Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #136
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - More Fun at MK!

Day 5 - More fun at MK!

After Country Bear Jamboree, we headed back to Main Street to meet the Big Cheese!

We stopped for another photo.

wdw201328211723681_6860244927 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

And before heading into TST, we spotted a Practically Perfect friend out, who was all my herself with noone waiting to meet her! We could not say no to that, so we met our friend Mary for the second time this trip!

744 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Then one of my favorite moments of the trip happened. I asked Mary if she would take a picture with me on my phone to which she responded, "Is this what they call a Selfie?" LOL I told her indeed it was! She said she's heard a lot about those lately. She was SO adorable and super pretty as well!

2013-10-09 14.22.29 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Then it was really time to meet Mickey! We headed right in and got lots of love from the Boss.

wdw201328211742278_6858477889 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211742643_6858936534 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

And this is a nice little gem the handler took on my Mom's camera. When my parents jumped in for the photo, my dad wasn't quite ready and Mickey had the cutest reaction!

748 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We did manage to get a nice one too

wdw201328211742641_6858477553 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We said goodbye to Mr. Mouse and headed BACK towards Adventureland. We stopped and grabbed FP for Jungle Cruise before heading to BTMRR to use our FPs! When we got off, the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade was going on. So we stopped at watched the end of it as it passed through Frontierland.

1157 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1163 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We still had some time before our Splash FPs so we decided to check out the Tiki Room. Another attraction that I've been told I've seen but have no recollection of it! I thought it was cute, definitely a good attraction when you're in need of a break! When we got out we headed over to Splash to use our FPs there. Now here comes our favorite ride picture of the trip! During the ride, Dad told me he wanted to put his hands up in the air for the drop, because he's never done that. He kept asking if I was going to do it with him and I said I would see. Well the drop came, and I chickened out half way through (I'm a wimp haha) but Dad did it and the picture came out perfect!! The look on his face melts my heart and definitely epitomizes the fun we had! He was so proud of himself and he is still talking about how this is his favorite picture

wdw201328211779563_6858938297 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We then headed to Jungle Cruise to use our FPs. Our skipper was fun and it was a good ride!

1177 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1180 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1188 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I think it was about 4:45pm now and I wanted to check out the line for Tiana & Naveen's 5pm meet. Turns out the line was already closed! I knew I'd have to come back around 5:30 if I wanted to make it in for the 6pm meet. Since we still had about 45 minutes, we decided to head to Fantasyland to see Philharmagic, since we hadn't done that yet. Another attraction I love! When that was finished, we walked through the castle and the MISICI party was going on! We stopped and watched for a few minutes before heading over to get in line for Tiana/Naveen.

750 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

761 - Copy by missangelalexis, on Flickr

753 - Copy by missangelalexis, on Flickr

There were I think 4-5 groups ahead of us. Time dragegd kind of slowly waiting for this one, but it was totally worth it. Tiana & Naveen were awesome! They were so interactive and really took their time talking to you. Naveen said I looked very familiar but I told him that's impossible because I've never met him before! Tiana asked if I'd ever been to the Bayou before. I said I hadn't, but maybe one day I would so I could go to her restaurant. Mom mentioned to them that they were her favorite couple and they loved that.

763 - Copy by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211824100_6858477562 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211824163_6858477550 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

770 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211824162_6858477564 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #137
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Too funny that Mary knew what a selfie was.

Cute pictures with Mickey. I'm excited to meet him in February now that he talks to you!

Awwww, the Splash Mountain picture is really cute. I loved that you Dad was proud of himself!

It amazes me how quickly they cut off the lines for the face character meet and greets. When we met Aladdin and Jasmine, they cut of the line before the greet even started. I swear they only let about 10 families in too.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #138
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

OMG I love those unexpected random character encounters (especially with no lines). I also just love listening to Mary talk. And BAHAHAHA, "Is this what they call a Selfie?"... I would have died.

With so many characters to meet, there is still something extra special about meeting Mickey. Maybe it's the whole "It was all started by a mouse" thing.

Aww Alexis, I just LOVE that story with your dad on Splash. Just precious.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #139
JessM
We all have a dream

Haha I love that Mary knew what a selfie was! I actually think you too look a lot of like in that selfie picture!

I love the Splash mountain picture, I agree its great! I always chicken out putting my arms up for that one!

I totally meant to meet Tiana and Naveen my last trip and I never got the chance. It WILL happen in Feb
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #140
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

Oh, tiana and naveen! We love them and can't wait to see them!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #141
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Too funny that Mary knew what a selfie was.

Cute pictures with Mickey. I'm excited to meet him in February now that he talks to you!

Awwww, the Splash Mountain picture is really cute. I loved that you Dad was proud of himself!

It amazes me how quickly they cut off the lines for the face character meet and greets. When we met Aladdin and Jasmine, they cut of the line before the greet even started. I swear they only let about 10 families in too.
Mary was so funny! I can't wait to hear how your interaction with Talking Mickey is! It is pretty crazy how the character lines get, but most of the time it is worth the wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OMG I love those unexpected random character encounters (especially with no lines). I also just love listening to Mary talk. And BAHAHAHA, "Is this what they call a Selfie?"... I would have died.

With so many characters to meet, there is still something extra special about meeting Mickey. Maybe it's the whole "It was all started by a mouse" thing.

Aww Alexis, I just LOVE that story with your dad on Splash. Just precious.
I love Mary's accent too! I agree, meeting Mickey is so special and it's a crucial part of going to Disney! Thank you, I'm glad you appreciated the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Haha I love that Mary knew what a selfie was! I actually think you too look a lot of like in that selfie picture!

I love the Splash mountain picture, I agree its great! I always chicken out putting my arms up for that one!

I totally meant to meet Tiana and Naveen my last trip and I never got the chance. It WILL happen in Feb
That's like the sweetest compliment ever

I'm glad I'm not the only chicken!!

They were SO awesome and I totally recommend meeting them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
Oh, tiana and naveen! We love them and can't wait to see them!
You will love them!

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Old 12-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #142
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - MSEP!

Day 5 - MSEP!

After meeting Tiana & Naveen, we decided to head back to Main Street and grab some snacks from the Confectionary!

2013-10-09 18.34.42 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We found a table outside the Plaza and sat there and enjoyed our snacks while MISICI was going on again! It was nice just sitting there and enjoying the atmosphere. When we finished it was around 6:45. I didn't plan on grabbing a spot for MSEP for another half hour or so, but Main Street was already PACKED and no spots were to be had! This made me nervous so I thought we should grab a spot now since it was already filling up. We ended up settling in front of the Riverboat in Liberty Square. This turned out to be a great spot because it was right where the parade makes the turn, so it made for a really nice view! Right around 8pm, when the parade was about to start, we heard the dreaded announcement that the parade was going to be delayed. EEK! We weren't quite sure why as it definitely wasn't due to weather. I started to panic a little but but luckily about 10 minutes later they made another announcement that the parade would be starting in 10 minutes..phew!

Before we knew it, the floats came heading by! I got sprinkled with LOTS of pixie dust during the parade. Alice, Cinderella, AND Prince Charming all noticed my birthday button and wished me happy birthday! And Prince Charming wished my parents a Happy Anniversary as well! I don't know how they spotted those pins in the dark but they did and it felt so awesome!! Now prepare for TONS of pics because I love this parade!

784 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

785 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

786 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

787 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

794 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

793 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

796 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

802 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

803 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

805 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

815 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

826 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

831 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Once the parade was over we headed over to Fantasyland.It was about 8:45 and our BOG reservation wasn't until 9:15. I figured we had time to do a quick ride. I suggested the Carousel but as we passed It's A Small World and saw there was literally no wait, we decided what the heck let's ride it again! I actually enjoy this ride so I did not mind at all

846 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1286 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Old 12-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #143
JessM
We all have a dream

MSEP is definitely the one parade I feel like is worth the wait! I love that parade too and its so long. It makes it feel worth it to stake out a spot for an hour.

We actually watched it from that same location this past trip the second night we saw it and I agree its a great view while they are turning the corner!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #144
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

Love the MSEP pics!! I can't wait until we see this--it'll be the first time we've seen it. We have a BOG res before it so I hope we're able to get a spot as great as yours was!

Your snacks are adorable and look delicious!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #145
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Mmmm those look like good snacks!

That's a GREAT spot for the parade. I love being in a spot where the parade turns.

I also find it amazing how the characters and CM's notice the buttons in the dark. I think they must just tune in on the design somehow.

You got some wonderful photos too!!!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #146
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
MSEP is definitely the one parade I feel like is worth the wait! I love that parade too and its so long. It makes it feel worth it to stake out a spot for an hour.

We actually watched it from that same location this past trip the second night we saw it and I agree its a great view while they are turning the corner!
I completely agree! To me, it's so magical! That's so funny that you watched it in the same spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
Love the MSEP pics!! I can't wait until we see this--it'll be the first time we've seen it. We have a BOG res before it so I hope we're able to get a spot as great as yours was!

Your snacks are adorable and look delicious!
Thank you! I hope you will enjoy it! I'm sure you will find a good spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Mmmm those look like good snacks!

That's a GREAT spot for the parade. I love being in a spot where the parade turns.

I also find it amazing how the characters and CM's notice the buttons in the dark. I think they must just tune in on the design somehow.

You got some wonderful photos too!!!!
I definitely loved the spot, and I'm glad you like the photos! It really is amazing how well trained their eyes are!

Old 12-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #147
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Love your Magic shots, they came out great! That's so cute that your dad was so excited about meeting the Mayor, I'm glad that he was able to do it! I kinda wish we had taken the time to meet Tiana, but it just wasn't happening this trip. Oh well, yet another reason we have to go back! Love the selfie with Mary, and that she knew what it was, haha! MSEP always has a special place in my heart as it's one of the things I remember vividly from childhood trips. Definitely worth the wait to get a good spot. I can't wait to hear about your BOG dinner!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #148
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

This will be my last post before the holidays, so I hope everyone has a VERY Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! ::santa I just want to thank everyone again for following along and reading, I really do appreciate it!!

Day 5 - Wishes & Dinner at Be Our Guest

We got off IASW a few minutes before 9 and headed over to check in at BOG. We got our buzzer and waited on the bridge for it to go off. The clock struck 9 and it was time for Wishes! I was hoping to still get a good view from where we were and boy I got more than I bargained for! I had no idea how wonderful the fireworks looked from back there! Watching them from over Beast's Castle was such a different vantage point and I loved it!

851 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

858 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

862 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

865 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We ended up getting to watch the whole show before our buzzer went off. Once it did, we were led into the Ballroom where we would be dining It's a completely different feeling walking in at lunch vs walking in at dinner. Everything felt so magical! We were seated near the snowing windows.

872 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

891 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

878 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I pretty much knew already what I wanted to order- the Grilled Strip Steak. Mom & Dad both decided to get the Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops. We didn't order any appetizers. We placed our order and enjoyed the yummy dinner rolls while we just enjoyed the atmosphere. I felt so giddy being there, eating in Beast's castle for dinner, when up until 2 weeks before the trip I didn't even think I'd get the chance to dine here! While we waited, the Beast also made his grand appearance!

879 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

887 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

890 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Our meals came and we all agreed that they were VERY delicious!

894 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

895 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We of course all saved room for dessert! I got the Grey Stuff, Mom got the Lemon cupcake, and Dad got the Chocolate Cream Puff.

907 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Our waitress kindly told us that we should head in and meet the Beast now before he leaves, since we were at the last seating of the night and the restaurant was starting to clear out. So we did just that!

wdw201328311868149_6860979911 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We finished up our desserts and headed out of the Castle. This was a perfect experience and one I am SO glad I had the opportunity to have. We slowly walked out of New Fantasyland and through the castle towards Main Street, taking our time admiring how quiet everything was since the park was now closed. We of course stopped to take some pictures along the way!

918 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

919 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

923 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

924 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

933 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328311869161_6858477548 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328311869450_6858477557 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We caught a bus back to Pop and as usual, passed right out! This was such a perfect day at Magic Kingdom

Old 12-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #149
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
All caught up! Love your Magic shots, they came out great! That's so cute that your dad was so excited about meeting the Mayor, I'm glad that he was able to do it! I kinda wish we had taken the time to meet Tiana, but it just wasn't happening this trip. Oh well, yet another reason we have to go back! Love the selfie with Mary, and that she knew what it was, haha! MSEP always has a special place in my heart as it's one of the things I remember vividly from childhood trips. Definitely worth the wait to get a good spot. I can't wait to hear about your BOG dinner!
Thank you! It's hard to do everything you want to do, I know there was stuff I still wish I had been able to do. But just like you said, another reason to go back! And I just posted about BOG

Old 12-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #150
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Haha everyone is reading and updating TRs this morning! Yay for the holidays!

LOVE your BOG post, it looks so amazing for dinner! It was amazing at lunch too, but it seriously looks like a whole different atmosphere at dinner. Awesome. And Wishes over the Beast's castle looks amazing! You got such great photos. I'll have to remember to book a BOG dinner for late on our next trip, I love all the nighttime photos you were able to get with hardly anyone else around. What a great MK day!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: