DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
bellesister
Mouseketeer

Basic UY question

I apologize in advance for asking a basic question that has probably been asked on the DisBoards several times, but after getting a CM yesterday who was absent the day they covered this in training.....

We are currently BCV owners with a Feb. use year. We are
in the process of purchasing 50 additional resale points with a March use year. Is this going to be a hassle in terms of transferring them to my Feb. year? Would I have been better off waiting for a Feb. UY? If I am phrasing this in a confusing way, please let me know. Thank you!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Easiest would have been to get another contract with the same UY - especially with small contracts like that.

But A lot just depends on your ability to organize and what your plan is for using the points. If it is to simply transfer the full amount every year it shouldn't be that difficult although DVC software does seem to be having more than it's share of problems with handling transfers correctly. One problem with transfers can be that you can't see them online so you'll always have to call in to make reservations with the transferred points but there have been several reports that if it is the same home resort then you can see them online - but no guarantee of that.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
bellesister
Mouseketeer

Thanks great info. It is the the same resort. I plan use them exactly the same way as I use my current points. It is definitely more confusing that I originally thought!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

You in essence will have two memberships and even if you transfer..it can only be current UYpoints, no banked or borrowed-- they will follow the same requirements as their own UY

Smaller contracts are harder to manage with two UY.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
Tigger & Eeyore
Now, look. It's like this, little britches. All you gotta do is... Look for the bare necessities / The simple bare necessities / Forget about your worries and your strife

Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
You in essence will have two memberships and even if you transfer..it can only be current UYpoints, no banked or borrowed-- they will follow the same requirements as their own UY

Smaller contracts are harder to manage with two UY.
I have two contracts, one is June and one Sept.and I never have a problem. The transferring is more flexible for contracts when you own them both as it is not considered transferring in the same sense. You can also book out of both of them and Disney will link the reservation. I generally transfer enough to make and even number of nights out of both contracts but I recently went to Hilton Head for a change and linked them and it worked just as well

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: