DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #61
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
(and for the record, i am a dude... )
If you're referring to my post,, I apologize. I was merely channeling the screen name.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #62
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
If you're referring to my post,, I apologize. I was merely channeling the screen name.
i'm not offended. just clarifying.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #63
glamdring269
Mouseketeer

Well, we just had an offer accepted today. This seems like a decent/fair deal to me but thought I'd throw it out here and let you guys tell me how we did...

VWL - 75 points - Oct UY
0 - '13
75 - '14
75 - '15

$74/point
Buyer pays closing
Buyer pays '14 maint fees

Comes out to ~$85/point if you include both closing and maint fees in the calculation.

Now comes the waiting...
glamdring269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #64
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdring269 View Post
Well, we just had an offer accepted today. This seems like a decent/fair deal to me but thought I'd throw it out here and let you guys tell me how we did...

VWL - 75 points - Oct UY
0 - '13
75 - '14
75 - '15

$74/point
Buyer pays closing
Buyer pays '14 maint fees

Comes out to ~$85/point if you include both closing and maint fees in the calculation.

Now comes the waiting...
I think you got a very good deal.

As I recall, VWL points have recently been selling in the low to mid 80's and you even snagged a smaller contract! Congratulations!

Good luck with ROFR - I think you will pass. It seems that Disney hasn't been exercising on VWL contracts for a couple of months or so (or maybe no one is reporting if they had one taken) and IIRC, the last few taken were in high 60's or maybe $70-$72.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #65
glamdring269
Mouseketeer

So we've passed ROFR (last week as I recall) and are waiting on closing documents now. In the meantime I've been thinking a bit about point management and wanted to get some feedback from the experts. Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just bump this one...

How do you manage ensuring that no points ever go to waste? It seems like through some careful banking/borrowing you could possibly end up not having any remainders but I can also envision plenty of scenarios where you have let's say 6 points left. Do you just end up renting out the rest? Maybe buy a few extra points from Disney to help use up the remainder? Look for someone willing to transfer? Etc.

I think I understand the theory but just looking to hear some real life examples. Please let me know if my question is not very clear.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #66
Mousewerks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdring269 View Post
So we've passed ROFR (last week as I recall) and are waiting on closing documents now. In the meantime I've been thinking a bit about point management and wanted to get some feedback from the experts. Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just bump this one...

How do you manage ensuring that no points ever go to waste? It seems like through some careful banking/borrowing you could possibly end up not having any remainders but I can also envision plenty of scenarios where you have let's say 6 points left. Do you just end up renting out the rest? Maybe buy a few extra points from Disney to help use up the remainder? Look for someone willing to transfer? Etc.

I think I understand the theory but just looking to hear some real life examples. Please let me know if my question is not very clear.
points left at the end of the year? What's that?

We are in continual borrow mode since we own relatively few points (150) and tend to take family and friends with us every other year. Needless to say, the possibility of losing points is exceedingly remote with us.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #67
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

I never have points left. We always add a night and get a few one time use points so that no points get wasted.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #68
glamdring269
Mouseketeer

Thanks that's what I figured. I can tell by just looking at the charts that the numbers will likely end up 'odd' at some point. Of course the only real solution is to transfer or buy extra. No one is going to try to sell 3 points or let them just disappear!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #69
starjazz
Mouseketeer

Newbie here - how does one purchase a few one-time use points? So, say, you do have that 6 extra points, and you need to buy 5 more for an extra night. Whats the process?

Thanks!
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #70
samfsu
Earning My Ears

You can buy up to 25 points a UY from mickey or u can buy points from other members to transfer into your account.
samfsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #71
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfsu View Post
You can buy up to 25 points a UY from mickey or u can buy points from other members to transfer into your account.
it's up to 24. if you need 25 pts, that is the minimum for a new add-on contract...

also, be aware that the one-time-use pts are only available at the 7 month window (with a couple of other qualifiers as well).

if you go every other year or every year, banking leftover pts allows you to use them the next year so that none ever go to waste.

i do not recommend buying in with a plan to use pts every-third-year...partly for the reason that points will likely be left over.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #72
glamdring269
Mouseketeer

We are now officially owner's at VWL. 75 points, Oct UY, $73pp (plus closing).

Received the membership number last night, called member services this morning to get online activation information, and of course have been screwing around with the web site this morning. Woo hoo!

Thanks again to everyone for the help and I'm sure we will be discussing contract #2 soon enough...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: