Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #1427
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 207

Thought of another? BTMRR? If you have a FP will they just send you to the exit? Will the CM at the exit then let you right on or give you a return time?

This whole thing is too confusing!
Wendydagny is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #1428
WDW-BWV
Mouseketeer
 
WDW-BWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western New York
Posts: 164

So we are looking at FP+ booking for Small World. Our DS is in a WC and needs that boat. Do does it make sense for FP+ return ? Did the add a third line to SW: 1 for WC, FP and stand by?


We're confused in our planning! HELP!
__________________
First Visit April 1971 - Preview Center
First MK visit 01-01-1972


HoJo's WDW Village
Hilton WDW Village
Port Orleans
Poly
Widerness Lodge Villas
All Start Sports (With 40 kids!)
BW Inn
BWV - DVC
BLT - DVC

Hurricane Charlie
Tropical Storm Faye

KUNGALOOSH!
WDW-BWV is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #1429
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

 
SueM in MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Twin Cities area,Minnesota,USA
Posts: 30,735
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
Looking over the last few pages, I'm really surprised to learn that they hand write the return times the old-fashioned way instead of using some kind of machine stamp. It's almost like they're inviting unscrupulous people to write their own times in. How many billions of dollars have they spent on the NextGen initiative, and we're doing this with pens and paper like it's 1975?
We were at WDW for 2 weeks, coming home on 11/9
They were writing in return timed, but most attractions were using different color pens. Not all the same color and not just black or blue.

I think the eventual plan is to use Magicbands. I don't know, but think they might have moved forward more quickly than they planned to because there were a lot of things leaked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW-BWV View Post
So we are looking at FP+ booking for Small World. Our DS is in a WC and needs that boat. Do does it make sense for FP+ return ? Did the add a third line to SW: 1 for WC, FP and stand by?

We're confused in our planning! HELP!
I had to get back to the 'work world' when we got back from vacation, so I didn't get to make a trip report.

Small World's line is the same for wheelchairs as before. What they did for Fastpass (as far as I could see) was just re-arranged the queues used by ambulatory guests.

The one thing we noticed about Small World was that the wait in the wheelchair line was much shorter than we have seen it before and it was only people using mobility devices. Previously, sometimes more than half of the people waiting there did not have mobility devices. I think they were probably not sending people with DAS Return Times to the accessible line.
__________________
SueM in MN
Moderator of disABILITIES
Link to disABILITIES FAQs thread

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #1430
WDW-BWV
Mouseketeer
 
WDW-BWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western New York
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
We were at WDW for 2 weeks, coming home on 11/9 They were writing in return timed, but most attractions were using different color pens. Not all the same color and not just black or blue. I think the eventual plan is to use Magicbands. I don't know, but think they might have moved forward more quickly than they planned to because there were a lot of things leaked. I had to get back to the 'work world' when we got back from vacation, so I didn't get to make a trip report. Small World's line is the same for wheelchairs as before. What they did for Fastpass (as far as I could see) was just re-arranged the queues used by ambulatory guests. The one thing we noticed about Small World was that the wait in the wheelchair line was much shorter than we have seen it before and it was only people using mobility devices. Previously, sometimes more than half of the people waiting there did not have mobility devices. I think they were probably not sending people with DAS Return Times to the accessible line.


SO. --/and can others confirm that using a FP+ for small world would be a waste because there is no difference for a WC????

PLEASE AND THANKS on behalf of our DS.
__________________
First Visit April 1971 - Preview Center
First MK visit 01-01-1972


HoJo's WDW Village
Hilton WDW Village
Port Orleans
Poly
Widerness Lodge Villas
All Start Sports (With 40 kids!)
BW Inn
BWV - DVC
BLT - DVC

Hurricane Charlie
Tropical Storm Faye

KUNGALOOSH!
WDW-BWV is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #1431
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

 
SueM in MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Twin Cities area,Minnesota,USA
Posts: 30,735
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW-BWV View Post
SO. --/and can others confirm that using a FP+ for small world would be a waste because there is no difference for a WC????

PLEASE AND THANKS on behalf of our DS.
FP+ for Small World would make no difference for a guest using a wheelchair.

There is only one line that is wheelchair accessible and it is the same line as previously. That line is too narrow to add another lane for FP+ wheelchair access and the other space in the area is the exit ramp.

This picture shows the wheelchair ramp to board Small World on the left side of the picture and the exit ramp on the right.

Neither are big enough to add another lane.

My understanding is that the Fire Marshall required the wheelchair/accessible boarding and unload area to be on the same side of the water - toward the outside.
__________________
SueM in MN
Moderator of disABILITIES
Link to disABILITIES FAQs thread

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr

Last edited by SueM in MN; 11-22-2013 at 04:58 PM.
SueM in MN is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #1432
WDW-BWV
Mouseketeer
 
WDW-BWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western New York
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
FP+ for Small World would make no difference for a guest using a wheelchair. There is only one line that is wheelchair accessible and it is the same line as previously. That line is too narrow to add another lane for FP+ wheelchair access and the other space in the area is the exit ramp. This picture shows the wheelchair ramp to board Small World on the left side of the picture and the exit ramp on the right. Neither are big enough to add another lane. My understanding is that the Fire Marshall required the wheelchair/accessible boarding and unload area to be on the same side of the water - toward the outside.
Thank you very much! Just as we thought.
__________________
First Visit April 1971 - Preview Center
First MK visit 01-01-1972


HoJo's WDW Village
Hilton WDW Village
Port Orleans
Poly
Widerness Lodge Villas
All Start Sports (With 40 kids!)
BW Inn
BWV - DVC
BLT - DVC

Hurricane Charlie
Tropical Storm Faye

KUNGALOOSH!
WDW-BWV is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #1433
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,065

Is this right? TSM

With a DAS you go to the attraction and get a return time. For example it is now 11am, return time is 12:30. You return at 12:30 and then have to wait another 30 minutes on the ramp (wheelchair accessible line)?
livndisney is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #1434
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

 
SueM in MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Twin Cities area,Minnesota,USA
Posts: 30,735
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
With a DAS you go to the attraction and get a return time. For example it is now 11am, return time is 12:30. You return at 12:30 and then have to wait another 30 minutes on the ramp (wheelchair accessible line)?
This is what happened to us the couple of times we rode TSM.

For example, it is now 11 am. Wait time in the Standby line was 60 minutes.
We were given a Return Time of 11:50

Both times we returned, the wait time on the ramp was short. One time, there was a group (one group) waiting ahead of us when we got there. They got on the accessible car when it came around (a few minutes) and when it came back around, we got on. So we waited about 1 and 1/2 ride cycles.
The other time, the ramp and the boarding area were empty. The CMs said that the accessible ride car had just left, so we had to wait one ride cycle for it to come back. They did 'call' a regular ride car and pull 2 groups ( a total of 8 people) from behind us to board since they did not need the accessible ride car.

This was different than our other trips - we are used to waiting on the ramp for 30 minutes or so at times. That didn't happen on this trip (October 25-November 9, 2013).
The accessible lines for all attractions were shorter waits than we were used to. I don't know if this was just coincidence or was connected to the DAS changes, but it was pretty consistent.
__________________
SueM in MN
Moderator of disABILITIES
Link to disABILITIES FAQs thread

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #1435
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
This is what happened to us the couple of times we rode TSM.

For example, it is now 11 am. Wait time in the Standby line was 60 minutes.
We were given a Return Time of 11:50

Both times we returned, the wait time on the ramp was short. One time, there was a group (one group) waiting ahead of us when we got there. They got on the accessible car when it came around (a few minutes) and when it came back around, we got on. So we waited about 1 and 1/2 ride cycles.
The other time, the ramp and the boarding area were empty. The CMs said that the accessible ride car had just left, so we had to wait one ride cycle for it to come back. They did 'call' a regular ride car and pull 2 groups ( a total of 8 people) from behind us to board since they did not need the accessible ride car.

This was different than our other trips - we are used to waiting on the ramp for 30 minutes or so at times. That didn't happen on this trip (October 25-November 9, 2013).
The accessible lines for all attractions were shorter waits than we were used to. I don't know if this was just coincidence or was connected to the DAS changes, but it was pretty consistent.
That was not the case today. The line was all the way back to the u turn in the line.
livndisney is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #1436
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
That was not the case today. The line was all the way back to the u turn in the line.
I'm sure crowd levels are higher now with Thanksgiving approaching and it's a weekend. I'm sorry you had such a long wait.
lovethattink is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #1437
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

 
SueM in MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Twin Cities area,Minnesota,USA
Posts: 30,735
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
That was not the case today. The line was all the way back to the u turn in the line.
Sorry you didn't have the same experience we did.
__________________
SueM in MN
Moderator of disABILITIES
Link to disABILITIES FAQs thread

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #1438
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
Sorry you didn't have the same experience we did.
So what happened today is what is supposed to happen when it is crowded?
livndisney is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #1439
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,627

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
So what happened today is what is supposed to happen when it is crowded?
I don't think anyone can say for sure until the DAS has been out during a crowded time.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline  
Old 11-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #1440
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,833

I just wanted to update that again when we went to renew YDD's DAS that we were asked why she needed the accommodations. This is prior to the CM even looking at the card or looking her up in the system. And she only had 3 slots filled in on the back for the 2 weeks so still not an overuse of the card.

Maybe because she looks just fine they feel the need to ask but having to re qualify every 2 weeks isn't how it is supposed to work and I really try to not discuss her issues in front of her because she gets upset. She's to the point that she knows people judge her for her behavior but unfortunately that doesn't cure the issues. I guess it is time to write up a note about her needs and just bring it with me when we renew her card.

And we didn't need everyone with us, they just asked if we were still a party of 6 and that was that. So that seems to be a YMMV thing.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: