Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #1
djmeredith
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 638

2014 Character Meet & Greet Info SUPER THREAD

I am a WDW vet planning a first trip to DLR in July. I always make autograph books for my nephews when we visit WDW and I've been spoiled by Kenny the Pirate's site which compiles detailed up to date info about characters at WDW. I've had trouble finding current info on character sightings in the DLR parks (not meals), and I noticed other WDW vets posted similar questions. So, I decided to compile a list of all the relevant threads dating back to spring 2013. I'm hoping that everyone who has been or is going this year will help me make this list accurate and as current as possible by letting me know who you saw and where. Thanks in advance!!

It's important for WDW vets to note that there are few formal Meet and Greets at DLR. Instead, the characters might appear randomly and roam.

*Denotes formal Meet and Greet (usually with Photopass Photographer).
**Less common character sighting.

Disneyland
Innoventions*
Captain America
Thor

New Orleans Square - special occasions only
Tiana

Aladdin’s Oasis*
Jasmine
Aladdin


Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree* - varies by season
July 2014 - currently no characters meeting here

Town Square/Main Street
Mickey
Minnie
Pluto
Donald
Goofy
Daisy
Chip and Dale
Cruella

Fantasyland
Peter Pan (as of July he has been spotted near the Wishing Well)
Wendy - very rare
Anna & Elsa*
Alice & Mad Hatter - also found hosting musical chairs some afternoons on Main St.
Mary Poppins & Bert

Pixie Hollow* You will meet Tink and one other of the rotating fairies listed below.
Tinker Bell
Silvermist
Rosetta
Iridessa

Critter Country
Pooh
Tigger
Piglet
Eeyore
Br’er Bear**
Br’er Fox**

Royal Hall/Fantasy Faire*
Usually: Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel
Snow White
Also seen here: Jasmine, Mulan, Minnie dressed as princess, Tiana

Wishing Well Near Castle
Peter Pan

Tomrorowland
Darth Vader - does not meet but can be seen at Jedi Training Academy
Stormtroopers - near Star Tours

Royal Theater
Belle, Rapunzel, and Flynn meet inside after their respective shows except the last show of the day
Rapunzel and Flynn meet outside during Belle's show.
Belle meets outside during Rapunzel's show.
Merida

Toon Town
Mickey* - either Sorcerer Mickey or Black & White Steamboat Mickey
Minnie* - traditional red polka dot dress
Goofy - frequently seen in front of his house
Pluto and Donald are frequently roaming TT
Daisy**

Disney’s California Adventure
Russell and Dug – Redwood Trails

Flik – Bugs Land

Incredibles - Hollywood Blvd
Frozone - Hollywood Blvd
Sully - Hollywood Blvd (Mike only meets during special events.)

Lightning McQueen - Cars Land
Mater - Cars Land
Red - Cars Land

Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Chip & Dale, Pluto – Buena Vista St. in 1920’s outfits

Toy Story M&G* (30 minute rotations, Buzz does not sign or stamp.)
Woody – near TSMM across from Mickey's Fun Wheel
Buzz – near TSMM across from Mickey's Fun Wheel
Jessie – near TSMM across from Mickey's Fun Wheel

Duffy – Paradise Pier, Across from Ariel's Grotto (During holidays he wears Christmas sweater and hat.)
Donald - Paradise Pier, next to Cove Bar - Sometimes Daisy fills in. (Wear Christmas sweaters during holidays.)

Fly Girl Minnie - Condor Flats

Princess Sofia – near Disney Junior Studio
Doc McStuffins – Summer 2014 near DJ Studio
Jake - near Disney Junior Studio

Outdoor meet and greets at DCA move indoors to the Animation Studio during inclement weather such as rain or excessive heat.

Bonus:
After Instant Concert !.... Just Add Water, occasionally Goofy will do quick photos in his black Tuxedo
Operation: Playtime! Featuring the Green Army Men…kids, all kids have the chance to dance and interact with Toy Story’s Green Army Men. Cute photo opp.

Last Two Summers in DCA: Dancing with Disney has been in Stage 17 in DCA next to Muppet Vision 3D from 1pm-5pm. Characters will not sign or pose for pictures but you can dance with them. There are two sets of characters: ladies and villains. Spotted here: Cruella, Marie (from Arista Cats), Cinderella's 2 step sisters, Daisy Duck, Queen of Hearts and a female chipmunk.

DCA Private Meet and Greet for Disney Visa Cardholders: Minnie, Stitch


Please let me know if you see any incorrect info and I will edit the list. And please feel free to add your photos and show us your meet and greet experiences! Thanks!

Last edited by djmeredith; 07-22-2014 at 07:26 PM.
djmeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #2
At Least Many
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 108

We saw a lot of characters inside the animation studio at dca. Today we saw Minnie, Donald, Buzz, woody, Jesse, and sofia.

There are some restrooms right inside tomorrowland, across from the Astor orbiters. There is a character entrance there. We saw lots of characters leave and enter there, stormtroopers, the evil queen, fairy godmother, plus all the classics.
At Least Many is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
 
Girimama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmeredith View Post
I am a WDW vet planning a first trip to DLR in July. I always make autograph books for my nephews when we visit WDW and I've been spoiled by Kenny the Pirate's site which compiles detailed up to date info about characters at WDW. I've had trouble finding current info on character sightings in the DLR parks (not meals), and I noticed other WDW vets posted similar questions. So, I decided to compile a list of all the relevant threads dating back to spring 2013. I'm hoping that everyone who has been or is going this year will help me make this list accurate and as current as possible by letting me know who you saw and where. Thanks in advance!!

Innoventions
Captain America
Thor

Aladdin’s Oasis
Jasmine
Aladdin
Genie

Big Thunder Ranch
In western outfits:
Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Chip & Dale
Also:
Br’er Bear
Country Bears

Main Street/Town Square
Alice
White Rabbit
Pinocchio
Gepetto
Queen of Hearts
Cruella

Fantasyland
Peter Pan
Capt. Hook
Anna & Elsa

Frontierland
Woody
Jessie

Pixie Hollow
Tinker Bell
Periwinkle
Iridessa
Fawn
Terrance
Silvermist
Rosetta
Vidia


Critter Country
Pooh
Tigger
Piglet
Eeyore
Br’er Bear
Br’er Fox

Fantasy Faire
Cinderella
Belle
Aurora
Ariel and Snow White also could be here.

Wishing Well Near Castle
Snow White
Evil Queen
Peter Pan

Near IASW
Merida

Location ?
Darth Vader Does not do M&G, but you can see him at JTA
Stormtroopers in TL by ST
Rapunzel and Flynn Rider After the Rapunzel show at Royal Theater
Mary Poppins and Bert
Buzz
Lady Tremaine Only during MHP that I am aware of.
Stepsisters Same as LT

Toon Town
Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Goofy
Donald
Chip & Dale
Daisy
Pluto



Disney’s California Adventure
Russell and Dug – Redwood Trails
Flik – Bugs Land
Incredibles HW Blvd
Frozone HW Blvd
Sully & Mike HW Blvd
Lightning McQueen - Cars Land
Mater - Cars Land
Red - Cars Land
Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Chip & Dale Pluto – Buena Vista St. in 1920’s outfits
Woody – near TSMM
Buzz – near TSMM
Jessie – near TSMM
Duffy – Paradise Pier ?
Fly Girl Minnie - Condor Flats ?
Princess Sofia – Summer 2014 She is already there..by the Disney Jr Theater.
Doc McStuffins – Summer 2014
Jake By DJ Theater
Handy Manny No longer doing M&G


Which Park?
Stitch Neither. You can only meet Stitch at the private Disney Visa M&G currently.


Please let me know if you see any incorrect info and I will edit the list. Thanks!!
I think only a few of the fairies are available in Pixie Hollow as well. I forget which ones they kept...I think Tink, Rosetta and Silvermist.
__________________
Me ~ DH ~ GiRi (6) ~
Girimama33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
djmeredith
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Least Many View Post
We saw a lot of characters inside the animation studio at dca. Today we saw Minnie, Donald, Buzz, woody, Jesse, and sofia.

There are some restrooms right inside tomorrowland, across from the Astor orbiters. There is a character entrance there. We saw lots of characters leave and enter there, stormtroopers, the evil queen, fairy godmother, plus all the classics.
Thanks for the info!! Do you remember specifically which classic characters you saw at the TL meet and greet area? I'm trying to make the list as specific as possible for character seekers who are new to DLR. Thanks!!
djmeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
djmeredith
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
I think only a few of the fairies are available in Pixie Hollow as well. I forget which ones they kept...I think Tink, Rosetta and Silvermist.
Thank you for all the detailed info, that is exactly the type of info I think will be helpful.
djmeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #6
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
 
Girimama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmeredith View Post
Thanks for the info!! Do you remember specifically which classic characters you saw at the TL meet and greet area? I'm trying to make the list as specific as possible for character seekers who are new to DLR. Thanks!!
They weren't necessarily doing the M&G in TL...PP was mentioning seeing the backstage entrance there and several characters coming and going to their actual M&G locations.
__________________
Me ~ DH ~ GiRi (6) ~
Girimama33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
djmeredith
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
They weren't necessarily doing the M&G in TL...PP was mentioning seeing the backstage entrance there and several characters coming and going to their actual M&G locations.
Thanks for the clarification, I thought it was a reference to an actual M&G location.
djmeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,430

It's worth noting that character meet and greets are somewhat different at DLR than at WDW. Many of them are not scheduled and the characters are (somewhat) prone to wandering around. So you might see a character at a location, but you might also see no characters. With the exception of the dedicated character meet and greet locations, it's going to be hit or miss whether you see any characters or not (and who you'll see). I would go through your list and denote which ones are always (or almost always) at a given spot and those that are more random. For example, you'll almost always find either McQueen or Mater in front of the Cozy Cones during the scheduled hours. Same for Anna & Elsa in Fantasyland, and Merida along Small World Mall. On the other hand, seeing Mary Poppins and Bert somewhere on Main Street is random. Same for Captain Hook in Fantasyland. I mostly say this because I would not want a WDW vet to see this list and think that they'll get to see all of these characters whenever they go. Some of the characters are still pretty rare/random.

Big Thunder Ranch: This is one of those that varies depending on the season. When there a specific seasonal event happening, there might be different characters/outfits depending on the season. When the carnival area is open, I've almost always seem some characters out and about, but it can vary which characters.

Main Street/Town Square: You might also see the Fab Five (or some sub-set) here. I've not seen Alice that often down at Town Square, but she might make an appearance now and then. I've also seen the penguins for Mary Poppins down there, as well as Mary Poppins and Bert. It really seems random who is out in Town Square and when. This is another spot, that during the morning hours I've almost always seen some characters out and about, but who varies. No characters (that I remember) during parades or fireworks.

Fantasyland: In truth, I think only Anna & Elsa are going to be there for sure (I see you have Merida listed later). The others are random. I've also seen the Evil Queen wandering around Fantasyland.

Mary Poppins and Bert: I've seen them in Town Square and in front of the castle.

I'm less familiar with the character situtation at DCA, so I only took a stab at the list for DL. I've not done many character meet and greets, so there are bound to be characters on the list below the are rare/random that I didn't denote. Anyway, I used an '*' to denote which characters seemed more random/hit-or-miss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmeredith View Post
Innoventions: Captain America, Thor
Aladdin’s Oasis: Jasmine, Aladdin, Genie
Big Thunder Ranch: (Varies seasonally): Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, Also: Br’er Bear*, Country Bears*
Main Street/Town Square: Alice*, White Rabbit*, Pinocchio*, Gepetto*, Queen of Hearts*, Cruella*
Fantasyland: Peter Pan*, Capt. Hook*, Anna & Elsa
Frontierland: Woody*, Jessie*
Pixie Hollow: Tinker Bell - she usually appears with: Silvermist, Rosetta
Critter Country: Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Br’er Bear*, Br’er Fox*
Fantasy Faire: Cinderella. Belle, Aurora, Ariel, Snow White
Wishing Well Near Castle: Snow White*, Evil Queen*, Peter Pan*
Near IASW: Merida
Tomrorowland: Darth Vader - does not meet but can be seen at Jedi Training Academy, Stormtroopers - near Star Tours
Royal Theater: Rapunzel and Flynn Rider - meet after show
Location ?: Mary Poppins and Bert*, Buzz*
Toon Town: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy*, Donald, Chip & Dale*, Daisy*, Pluto*
*Random character sightings and/or non-permanent meet and greet location and/or rare character, etc.

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-02-2014 at 01:49 PM.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
perlster
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,013

Post

Actually, the standard trio in the Royal Hall is Aurora, Ariel, and Cinderella. Jasmine and Mulan have also made appearances.

You can meet Belle and Rapunzel with Flynn Rider, either after the first two performances in the Royal Theatre, or outside around the times the other play is going on.

Tiana appears in New Orleans Square.

Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters were in Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree earlier this year.

Last edited by perlster; 05-02-2014 at 01:52 PM.
perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #10
djmeredith
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
It's worth noting that character meet and greets are somewhat different at DLR than at WDW. Many of them are not scheduled and the characters are (somewhat) prone to wandering around. So you might see a character at a location, but you might also see no characters. With the exception of the dedicated character meet and greet locations, it's going to be hit or miss whether you see any characters or not (and who you'll see). I would go through your list and denote which ones are always (or almost always) at a given spot and those that are more random. For example, you'll almost always find either McQueen or Mater in front of the Cozy Cones during the scheduled hours. Same for Anna & Elsa in Fantasyland, and Merida along Small World Mall. On the other hand, seeing Mary Poppins and Bert somewhere on Main Street is random. Same for Captain Hook in Fantasyland. I mostly say this because I would not want a WDW vet to see this list and think that they'll get to see all of these characters whenever they go. Some of the characters are still pretty rare/random.
Very good point! I already knew from my research that there are fewer formal Meet and Greets at DLR, but I didn't think to include that originally. I've added that info at the top of the list so that WDW vets will be aware of the difference. I've also edited the list to note the regular Meet and Greets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlster View Post
Actually, the standard trio in the Royal Hall is Aurora, Ariel, and Cinderella. Jasmine and Mulan have also made appearances.

You can meet Belle and Rapunzel with Flynn Rider, either after the first two performances in the Royal Theatre, or outside around the times the other play is going on.

Tiana appears in New Orleans Square.

Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters were in Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree earlier this year.
Thanks for the info!
djmeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:55 AM   #11
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,430

A couple of other notes...

I think Tiana might be seasonal. I've seen her there during Bayou Bash (Mardi Gras), but I don't recall seeing her during the HalloweenTime/HolidayTime seasons. During those periods (basically while HMH is running), I have seen Jack Skellingon and/or Sally meeting in NOS near HMH.

I think the Country Bears might be Seasonal. I saw them there during the Holiday Carnival (after the Billy Hill shows), but not during Halloween. Overall, I think guessing who will be at the Carnival area is tough to guess because it varies by seasonal activity. For example, earlier this year they were doing Long Lost Friends over there, so some rare characters were seen. They aren't there anymore and there is no guarantee they'll be back at any point this year. They did the Spring Round-Up there as well, which featured several rabbit characters. I guess what I'm sayng is that I'd seperate out the Carnival area from the petting zoo area. Those characters in the Carnival area vary by seasonal overlay, whereas the petting zoo characters might be more consistent.

In terms of Main Street/Town Square, I think you have a pretty good chance of seeing Mickey or Minnie or Pluto or Donald or Goofy, especially in the morning. I would denote everyone else on your MS list as being random/rare/unpredictable.

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-04-2014 at 01:01 AM.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:38 AM   #12
kitayama
DIS Veteran
 
kitayama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 529

Balou and Thumper were there today...
Along with the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and Mickey dressed in pastels. I still think he looks horrible in pastels.
__________________


First Trip to Disney World!!! 6/15/2014 - 6/30/2014

(My Disneyland countdown is permanently set to Friday...)

DIS Dad #772
kitayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:40 AM   #13
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place
 
Rubygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,237

During the summer the last 2 years, Dancing with Disney has been in Stage 17 in DCA next to Muppet Vision 3D from 1pm-5pm. I believe there are 2 sets of characters, the Ladies and the Villans. They don't pose for pictures or sign autographs, but you can get right in there and dance with them. We saw the Ladies group, which consisted of Cruella, Marie (from Arista Cats), Cinderella's 2 step sisters, Daisy Duck, Queen of Hearts and a female chipmunk who I don't know the name of. It was a lot of fun and the character interaction was fantastic. Cruella was getting the kids to sit and roll over like dogs. She even commanded my DH to jump up and down while he was trying to take her picture!
__________________
Pretrip report and budgeting strategies Aug 2014 http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3193168
Trip Report from July 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160807

Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:45 AM   #14
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place
 
Rubygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,237

Also, during Halloween we saw Donald in his Pumpkin Costume and pluto with a halloween collar in the big thunder ranch area. At other times we have seen Woody, Jessie and western themed Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale.

In the summer there was often a princess right at the entrance to Disneyland.

In DCA in Carsland you can find either Mater or Lightening in front of the Cozy Cone (they take turns) and Red has his own meet and greet area. DJ appears during his dance party show.
__________________
Pretrip report and budgeting strategies Aug 2014 http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3193168
Trip Report from July 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160807

Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:10 AM   #15
Vintage Mouseketeer
Mouseketeer
 
Vintage Mouseketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
A couple of other notes... I think Tiana might be seasonal. I've seen her there during Bayou Bash (Mardi Gras), but I don't recall seeing her during the HalloweenTime/HolidayTime seasons. During those periods (basically while HMH is running), I have seen Jack Skellingon and/or Sally meeting in NOS near HMH. I think the Country Bears might be Seasonal. I saw them there during the Holiday Carnival (after the Billy Hill shows), but not during Halloween. Overall, I think guessing who will be at the Carnival area is tough to guess because it varies by seasonal activity. For example, earlier this year they were doing Long Lost Friends over there, so some rare characters were seen. They aren't there anymore and there is no guarantee they'll be back at any point this year. They did the Spring Round-Up there as well, which featured several rabbit characters. I guess what I'm sayng is that I'd seperate out the Carnival area from the petting zoo area. Those characters in the Carnival area vary by seasonal overlay, whereas the petting zoo characters might be more consistent. In terms of Main Street/Town Square, I think you have a pretty good chance of seeing Mickey or Minnie or Pluto or Donald or Goofy, especially in the morning. I would denote everyone else on your MS list as being random/rare/unpredictable.

^^^this is the best response ^^^

We visit the park 3-4 times a month, DD and I are characters "stalkers". I find the characters that are roaming are not always the same and change seasonally.

IMO, they change the line up frequently because Disneyland is a locals park so it is a way to keep the parks fresh for us.

:-)
__________________
Disneyland Day Tripper since 1980 ~ Premium AP since 2008
WDW 1986, 1996, 2000, 2009
MHP 2010. 2011. 2012, 2013 ~ DCL Wonder Halloween Cruise 2012
Vintage Mouseketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: