DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #31
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post
May I ask how many you bought initially?
Sorry -- was away all weekend.

We originally bought 225 pts, then added 100 more. But our home resort is BLT, which has significantly more points per night cost than the resorts you mentioned.

My word of advice -- DO NOT stay in a 2BR, unless you are prepared to add-on to allow you to stay in a 2BR with your family for every subsequent visit.
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #32
prune1977
Mouseketeer

OK I'm hoping i can get more help, If i purchase DVC do i have to have insurance on it? Also this what i'm currently looking to purchase. SS- Mar 13-342, 14-250, 15-250. When do i have to use those pts for Mar. 13 by? Thanks in advance for the help

: Christmas surprise AKL: Jan 2012

dream stay? plus Mom & dad went with us Poly: Jan 2013

Surprise trip for the kids, 1st time waterparks Beach Club Sept 13,
prune1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #33
LauraLea
DIS Veteran

No insurance needed to protect your "ownership". That is what annual membership fees are for. You can purchase regular vacation insurance just as you can for a regular resort stay.

It appears 2012 points have been banked into 2013. Those banked points will have to be used by Feb 28, 2014. The remaining points in the 2013 UY must be used prior to 2/28/14 or banked by Oct 31, 2013.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #34
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick reply, in your guys opinion is $60-65 ppt too low to offer? or does that seem about right for 250 pts at SSR?

Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #35
prune1977
Mouseketeer

oh and before i forget when your a dvc owner what kinds of discounts come along with it?

Old 10-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #36
zgirlz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply, in your guys opinion is $60-65 ppt too low to offer? or does that seem about right for 250 pts at SSR?
I think you are in the right price range. I have seen SSR go for $57 and even a little less to $67. We purchased our first stripped contract this past Apr. for $62.50 pt. 225 pts. Then added on 150 pts loaded for $60 a pt. that was the asking price on both, we did not offer less as I felt these were fair prices. We will be taking our first trip this Jan and will be staying at Animal Kingdom. These boards have been and still are a great place to gain information. They continue to help me learn more about the DVC experience
zgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #37
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

Based on what I have seen and read online, I would probably offer 58. That's just my opinion. It also gives some room to negotiate.
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #38
Tigger & Eeyore
Now, look. It's like this, little britches. All you gotta do is... Look for the bare necessities / The simple bare necessities / Forget about your worries and your strife

Extended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
"subject to availability," sure.

keep in mind you will be paying higher annual dues, and there are higher risks as coastal storms are more likely to damage those properties.

but don't think that low upfront prices mean value...they mean you want to roll the dice. prices are low for a reason.

i would not own those resorts unless i really wanted to stay at those resorts. SSR is a better value if you are looking at wdw stays and are just happy to be onsite. (note that SSR expires in 2054 compared to 2042 for HHI/VB.)
Note: if the people extended them. Not all of those contracts are extended. I own one that is and one that isn't so I got one for a much lower price. Be sure to ask if buying them.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #39
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
It seems a little low, but not completely crazy. The median price recorded for the first two weeks of October was $73.50 for SSR. But there are a lot of contracts available for SSR and a wider range of prices. So $65 is not out of the question. You'll have an easier time if you set your range a little higher.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #40
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh and before i forget when your a dvc owner what kinds of discounts come along with it?
You need to make sure you understand the program before committing. If you're asking about discounts, you've not educated yourself enough to make buying a reasonable option currently. Spend some time with this, I usually recommend spending 6 months of active investigation before buying.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #41
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
You need to make sure you understand the program before committing. If you're asking about discounts, you've not educated yourself enough to make buying a reasonable option currently. Spend some time with this, I usually recommend spending 6 months of active investigation before buying.
I know you can't get FD etc I meant I've read & heard you get annual tix discounts & a few other things but can't find out exactly what, that's why I'm asking is to try & learn.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #42
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know you can't get FD etc I meant I've read & heard you get annual tix discounts & a few other things but can't find out exactly what, that's why I'm asking is to try & learn.
Sure, I understand why you're asking but it came on the heels of talking about making an offer, I wanted to make sure you had learned enough to make sure DVC would be a blessing if you bought. Any purchase decision should be made on the basis of whether DVC makes sense for you without any other perks or discounts. Here's a good place to start on discounts.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #43
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Discounts don't really come with your membership; in fact, the documentation you'll get with your purchase comes right out and says that discounts and perks are not part of your vacation ownership.

Instead, other divisions of the Disney company, and other companies, *may* offer discounts to members. For instance, Disney Parks currently offers a discounted annual pass to members. That will only last as long as it benefits them to offer it. It could continue to be offered for several years, or it could go away the day after you buy.

Right now, the AP is the only really significant discount. We currently get some small merchandise discounts, some reduced prices on tours and golf, and discounts on some restaurant that are in the ballpark of 10%, I think. There have been some discounts on DCL cruises in the past, if I remember correctly. Members have the ability to buy the TiW card, which has some nice restaurant discounts.

The point is, don't consider the discounts when you're making a purchase decision. They come and go at the whim of whoever's offering them. What you get when you buy is the right to stay at DVC resorts, subject to availability. Nothing else is guaranteed, whether you buy direct or resale.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #44
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger & Eeyore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94
"subject to availability," sure.

keep in mind you will be paying higher annual dues, and there are higher risks as coastal storms are more likely to damage those properties.

but don't think that low upfront prices mean value...they mean you want to roll the dice. prices are low for a reason.

i would not own those resorts unless i really wanted to stay at those resorts. SSR is a better value if you are looking at wdw stays and are just happy to be onsite. (note that SSR expires in 2054 compared to 2042 for HHI/VB.)
Note: if the people extended them. Not all of those contracts are extended. I own one that is and one that isn't so I got one for a much lower price. Be sure to ask if buying them.
ALL SSR contracts expire in 2054. every single one. extension was never an option for any resort besides OKW (and those OKW contracts expire in 2057).

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #45
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Sure, I understand why you're asking but it came on the heels of talking about making an offer, I wanted to make sure you had learned enough to make sure DVC would be a blessing if you bought. Any purchase decision should be made on the basis of whether DVC makes sense for you without any other perks or discounts. Here's a good place to start on discounts.
Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: