Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
bubbaduck
Earning My Ears

Phone charging stations in WDW

Are there any iPhone charging stations anywhere in the parks at W. D. W. ?
bubbaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:00 AM   #2
MyFriendsCallMeMeg
Earning My Ears

I would be curious to know this as well. My old iPhone 4 sometimes can't hold a charge all day.
MyFriendsCallMeMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
jjnshane
Enjoying some "Invisabili-TEA" with a crazy kid!

They do have a few at Magic Kingdom -- there is a sitting area in the Tangled Restroom area and there are outlets and charging stations disguised as tree stumps, and I think they have recently added in a few charging stations in Storybook Circus in the tent where they distribute fastpasses for Dumbo and Barnstormer. I don't think they have any at the other parks yet, but if you are sly and have a keen eye, you can usually find an electrical outlet to use.
jjnshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
MichaelaF
Earning My Ears

There's a big one against the back wall in the Tomorrowland Arcade (aka the gift shop that Space Mountain dumps you into). As previously mentioned, it's also not too hard to find an outlet here or there, and no one seems to mind if you use them (I just sat on the floor sometimes next to one). I used the outlets in the baby stations a lot, too.

That said, one of the best purchases we made for Disney trips was our external battery charger. We have two iphones (iphone4 and a 4S) and we were able to charge up the external battery and charge on the go all day. When one of us got low, we just plugged it into the battery in our bag. The one we bought easily charged our phones entirely at least 6-8 times so we only really had to recharge the external every other day or less. It was BRILLIANT. Definitely a good way to spend $40 if you like to use your phone a lot at the parks (we take a lot of photos with them). We bought the Limeade Blast L130X off of Amazon (I'd link it, but it won't let me.) We got the midsize one - 13000mAh - and it was more than enough for us.

2013 - Fort Wilderness and Villas at Wilderness Lodge
1994 - Polynesian Resort - Concierge and Magic Kingdom View
1992 - Polynesian Resort
1984 - Disneyland
MichaelaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaF View Post
There's a big one against the back wall in the Tomorrowland Arcade (aka the gift shop that Space Mountain dumps you into). As previously mentioned, it's also not too hard to find an outlet here or there, and no one seems to mind if you use them (I just sat on the floor sometimes next to one). I used the outlets in the baby stations a lot, too.

That said, one of the best purchases we made for Disney trips was our external battery charger. We have two iphones (iphone4 and a 4S) and we were able to charge up the external battery and charge on the go all day. When one of us got low, we just plugged it into the battery in our bag. The one we bought easily charged our phones entirely at least 6-8 times so we only really had to recharge the external every other day or less. It was BRILLIANT. Definitely a good way to spend $40 if you like to use your phone a lot at the parks (we take a lot of photos with them). We bought the Limeade Blast L130X off of Amazon (I'd link it, but it won't let me.) We got the midsize one - 13000mAh - and it was more than enough for us.
x2 for the external battery charger!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
JWS7962
Earning My Ears

External phone charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaF View Post

I have to agree with this post. My dear wife was on groupon one day and bought 4 chargers. This helped us out TREMENDOUSLY as our iPhone 5s sucked the life out of the internal batteries. We accidentally got split up at MK and were able to use those external batteries at the end of the day to contact each other. Ours were cheap. 10 bucks each I believe.
JWS7962 is offline   Reply With Quote