Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #1411
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Okay... so where do we get the stamp for the attraction? Do we go to the attraction, or some fast pass + kiosk??

If someone could explain, would be appreciated. Am little overwhelmed as it is trying to figure out the whole FP+ and MBs and on and on...

Basically all the rides we would be using DAS for my son would be things that do have FP+.. so does that mean we have to go to the kiosk for that? Buzz, Toy Story, Pooh, Tomorrowland Speedway, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Little Mermaid and Peter Pan - yeah, I think that pretty much is the only rides he goes on.
Anyway... where to go for stamp?

thanks so much in advance for any response, much appreciated.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #1412
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
Okay... so where do we get the stamp for the attraction? Do we go to the attraction, or some fast pass + kiosk??

If someone could explain, would be appreciated. Am little overwhelmed as it is trying to figure out the whole FP+ and MBs and on and on...

Basically all the rides we would be using DAS for my son would be things that do have FP+.. so does that mean we have to go to the kiosk for that? Buzz, Toy Story, Pooh, Tomorrowland Speedway, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Little Mermaid and Peter Pan - yeah, I think that pretty much is the only rides he goes on.

There is not a stamp. You go to the attraction to get assigned a return time. A CM will write on the DAS the return time (similar to FP). At WDW there are not kiosks, you go to the actual ride.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #1413
stitch34
DIS Veteran

thanks... didn't mean to say stamp.. .'return time', you're right. So just straight to whichever attraction then? thank you.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #1414
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post

At WDW, there are no kiosks. You get the return time at the attraction.

It's going to usually be a CM with a clipboard standing somewhere around the entrance to the queue. If it's busy, it will usually be a separate person. If it's not busy, it may be the CM at the Fastpass or Standby entrance.
If you don't see anyone, just ask the first CM you see and they will direct you where to go.

The person the DAS was issued to does NOT need to be at the attraction to get the Return Time, so someone else can take the DAS to the attraction to get a Return Time. The person the DAS was issued yo must be there to go on the attraction though.

If you haven't read the first post on this thread, I would recommend reading it. The first post is a DAS FAQs thread and should answer most of your questions.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 11-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #1415
SchneiderFam
Earning My Ears

I needed a bit of practical advice with both FP+ and the new system. My apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place. My question is this. We got selected to do the FP+, I know most onsite people are. My son is in a WC and at its strictest, we probably don't qualify for a DAS. I'm starting to put together our FP+'s. We love Spaceship Earth and would always go through the side entrance, wait in the WC area, sometimes it's busy, sometimes it's not. We carry my son onto the ride and then off when done. It's one of the few rides, we'll do this on (carry my son on as opposed to a WAV vehicle ride) just because it is a "Happy Place" ride for my family. Would our loading be the same under the new DAS policy or would we get a return time card? I'm trying to figure out if we should use a FP+ for this or if we would be okay with what used to be the regular WC boarding.

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #1416
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderFam View Post
I needed a bit of practical advice with both FP+ and the new system. My apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place. My question is this. We got selected to do the FP+, I know most onsite people are. My son is in a WC and at its strictest, we probably don't qualify for a DAS. I'm starting to put together our FP+'s. We love Spaceship Earth and would always go through the side entrance, wait in the WC area, sometimes it's busy, sometimes it's not. We carry my son onto the ride and then off when done. It's one of the few rides, we'll do this on (carry my son on as opposed to a WAV vehicle ride) just because it is a "Happy Place" ride for my family. Would our loading be the same under the new DAS policy or would we get a return time card? I'm trying to figure out if we should use a FP+ for this or if we would be okay with what used to be the regular WC boarding.

It's been almost a month since we rode Spaceship Earth, but then it was still the same. First come first serve through the accessible entrance. There is signage as to where to enter, same place as before. They were not giving priority to those with FP+ or return times at this entrance when we rode last.

The same thing with jungle cruise at MK. We had a return time and were placed in the accessible queue in order of arrival not based on return times. (Last time we rode was Veterans Day.)
Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #1417
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderFam View Post

Don't waste a FP+ on Spaceship Earth it's still as Sue said for both of those rides. I got a FP+ for Spaceship Earth just because it's one if my son's favorites as well and I wanted to make sure he got to do it. The CM basically told me to change it as soon as they talked to me to get us set up in line. Now they were willing to give us a return time but the line was really short.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #1418
drusba

DIS Veteran

Our experience with DAS for mid-November trip to WDW is that it was not as accomodating as before but when combined with FP+, it was not bad:

1. Had magic bands and FP+ for Nov 8-18. DD is Down Syndrome (now an adult), ambulatory but significantly mentally challenged with some heart issues. Picked up DAS at Studios. Huge line at Guest Services (that proved true almost everywhere at all the parks and one of the main reasons was a large number of guests having problems with their Magic Bands). Fortunately, there was a roaming CM who came up to us and asked if we were seeking DAS and took us out of line, took picture and produced the DAS, so not much time to get it. There were no disability or ambulatory questions asked possibly because ours was obvious but also saw another who had no obvious appearance of a disability, parent informed CM that child was ADD and no further questions were asked and DAS provided. DAS was issued for 14 days to all regardless of how long they were staying (whether less or more than 14 days). You can get another after one expires or if you lose yours. There are a very large number of lines on the back for entries and thus you would really need to do an enormous number of rides to ever fill it completely. The DAS folds like a little book (you can fold it more if desired) and fits easily in a pocket.

2. People in wheel chairs did not need or get DAS. The system as it was before DAS was simply the same for them with either a special accessible line or they go through Fastpass line.

3. To get return time, we went to ride's fastpass line entry (or even stand-by line) and one of the CMs filled in the ride's identity and a return time on the back of the DAS. The return time was the time shown for the stand-by line minus 15 minutes. Thus, if stand-by line was in fact 15 minutes or less, they let you in via fastpass line immediately. We could return any time after the return time given as long as it was the same day. When we returned, we went through FP line and CM at entry crossed out the ride and return time on the DAS. Once crossed out, you can get another return time for a ride.

4. We did not need to get return time for stage type shows such as Mermaid, Philarmagic, Lion King, Nemo, Beast, Disney Junior. Those are done like before where you can enter as part of the disability or fastpass line without getting a return time. If you are also doing FP+ remember that so that you do not waste your FP+ selections on those attractions.

5. We had FP+ set up on My Disney Experience on-line for the Magic Bands for three key rides a day; those actually worked. That allowed us to get a DAS return time at others and then head for one with FP+ and then come back to one on DAS.

Last edited by drusba; 11-20-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #1419
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Is there a list of attractions where people with mobility issues (ecv, wheelchair, can't do stairs, etc) can't go in the FP+ queue? I'd like to be able to plan for which attractions I won't be able to use FP+ or a DAS?

Here's what I've got right now. Some of these I'm not sure about with the addition of the FP+ queues since I don't know if those queues are accessible or not. I'm not sure if I'm missing others from the list.

Magic Kingdom
Dumbo (the FAQ still shows this as having an alternate entrance; is it now accessible?)
Jungle Cruise
Peter Pan (will the new FP queue be accessible?)
It's a Small World

Epcot
Living With the Land
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo and Friends (the new FP+ queue is accessible, correct?)
Turtle Talk with Crush (there used to be a separate entrance for wheelchairs, is it still there? even with this area, is FP+ honored if you show up later just like for people without mobility devices?)

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing anything in DHS or AK that has a FP/FP+ queue where people with mobility needs are directed elsewhere.

How does it work for shows that have limited accessible seating? What about for people who can transfer and park their chair outside?

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
Old 11-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #1420
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
Is there a list of attractions where people with mobility issues (ecv, wheelchair, can't do stairs, etc) can't go in the FP+ queue? I'd like to be able to plan for which attractions I won't be able to use FP+ or a DAS?

Here's what I've got right now. Some of these I'm not sure about with the addition of the FP+ queues since I don't know if those queues are accessible or not. I'm not sure if I'm missing others from the list.

Magic Kingdom
Dumbo (the FAQ still shows this as having an alternate entrance; is it now accessible?)
Jungle Cruise
Peter Pan (will the new FP queue be accessible?)
It's a Small World

Epcot
Living With the Land
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo and Friends (the new FP+ queue is accessible, correct?)
Turtle Talk with Crush (there used to be a separate entrance for wheelchairs, is it still there? even with this area, is FP+ honored if you show up later just like for people without mobility devices?)

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing anything in DHS or AK that has a FP/FP+ queue where people with mobility needs are directed elsewhere.

How does it work for shows that have limited accessible seating? What about for people who can transfer and park their chair outside?
Dumbo is fully accessible.

Jungle Cruise is not, sent to a queue near the exit. It splits to two queues. One on right is for rope boat that can transfer from w/c. One on left is for ropeboat that can't transfer.

Peter Pan is under refurbishment presently. Will have to wait to see if there are changes.

POTC is fully accessible both standby and FP. Only difference is at the exit. At least for those who can transfer.

It's a small world w/c entry is separate. Enter near Pinocchio Haus. I was told to let ourselves in the first gate and wait at the roped off area. And we waited and waited with nobody ahead of us until a cm came.

Living with the Land, FP+ queue is the old w/c queue.

Spaceship Earth, w/c entry same as before

Nemo, FP queue and standby are fully accessible. You go into an additional queue near boarding.

Sorry, I don't know about Turtle Talk.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #1421
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Thank you! That helps a lot.

So for LWTL there's no longer a wheelchair specific queue? Are those in wheelchairs automatically sent into the FP+ queue?

So far it looks like JC, IASW and SE are the only attractions where FP+ or DAS won't be usable and we have to wait and see once PP opens to find out about that one. I guess my only outstanding ones are Turtle Talk and the question about shows.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
Old 11-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #1422
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
Thank you! That helps a lot.

So for LWTL there's no longer a wheelchair specific queue? Are those in wheelchairs automatically sent into the FP+ queue?

So far it looks like JC, IASW and SE are the only attractions where FP+ or DAS won't be usable and we have to wait and see once PP opens to find out about that one. I guess my only outstanding ones are Turtle Talk and the question about shows.
The FP+ queue at LWTL is both for w/c, FP+ and DAS returns. I don't know if they are sent automatically or given return times then that's where they return to?? Twice we've gone on LWTL when there was a 5 minute wait. Each time we were sent the same way as before the changes and FP+ people went the same way; which was odd because it was longer going around that way then straight on the ride as they were loading the standby??
Old 11-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #1423
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Thanks again! This will help with my planning. I've got a month before doing my FP+ selections so I'm starting to think about my touring plans and this kind of info makes a big difference.

JC, IASW, SE and LWTL is my current list of attractions where FP+ and DAS can't be used if you've got a mobility device.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #1424
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

What about the boat ride in Mexico? I seem to remember a wc entrance there as well.

Also, does anyone know if they are issuing return times for the wc only entrances, or they are just letting you enter the queue? Or does it depend?
Old 11-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #1425
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Looking over the last few pages, I'm really surprised to learn that they hand write the return times the old-fashioned way instead of using some kind of machine stamp. It's almost like they're inviting unscrupulous people to write their own times in. How many billions of dollars have they spent on the NextGen initiative, and we're doing this with pens and paper like it's 1975?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: