potatohead. and LOVE the AoA pics! we thought about staying there this time, but went with POR instead. I can't wait to try it out some year!

looks like a nice start to the day!
You are so right!

I definitely love Pop. And AoA is so colorful and fun, and definitely appealing to kids! But I would love to stay at POR one trip too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
After being disappointed by the french toast the first day of our trip I'll admit I had a POP waffle for breakfast everyday SO good!

Love the POP and AOA pics! We never even walked around our resort this last trip, so sad!
Yay for Mickey waffles

I'm glad we had the extra morning to walk around and look at everything, otherwise we definitely wouldn't have been able to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
I love Mickey Waffles. Not even the taste so much as... it's Mickey!!!!

This trip I did so little home resort exploring it's shameful. I mean, I was just there in April but still.

YAY Lady and Tramp... My Section!!!

AoA is just so pretty, it's hard to resist. I love all these photos so much!
Sometimes you just don't have enough time to do it all! I loved the 50s section and would definitely like to stay there! AoA is certainly so pretty and lively

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Great pics! I wish we had made time to check out AOA, but getting there from ASMu via bus and how tired we felt most days kept us from checking that off our list. It looks awesome, I think we'll have to save some extra money and stay there next time!
If AoA wasn't right across the bridge, we definitely wouldn't have been able to check it out. I'd love to spend time checking out all the resorts, but like you said you're just so tired and don't have the time to do it!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #163
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 6 - More resort exploring & heading to MK!

Day 6 - More resort exploring & heading to MK!

The sun was beaming today and Dad was feeling the heat. He decided to rest in the main building while Mom & I headed on to the Lion King & Little Mermaid sections.

1039 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1040 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Mom's a goofball

1043 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1049 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

And last but not least, my favorite section!

1051 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1053 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1055 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1060 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I absolutely loved the Ursula statue...I guess it's pretty obvious that she's one of my favorites

1066 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1070 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We headed back to Dad at the Main Building and decided to grab some lunch at the Food Court. Mom & Dad split a pizza and I got the Buffalo turkey sandwich. This hit the spot for me, it was so tasty! I was told the pizza was good too.

We walked back over the bridge to Pop where I headed back to the room to shower while Mom & Dad stopped at Petals Pool Bar for an afternoon beverage

They came back to the room while I was finishing getting ready, and soon enough it was time to head to MK for our second MNSSHP!!

Mom decided to get in on the ear fun!

161 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

And the color of Dad's shirt, as you may have noticed, was very fitting for the occasion!

163 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We got to MK around 3:40 i think? And they were already letting MNSSHP folks in which was perfect! This party was actually sold out too! We picked up another set of SOTMK cards and took a bunch of pictures in Town Square and on Main Street.

1081 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328312018954_6858477649 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328312051041_6860922903 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328312021314_6860924475 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

The photographer made Dad pretend to have Mickey ears since he was left out

wdw201328312074313_6858477647 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328312021318_6858938447 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Old 01-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #164
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Awww, your dad making the Mickey ears is precious!! I love your Cruella shirt. Very MNSSHP appropriate! I can't wait to see what all you were able to accomplish at your second party!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #165
JessM
We all have a dream

That Cruella shirt is super cute!

Can't wait to hear all about MNSSHP number 2!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: