Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #136
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Bahaha, I know someone who changed their park day too. Rhymes with "Mannie". Oh those interconnected TR's.

I always enjoy your gushing (and analysis) of FOTLK. I imagine having a dance/performance background would absolutely influence your viewing of the show. Obviously this is to you what Wishes is to me... absolute and utter perfection. Since I missed it last time, I absolutely MUST see it this time... NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Awww Pooh Bear. Is is just me or is he the softest of all the Disney characters?

And Tigger... Well Tigger is just an O.G.

Wow, I've seen a ton of Flame Tree recently. Apparently you should have looked in the water as there have been quite a few Alligator sightings near there.
Ahahha yeah, we were tweeting back and fourth that day, Luckily there's so much more for me to do in AK, that, and I'd be more than happy watching FOTLK all day.

Don't know HOW you missed it last time, you DEFINTELY need to see it this time as it closes in Jan!! Also I plan on being in it when it reopens, so you'll have no excuses after that haha!

Pooh Bear is so cute!! I love him!

Awe heck no! We had enough trouble with the birds in that area, I dont want to even think about gators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I think I'm obsessed with FOTLK because of you, lol! I have always known it's "your thing" and had only seen it once before this trip and wasn't blown away. Well, I must have developed an appreciation for it or maybe got to watch it more closely this time, but it was AWESOME! I cannot wait for you to see parts of the video we're making for this trip. We put in a clip last night, and I was like, "Ohhh, Katt's gonna love that!!"

Arrrg you LURKER!! I had no clue you were reading along!! Lol. FOTLK is definitely my thing, so so so glad you loved it this time around!! It really is an amazing show and I cannot wait to be a part of it, it's gonna happen, I know it! Lol.

AH!! awesome!! That's incredible! I can't wait to see the video!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
What a great AK morning!!

You got some really good safari pictures - love the lion ones.

We saw FotLK for the first time in August and loved it. I really hope your dream comes true and we are one day watching you in that show!

We always love that Pooh meet-and-greet - sad that they deleted Eeyore from it though.

Lunch looks really good! We have never eaten at Flame Tree, but it sure does get great reviews! I'm glad you mentioned about the beans and chickpeas in the salad - I was thinking that would be a great option, but I am NOT a bean person.
It really was!

Thank you!!
AND thank you again, it really is wonderful!

I'll be sad about eeyore, but Tigger's my main man, so it's all good haha!

Flame tree was awesome!! I would definitely reccommend it!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #137
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Omg such a fun report so far!! I am surprised at the amount of disers going in December that's awesome What are your dates?

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #138
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I've absolutely been on that bridge in the Animal Kingdom before. It's so misleading like it's going somewhere amazing!

Awww, you were the bird! That's awesome.

Haha, you did the creep on Susie? That's too funny. I know what you mean though, you're pretty sure you know that it's them, but you're not sure, and you don't want to look like an idiot.

You do look like a giant in that picture! But your Mom's face is what really makes it.

I'm so jealous that you leave in a few days!!!!!
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #139
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Omg such a fun report so far!! I am surprised at the amount of disers going in December that's awesome What are your dates?
Thank you!! We're here now til the 7th!!

Old 12-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #140
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I've absolutely been on that bridge in the Animal Kingdom before. It's so misleading like it's going somewhere amazing! Awww, you were the bird! That's awesome. Haha, you did the creep on Susie? That's too funny. I know what you mean though, you're pretty sure you know that it's them, but you're not sure, and you don't want to look like an idiot. You do look like a giant in that picture! But your Mom's face is what really makes it. I'm so jealous that you leave in a few days!!!!!
I know right?!? Its insane!!

Haha thanks!! And yeah i totally did the creep!

We'll be in disney together sooooon

Old 12-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #141
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Katt! I saw some of your posts on FB and I'm dying to be there now!! I hope you are having an awesome time. See you in a few days!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #142
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Katt! I saw some of your posts on FB and I'm dying to be there now!! I hope you are having an awesome time. See you in a few days!
Hiiii lol!!

Cant wait to see you! Super excited & safe travels!

Old 12-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #143
katt789
DIS Veteran

You Bring Any Snacks?!

Judging by the time stamps on our photos it looks like we took about an hour at lunch, a lovely break, and in my eyes, more than enough time to have Everest up and running from this morning. Of course, it wasn’t…..still as silent as a ghost town around that mountain, the yeti certainly wasn’t having it today! Saddened, we moved on, at least we knew we’d be back later in the week, but I wasn’t leaving Florida without going on that puppy!!

We stopped around the corner from the mountain for a few photopass pictures!

It was the same photographer who had taken my baby Simba magic shots earlier and he commented “stop looking so blue” *sigh* I guess this was a pretty hard Disneybound to get! Lol. He added the photos onto our card and we continued circling around the park. I had told Anne and Mom that I would be watching Festival of the Lion King twice on one of our AK days, and that I wanted to go back today, would they be down for it? Why not!?

Lets be serious, we were in the same seats practically! Lol, the elephant section is just my home! Would I EVER switch it up?? It was interesting to notice that the vocal cast, the tumble monkeys, and the girl bird dancer were all different this go around! And it was my favorite girl! Yay! This is one of those shows that I know they had more than one cast to get through a day, but I’m never sure how they switch them out, I’ve gone to the “every second show” shows and I know that’s not how they do it, and I think I’ve gone back to back, it just seems weird the way they switch things out. Judging by what I read on Instagram it looks like the “show performers/movers” (the dancers like the cheetah, zebra, elephant, etc) don’t do every show either, so I have no clue how that works!

Either way, the show was still absolutely amazing! I definitely have my favorites for most things, there are some tumble monkeys who are just more entertaining to watch, and the guy dancer today was so incredible! It’s always a little hard to tell with the Circle of Life singer, they’re all so amazing, but I have a favorite leader of the Elephants, and it’s the one from the earlier show today, he’s just so zazzy! Lol.

Now, since Anne hadn’t seen a bunch of Disney movies, and Lion King is actually one of them, Mom started talking about the subtle things in shows like this that you wouldn’t catch on to if you hadn’t seen the movie. I asked her to clarify, and she pointed out the moment where the singer that sings Be Prepared changes his head piece so that he’s got a black “mane” on for the song, representing Scar.

Ladies and gentlemen….this is something I had NEVER REALIZED BEFORE…..go figure… Like, mind blown, I’m clearly not paying attention to the same things Mom is during the show, I’m too in awe to even function when that show is in the same vicinity as me!

As the show lets out right into Camp Minnie Mickey, and Mom loves her some Baloo, it was pretty self explanatory where our next stop was!

I was getting Baloo to sign a post card for a friend back home who when I asked who is favorite was he said “Basil…from the Great Mouse Detective.” Uhm….good job bro, could you have picked ANYONE more obscure?! So this time around I asked him for a second favorite and he said Baloo!

There were hugs and dancing all around and it was super adorable to see Mom dancing around with Baloo like the child she is! Lol. King Louie also started to try to dig through my bag! I told him I didn’t have any snacks for him this time around, but I’d be sure to bring him some next time!!

Couldn’t tell ya where Anne was for these pictures….guess she was character-ed out for the day! I was tempted to stick around for Poca, but the line was looking too long and I couldn’t even tell if she was out. I knew the day before it was Ratcliff and Meeko instead, and I mainly wanted to see her when Alicia was hanging out with her, so I passed and we made our way towards the exit!

Old 12-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #144
katt789
DIS Veteran

You Bring Any Snacks?!

Hey team!! Just wanted to shoot out a little life update at the top here before going on to the exciting Disney life!! We are currently at MCO waiting to board for our flight back to the frigid cold that is Calgary!

We had an absolutely fantastic trip, full of wonderful dismeets, and amazing character greets and of course, so much fun!! We're finishing off completely exhausted, having a bunch of brand new and exciting experiences for us, along with some last viewings of some parades/shows, and of course, the ever growing stronger desire to not actually have to leave, as Florida is home!!

You may or may not have been following along on another social media site, so you might have some idea of the adventures we went on, but if not, don't worry, I will be sure to do some trip reporting!

That being said, I'm really not sure how many of those I will be pumping out in the near future. I obviously plan on finishing this one up, and I planned on tacking some of Oct's 3 day trip onto the end of it. Dec will have a trip report, but I didn't take a lot of notes, it's a lot of "experience" and not a lot of note taking for me anymore. I don't want to either: do a trip report that doesn't have the zest I usually put into it, or write one without enough detailing from our adventures.

I'm thinking that this means you guys will get TR's from the trips that are a week or longer, little ones down for auditions will be thrown into whatever TR is running at the time as a "life update". I really do hope that this is okay with you all, but I really don't want to start going downhill with the quality of my reports!! And as we all know, my reports go on FOREVER, so there's no worrying that there will be SOMETHING to read from me.

Hope you're all having a magical day and life is great!!

Judging by the time stamps on our photos it looks like we took about an hour at lunch, a lovely break, and in my eyes, more than enough time to have Everest up and running from this morning. Of course, it wasn’t…..still as silent as a ghost town around that mountain, the yeti certainly wasn’t having it today! Saddened, we moved on, at least we knew we’d be back later in the week, but I wasn’t leaving Florida without going on that puppy!!

We stopped around the corner from the mountain for a few photopass pictures!

It was the same photographer who had taken my baby Simba magic shots earlier and he commented “stop looking so blue” *sigh* I guess this was a pretty hard Disneybound to get! Lol. He added the photos onto our card and we continued circling around the park. I had told Anne and Mom that I would be watching Festival of the Lion King twice on one of our AK days, and that I wanted to go back today, would they be down for it? Why not!?

Lets be serious, we were in the same seats practically! Lol, the elephant section is just my home! Would I EVER switch it up?? It was interesting to notice that the vocal cast, the tumble monkeys, and the girl bird dancer were all different this go around! And it was my favorite girl! Yay! This is one of those shows that I know they had more than one cast to get through a day, but I’m never sure how they switch them out, I’ve gone to the “every second show” shows and I know that’s not how they do it, and I think I’ve gone back to back, it just seems weird the way they switch things out. Judging by what I read on Instagram it looks like the “show performers/movers” (the dancers like the cheetah, zebra, elephant, etc) don’t do every show either, so I have no clue how that works!

Either way, the show was still absolutely amazing! I definitely have my favorites for most things, there are some tumble monkeys who are just more entertaining to watch, and the guy dancer today was so incredible! It’s always a little hard to tell with the Circle of Life singer, they’re all so amazing, but I have a favorite leader of the Elephants, and it’s the one from the earlier show today, he’s just so zazzy! Lol.

Now, since Anne hadn’t seen a bunch of Disney movies, and Lion King is actually one of them, Mom started talking about the subtle things in shows like this that you wouldn’t catch on to if you hadn’t seen the movie. I asked her to clarify, and she pointed out the moment where the singer that sings Be Prepared changes his head piece so that he’s got a black “mane” on for the song, representing Scar.

Ladies and gentlemen….this is something I had NEVER REALIZED BEFORE…..go figure… Like, mind blown, I’m clearly not paying attention to the same things Mom is during the show, I’m too in awe to even function when that show is in the same vicinity as me!

As the show lets out right into Camp Minnie Mickey, and Mom loves her some Baloo, it was pretty self explanatory where our next stop was!

I was getting Baloo to sign a post card for a friend back home who when I asked who is favorite was he said “Basil…from the Great Mouse Detective.” Uhm….good job bro, could you have picked ANYONE more obscure?! So this time around I asked him for a second favorite and he said Baloo!

There were hugs and dancing all around and it was super adorable to see Mom dancing around with Baloo like the child she is! Lol. King Louie also started to try to dig through my bag! I told him I didn’t have any snacks for him this time around, but I’d be sure to bring him some next time!!

Couldn’t tell ya where Anne was for these pictures….guess she was character-ed out for the day! I was tempted to stick around for Poca, but the line was looking too long and I couldn’t even tell if she was out. I knew the day before it was Ratcliff and Meeko instead, and I mainly wanted to see her when Alicia was hanging out with her, so I passed and we made our way towards the exit!

Old 12-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #145
katt789
DIS Veteran

We Should Go To Neverland!

We arrived back at Port Orleans around 3:30 with a mission on our mind, a snack mission of sorts, we had to get ourselves some Beignets!

We used a snack credit for the order of 3 which was perfect, one for each of us, it was also fantastic to watch them be made fresh right in front of us! Yay!

Cost:$2.99

We Paid: ZERO! Yay!

The beignets were good, they were a little hollower than the ones Anne had had in New Orleans, and I had had over in Disneyland, but they were still tasty. Beignets are tricky though, that powdered sugar can really cause a problem if you inhale it while trying to eat them! Baha. After our snack was eaten, Mom and Anne were taking their time having some coffee and relaxing, and I had places to be, so I said goodbye to them, gave them some ideas of what they could do that night, and that I might see them before I left for the evening. They wished me some “have fun”’s and I was on my way back to the room. First stop, a picture of all the pin trades I’d done!

My favorites from that batch being the Hitchiking Ghost and the Monorail ones, I’m pretty sure I ended up trading away a few of the ones I had traded for today, but I was doing pretty well for the “trade with every lanyard you see” rule I’d made for myself!

It took me a bit to get ready for the party, and of course, I got sidetracked by things like the disboards and tumblr, but hey, I had a LOT of hair to curl, and that really can strain the arm, especially as I have one of the irons without a clip, it takes two hands to hold it and then wrap the hair around it! As I was finally finishing up and had gotten all ready, Mom and Anne were making their way back from their break! They complemented on how cute I looked, and reminded me that I needed my bow, I had almost forgotten!

I made it down to the bus stop for 5:30, but not before a quick stop to safety pin a bit of my costume, just to make the “tie” a bit more flattering on my waist for the night. Oddly enough, I’ve had to safety pin every one of my MNSSHP costumes up to this point! Factoid! When I got to the bus stop, I was definitely the only one dressed up, and definitely felt a little awkward/out of place, but hey, that’s why I chose Wendy, it’s something not as outrageous, and she’s brunette, I am clearly not lol. I didn’t want to look too much like the character if I was flying solo, could get awkward!

Soon enough a family of Dalmatians, a little girl in a homemade Alice costume, and even a tiny little Queen of Hearts had joined me and we were all on our way to the Magic Kingdom! I scanned my ticket, received my wristband, and was RARING TO GO! But WHERE?! That was seriously my next question, I was starting to get hungry, but didn’t want to waste any time adventuring around the park to get food, and didn’t really want Casey’s, healthy food dang it! Eventually I just decided I’d eat later, and jumped right into the princess line at 6:30 and was second in the line. While we waited I made friends with a ltitle Rapunzel who was sitting behind me and we chatted away about Euguene, frying pans, Disney World, candy, you know, the usual! She was super cute!

The time had come, the party had officially started, and we were LET INTO THE PRINCESS ROOM!! Instantly fangirling and SO incredibly excited, and then the absolute biggest moment of fear…THERE WAS NO EUGENE! Like, I was freaking out and instantly thought of Lia’s disastrous experience the year before where Blonde and Eugene thought it was okay to skip out on the meet and greet. I was sad, but knew I’d be back later in the week, and that even maybe later tonight he’d pop up, but STILL, COMPLETE SHOCK, Rapunzel was there, WHERE WAS FLLLLYYYYNNN. Clearly, I was not the only person worried about this, and then, a door on the opposite side of the room flew open and in walked Flynn, seriously, heart attack bro, like, not cool, glad you could make it.

Disaster avoided, it was actually my turn to say hello to Snow White and her Prince, and got super excited when I noticed Snow looked familiar tonight! Paige and I had seen her friend while she’d been hanging out with Cindy back in Feb, and I follow a friend’s blog on tumblr, she’s actually an immensely amazing human being and I was super excited to see her again!!

Snow asked what my plans for the evening were, and I said I wasn’t sure, some Halloween stuff for sure, and she said I should try and find Peter, and definitely go on some adventures. She then commented to her Prince that they should get some pixie dust from Tinkerbell so that they could come adventuring in Neverland!

Cinderella and Charming came around next! She asked if I came to tell bedtime stories, and that Jaq and Gus Gus would really love that, and I should definitely come back at midnight for storytime!

Then it was time, time for Eugene and the Blondie, the one that I, okay, let’s be serious, everyone in the line up had been waiting for!

I walked up and Rapunzel asked if I had made the costume, I said that a good friend had, and she said that Pascal helps her make her clothes, “shall we take a picture”

Bam. Done. Bye. Thanks for coming./ Buh bye now. I was seriously disappointed. I get it, I’m alone, I’m *technically* an adult, but that doesn’t mean all I want is a picture and a shotty interaction, it actually quite disappointed me. Rapunzel and Flynn used to be SO amazing, even without Flynn, Rapunzel was still so great. I’ve started to think that maybe it’s because when a character first comes out, she only has so many helpers, so there’s less of them, and there’s less room for error, and then the years go by, and there’s so many there’s more chances to hit some not so great ones, and it just breaks my heart. A little miffed, I made my way out of the theater, and vowed that I would be back again later.

And since I don’t like ending updates on a bad note, let’s all take a look at the most perfect Rapunzel there ever was…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxt1dgils1c

Yeah…best ever… I think SO! I thought to myself how odd it is for me when Snow White is winning the “best interaction of the night” award, it’s not usual that that happens, although recently, I don’t know if it’s my love for OUAT, but I’m really digging Snow, then again, I don’t really like her character on Once, so who knows? It goes to show that the helper the royalty/fairy/character has that day really does help. I guess we’d had such amazing character luck so far on the trip, someone was bound to turn out not great, right? Was it looking up from here? We’ll find out!

Old 12-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #146
katt789
DIS Veteran

Seen You Flyin Around Here Before!

I left off having just had a not so great character interaction, and was full on DERP ing myself for not having eaten before getting in the princess line. Next stop, and maybe even to help with the grumpyness, was a snack! I opted for a corn dog from a cart in Frontierland and paid OOP for it, and then made my way to some other characters that I hoped would result in a better meet and greet than the last. Obviously, these two were two I had to see as Wendy, and I was pretty excited that I got in to see them in around 10 minutes!

Terrance said he’d seen my flying around before, with that boy Tink flies with every so often! I replied that he probably had, and I was a little concerned with how Tink would react to me being back here lol. He said that since I had some pixie dust (sparkle hair spray is always a good idea!) we must be friends now so that was all good.

He also noted that he didn’t remember giving me the pixie dust so I must have gotten it from Dusty, right? I simply agreed lol, I don’t remember there actually being any “Dusty” in any of the movies, but the only one I’ve seen in detail is Secret of the Wings lol!

Tinkerbell of course, wasn’t so keen on saying hi to me that night….

She pretty much started off with “well okay fine…if we must…” I told her that “if it made it better” I was coming back on Tuesday as her, and actually went as Periwinkle the year before, that should help right? Tink said that she “guessed” that was okay, and we’d just pretend I was wearing Peri’s dress instead.

I was outta there around 7:50, and had to say, wasn’t greatly impressed with the character interactions so far that night, but hey, there were plenty of amazing Halloween festivities that were going on that I had to check out still! I had been messaging with Brian, the friend who’d came to CM’s with us, as he was supposed to come to the party with me, but ended up having to work! He was working over near Haunted Mansion so I jumped over there to chat for a bit, and then quickly said see ya later as I headed into Frontierland, it was getting near PARADE TIME!! I snagged a spot really just big enough for me and even got some pre-parade entertainment over there!

Guys….are you ready for this….

Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #147
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I know, I am a HORRIBLE lurker, lol!! Usually I read late at night and then am too tired to comment, or I will think I commented and really didn't. But, yeah, I'm definitely here .

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #148
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I got a bit behind over the Thanksgiving holiday but I'm all caught up now!

FOLK and Flame Tree all in one post? Loved it! Two of my favorites. I'm so sad that FOLK will be closed in February when I'm there next. They better not change it too much.

It looks like you posted two of the same updates and skipped one back at the end of the AK time. I'm always afraid I'm going to do that since I write them in Word first like you do.

Your Alice costume is awesome! Looks like your Halloween Party was going well so far other than the not so good meet with Rapunzel and Flynn.

That last picture you posted is seriously creepy!

Oh, and please continue writing the TRs! I love reading them. I don't mind if you combine some of the smaller ones together but I do like reading them no matter how long or short the trip was.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #149
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I know, I am a HORRIBLE lurker, lol!! Usually I read late at night and then am too tired to comment, or I will think I commented and really didn't. But, yeah, I'm definitely here .
Hahaha whatevs! Lurking is sometimes what i do! Ive gotten so far behind on reading it took me nearly an hour to get through 2 trs and comment last night! Lurking would be much quicker!

Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #150
JessM
We all have a dream

That stinks Rapunzel and Flynn were not the best : ( I hope the rest of the party turns out better!

I love your costume! Your hair turned out great as well!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backstage tour, free dining, kttk, mnsshp, september

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: