DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
venom75
Earning My Ears

Question on timing

I just sent the money in for our DVC resale that we bought. How long does it usually take until I would receive everything in the mail?

Also, do they send instructions on how to log in and make reservations? I am all new to this and overly excited on booking our first vacation through dvc.
venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
LorieDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom75 View Post
I just sent the money in for our DVC resale that we bought. How long does it usually take until I would receive everything in the mail?

Also, do they send instructions on how to log in and make reservations? I am all new to this and overly excited on booking our first vacation through dvc.
We are first time buyers via resale, also.

From what I understand it takes a while.

Our money was wired on 9/9 ... deed recorded on 9/19th ... we're still waiting for our information from Disney.

I'm hoping it will be sometime next week based on timelines from others on this forum.

Loving our new home at BLT!

LorieDisneyLover is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

75 days on average and instructions aren't supplied. You can contact MS for help. Until then, read as much as you can here on the DIS.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

Mine took 73 days from the day I made my offer until the day I was able to make a reservation. 11 days after I sent in my paperwork and money the contract closed (3 days before the closing date stated on the paperwork). 19 days later (this past Sat) I got my letter with membership number. I called MS and they gave me my club ID and activation code which are the 2 pieces if info you need to set up your account on-line. The website walks you though how to set up your account or you can call MS to help. My points were in there and I was able to make my reservation that day. Like OP said, there are no instructions on how to make the reservation and whatnot, but if you look around the website after you log in it's pretty easy to figure out. Good luck!!

Me DD (10)

1999-Port Orleans ~ 2009-Pop Century ~ 2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2013-Disney Fantasy-Western Caribbean ~ 2014-AKL/Disney Dream-Bahamas/BCV
puppytrainer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
timandjanl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppytrainer View Post
Mine took 73 days from the day I made my offer until the day I was able to make a reservation. 11 days after I sent in my paperwork and money the contract closed (3 days before the closing date stated on the paperwork). 19 days later (this past Sat) I got my letter with membership number. I called MS and they gave me my club ID and activation code which are the 2 pieces if info you need to set up your account on-line. The website walks you though how to set up your account or you can call MS to help. My points were in there and I was able to make my reservation that day. Like OP said, there are no instructions on how to make the reservation and whatnot, but if you look around the website after you log in it's pretty easy to figure out. Good luck!!
Very helpful info. Thank you!

Proud DVC Owner at SSR
timandjanl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: