Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #1081
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly

Curious as to which company u used? I had the same issue, but they corrected it quickly
Buena Vista Scooters
Old 10-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #1082
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanonfire View Post
I wasn't aware the FP line for BTMMR wasn't accessible if you're using a mobility device? Guess seeing as I have a chair it would be pointless me booking a FP+ for it then haha?
That is a good question, my understanding is that if you have a FP or FP+ for an attraction, that you would not need a return time for that attraction.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #1083
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
That is a good question, my understanding is that if you have a FP or FP+ for an attraction, that you would not need a return time for that attraction.
When we were there last week you had return times on FP and FP+. Only the DAS gives you leeway with no return time.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #1084
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairyy2180 View Post
I have the same problem with me son but a portable devices doesn't work. It makes him more hyper
I'm so sorry. Portable devices have become my lifeline. I would go crazy if all the little books and games didn't keep my kids busy.

I like vacations.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #1085
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
When we were there last week you had return times on FP and FP+. Only the DAS gives you leeway with no return time.
Yes, you would still need to return within your window, but my point was that even if you needed the accessible entrance, you are still supposed to be able to use FP/FP+ under the new system and not need to wait for a return time, as you have already waited the same as everyone else.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #1086
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
Yes, you would still need to return within your window, but my point was that even if you needed the accessible entrance, you are still supposed to be able to use FP/FP+ under the new system and not need to wait for a return time, as you have already waited the same as everyone else.
Ok, I guess I'm not understanding. Last week we had FP and FP+ along with our DAS and still had to return at a certain time or couldn't use it. We were 10 min late for Soaring using our FP+ and couldn't get in. I think I see what you are saying now. LOL IDK it's late and I'm sleep deprived.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #1087
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
Ok, I guess I'm not understanding. Last week we had FP and FP+ along with our DAS and still had to return at a certain time or couldn't use it. We were 10 min late for Soaring using our FP+ and couldn't get in. I think I see what you are saying now. LOL IDK it's late and I'm sleep deprived.
i think what cmwade77 is saying is if you have a fast pass and have a wheelchair and need the accessible and the fast pass is for lets 1-2. ANd you arrive at 110 will they allow you in the fast pass line or will they still give you a return time ticket to wait for the accesible car. which will mean more waiting i think that what cmwade means and sorry if i misunderstood it.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #1088
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow View Post
Buena Vista Scooters
I had Apple Scooters.

I did see quite a few (especially elderly) using the canopy with their scooter. It's hard to find shade @ times. I did see where you could order it online.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #1089
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
i think what cmwade77 is saying is if you have a fast pass and have a wheelchair and need the accessible and the fast pass is for lets 1-2. ANd you arrive at 110 will they allow you in the fast pass line or will they still give you a return time ticket to wait for the accesible car. which will mean more waiting i think that what cmwade means and sorry if i misunderstood it.
Sort of, but not quite.
DaisyD was talking about Soarin' which is a Mainstream Line (accessible thru the main line). So, there is no extra wait on Soarin' for an accessible line/ride car.
DaisyD got there 10 minutes after the Fastpass window expired, and they would not let her use the Fastpass.

Using Fastpass or Fastpass Plus, there is a 1 hour window to return. So, you have to be there within the window or not be able to use it.
With a DAS Return Time, there is not a one hour window to use it. You can return at any time after the return time.

If you are using Fastpass, Fastpass Plus or a DAS and need an accessible ride car, there is no separate return time ticket because you already waited your time. You would just come into the Fastpass line.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 10-30-2013, 02:22 AM   #1090
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I was just reading on one of the FP+ threads where people are complaining about offsite guests not being able to get FP+, FP-s running out sooner, and offsite guests having to stand in longer lines. One of the posters said point blank that he planned on getting a DAS for each of his six family members and had no problem lying to get them. He basically said he felt sorry for the people that actually need a DAS, but no way was his family standing in those long lines and he felt no guilt whatsoever about getting one for each of his party, so they could repeatedly use them through out the day. I guess he already has his lies made up as to why each member of his party can't stand in line and will lie and say they won't all be going on the same ride at the same time, so need six DAS. Apparently he plans to have six return times active at all times (one for each DAS). He justified it by basically saying WDW gave him no choice but to cheat the system, when they wouldn't allow them to use FP+. What got me is he point blank said he knew it was wrong, but still had no guilt doing it. With so many people unhappy about FP+ not being available to offsite guests and unhappy about the three FP+ limit, I just wonder how many other people might be planning on abusing the DAS system? I sure hope those CMs ask some very indepth questions if a party of six each need a DAS. Of course they can still lie and that poster already admitted he was planned on doing so.

My mom will be with us in Dec and I think she would probably actually qualify for a DAS (due to her many medical problems), but we had not planned on getting her one, because we figured she could get by with just using an ECV, keeping her out of the sun as much as possible, and shorter park days. We figured there were other people that needed them worse, then I read about this jerk, who doesn't need one at all, but openly admits he has every intention of lying, trying to get six different ones.

Last edited by aubriee; 10-30-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #1091
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I was just reading on one of the FP+ threads where people are complaining about offsite guests not being able to get FP+, FP-s running out sooner, and offsite guests having to stand in longer lines. One of the posters said point blank that he planned on getting a DAS for each of his six family members and had no problem lying to get them. He basically said he felt sorry for the people that actually need a DAS, but no way was his family standing in those long lines and he felt no guilt whatsoever about getting one for each of his party, so they could repeatedly use them through out the day. I guess he already has his lies made up as to why each member of his party can't stand in line and will lie and say they won't all be going on the same ride at the same time, so need six DAS. Apparently he plans to have six return times active at all times (one for each DAS). He justified it by basically WDW gave him no choice but to cheat the system, when they wouldn't allow them to use FP+. What got me is he point blank said he knew it was wrong, but still had no guilt doing it. With so many people unhappy about FP+ not being available to offsite guests and unhappy about the three FP+ limit, I just wonder how many other people might be planning on abusing the DAS system? I sure hope those CMs ask some very indepth questions if a party of six each need a DAS. Of course they can still lie and that poster already admitted he was planned on doing so.

My mom will be with us in Dec and I think she would probably actually qualify for a DAS (due to her many medical problems), but we had not planned on getting her one, because we figured she could get by with just using an ECV, keeping her out of the sun as much as possible, and shorter park days. We figured there were other people that needed them worse, then I read about this jerk, who doesn't need one at all, but openly admits he has every intention of lying, trying to get six different ones.
I worry too about what will happen. Disney answer to so many things is to just wait for FP+, but we do not even know if my resort (my family is military and stays at SOG - other resorts are almost never an option) will have FP+.

Unfortunately, especially with the internet, it is very easy to find out how to lie to get a DAS, which makes things worse for those of us who do need one. And it makes families, who actually do have multiple family members with needs, look bad.

I hope Disney is ready for the craziness - I will be there in January, so I will get to see what it is like as compared to DL.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #1092
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
Sort of, but not quite.
DaisyD was talking about Soarin' which is a Mainstream Line (accessible thru the main line). So, there is no extra wait on Soarin' for an accessible line/ride car.
DaisyD got there 10 minutes after the Fastpass window expired, and they would not let her use the Fastpass.

Using Fastpass or Fastpass Plus, there is a 1 hour window to return. So, you have to be there within the window or not be able to use it.
With a DAS Return Time, there is not a one hour window to use it. You can return at any time after the return time.

If you are using Fastpass, Fastpass Plus or a DAS and need an accessible ride car, there is no separate return time ticket because you already waited your time. You would just come into the Fastpass line.
Okay thanks so I misunderstood I thought cmwade77 was asking in general not for a specific attraction.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #1093
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
I worry too about what will happen. Disney answer to so many things is to just wait for FP+, but we do not even know if my resort (my family is military and stays at SOG - other resorts are almost never an option) will have FP+.

Unfortunately, especially with the internet, it is very easy to find out how to lie to get a DAS, which makes things worse for those of us who do need one. And it makes families, who actually do have multiple family members with needs, look bad.

I hope Disney is ready for the craziness - I will be there in January, so I will get to see what it is like as compared to DL.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought when you ask for a DAS you have to have your entire party with you. If each member of a family is asking for a DAS, and they have to have with them the people they want to be able to accompany them for attractions, I think it would be quite obvious to Guest Relations that these people are trying to cheat the system.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #1094
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought when you ask for a DAS you have to have your entire party with you. If each member of a family is asking for a DAS, and they have to have with them the people they want to be able to accompany them for attractions, I think it would be quite obvious to Guest Relations that these people are trying to cheat the system.
We did not have to have everyone with us. We have 4 kids so 6 in the family but I mostly visit the parks with the 3 little kids. I got the card for 6 though because I did not want to have to wait in line at GR again if we all went to the parks together. N they had no issue with that.

Of course we only have 1 person needing the card in our family so that probably makes a difference.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 10-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #1095
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
We did not have to have everyone with us. We have 4 kids so 6 in the family but I mostly visit the parks with the 3 little kids. I got the card for 6 though because I did not want to have to wait in line at GR again if we all went to the parks together. N they had no issue with that.

Of course we only have 1 person needing the card in our family so that probably makes a difference.
If it is 6 or less, you don't need to all be present, only the person who is requesting the DAS card ( or a person who will ask for them, if they are not able to speak).

Requests for a DAS for more than 6 require a Supervisor to approve and they will ask more questions about your party.
If the total number is more than 6, everyone in the party needs to be present when the DAS is requested.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: