DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #16
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

I agree as well!
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #17
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisK View Post
I have seen that several people have mentioned buying 50 points in one resort, and 50 in another, why do this?
Recently bought 55pts @ BCV = enough to stay every other year during October in a studio for 6N

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

You can get your own loan to pay off the balance . Since no one will answere that question and just tell you not to finance .

IMO waiting years to get the cash to purchase makes no sence , since any money saved will likely just be losed due to inflation , plus all the money you would have spent paying for rooms thought the years , cause lets be honest you not going to not go to WDW till you save up the cash . I watched point prices climb $30 per point in 3 years on my home resort . DVC show no evedince to slow this trend of rapidly increasing point prices .

Just the other side of the coin on a site that is extremely one sided on the subject

I wouldn't bother splitting between 2 resorts unless you have 200 total .

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
You can get your own loan to pay off the balance . Since no one will answere that question and just tell you not to finance .

IMO waiting years to get the cash to purchase makes no sence , since any money saved will likely just be losed due to inflation , plus all the money you would have spent paying for rooms thought the years , cause lets be honest you not going to not go to WDW till you save up the cash . I watched point prices climb $30 per point in 3 years on my home resort . DVC show no evedince to slow this trend of rapidly increasing point prices .

Just the other side of the coin on a site that is extremely one sided on the subject

I wouldn't bother splitting between 2 resorts unless you have 200 total .
I agree with everything said here. Why wait if you know you are going back year after year? Put that $ toward your purchase.

You can get your own financing. We did because there's no way we would pay Disney's outrageous rates. You can also use Disney Visa for your purchase and get 6 months 0% interest (just make sure you pay it off in 6 months/get alternate financing) and get rewards to put toward your dues.

I'm sure there is a minimum for new buyers, not sure what that is for VGF. 50 points won't get you much time there. It costs 125 points for a standard studio for 7 nights in the cheapest season.

The only thing I can add is do not over extend yourself. Buy what you need now, you can always add-on later. And buy small contracts. If you are buying direct you can add as few as 25 points at a time and if you ever decide to sell they will go fast.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
sndral
DIS Veteran

Congrats/best wishes on the future marriage. Since you and your intended both love Disney I can understand the interest in DVC.
Before you sign on the dotted line promising to pay DVC $Xxx per month for the next 10 years have you as a couple developed a budget?
Do you already own your home? If not a commitment to make payments on a timeshare may reduce how much house you can afford to buy.
Do you own your cars and don't anticipate using financing to upgrade in the next couple of years? All student loans paid in full? Not financing any other parts of the wedding? No credit card debt? Future children possible w/ the loss of one income or the addition of childcare costs? A 10 yr commitment to repay a timeshare is a long time.
Digging a financial hole based on how much you can borrow is not a solid beginning to a marriage. Just make sure you know your future budget, and if financing Disney works w/ a realistic look at future expenses and needs then go ahead and sign if you think financing is the way to go, if not then wait and save and pay cash later.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
DisK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Congrats/best wishes on the future marriage. Since you and your intended both love Disney I can understand the interest in DVC.
Before you sign on the dotted line promising to pay DVC $Xxx per month for the next 10 years have you as a couple developed a budget?
Do you already own your home? If not a commitment to make payments on a timeshare may reduce how much house you can afford to buy.
Do you own your cars and don't anticipate using financing to upgrade in the next couple of years? All student loans paid in full? Not financing any other parts of the wedding? No credit card debt? Future children possible w/ the loss of one income or the addition of childcare costs? A 10 yr commitment to repay a timeshare is a long time.
Digging a financial hole based on how much you can borrow is not a solid beginning to a marriage. Just make sure you know your future budget, and if financing Disney works w/ a realistic look at future expenses and needs then go ahead and sign if you think financing is the way to go, if not then wait and save and pay cash later.

We are only financing through Disney until we go through a bank to get better rates. Neither him nor I are too concerned with financing it. We make good money, have very little debt, and have excellent credit. We don't have any kids (yet) but will look for that in another couple years.

Thanks for the advice everyone, we pay our down payment tomorrow!
DisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #22
DisK
Mouseketeer

Payment has been made!!!! 100 points at the VGF. We picked an April UY
DisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Congrats

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congratulations!
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #25
LorieDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If you have the Disney Visa Card you can put your purchase on your credit card and get 6 months FREE financing ... that gives you some time to get other financing without much of a hassle ... or save a huge amount each month to pay it off.

Planning our 1st trip as DVC Members after years of staying at the Polynesian Resort!

LorieDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #26
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: