Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #916
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink

This is good to know to prepare my son. What will they do with the old one? If it gets torn in front if him he will freak.
That's been the process with the GAC, my suggestion is to quietly ask the CM to wait until you have left to tear up the old one.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #917
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Thank you for the information about tsm
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #918
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
This is good to know to prepare my son. What will they do with the old one? If it gets torn in front if him he will freak.
You don't have to bring in your GAC to get a DAS.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #919
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
That's been the process with the GAC, my suggestion is to quietly ask the CM to wait until you have left to tear up the old one.
Will do. I did take a picture of it, that should help. Everything holds a special memory for him and he doesn't like to throw things away.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #920
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Will do. I did take a picture of it, that should help. Everything holds a special memory for him and he doesn't like to throw things away.
They previously tore them up so people would not try to reuse them. Since they changed to a totally new system, they may let you keep it.
But, since their process is to tear it up, they might do that automatically, without really thinking about it.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 10-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #921
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

But you Don't have to bring in the GAC to get the DAS!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #922
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
But you Don't have to bring in the GAC to get the DAS!
That is true too.
A lot of people apparently are feeling more comfortable requesting a DAS with their old GAC in hand.
But, bringing it or not bringing it is a choice you can make.

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 10-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #923
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
You don't have to bring in your GAC to get a DAS.
I'm so sorry if I caused you any confusion. My question about the DAS being torn for a new one was in reference to another post about how they have to take a new picture each time, currently. I said it's good to know so I can prepare ds.

But then I asked if the previous DAS will get torn. This was prior practice. Once it was ripped where he could see and he freaked. Usually it was ripped discretely behind the counter and he was none the wiser.

Since this one has his picture he is even more attatched to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
They previously tore them up so people would not try to reuse them. Since they changed to a totally new system, they may let you keep it.
But, since their process is to tear it up, they might do that automatically, without really thinking about it.
Right. I will attatch a post it note, might help.

There are certain words even in his spelling or reading that he will not say because they are too painful to him. Break, rip, torn or any derivatives of these words.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #924
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

When you say they take a new picture every time, do you mean every day or every trip?
Old 10-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #925
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

If you have 2 children in need of a DAS, do you just explain the needs of 1 child or do you bother talking about both of them? 1 DAS will cover both of them.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #926
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
If you have 2 children in need of a DAS, do you just explain the needs of 1 child or do you bother talking about both of them? 1 DAS will cover both of them.
You need a DAS for each. If not then if the DAS child didn't ride the nonDAS child couldn't either.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #927
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
I would recommend one for each of them in case one child does not want to ride something. They look closely at the photo and if the child in the photo is not riding, they will not let you into the line.

To answer the previous question, it is once per trip that they take the photo, unless you fill the card completely with return times, in that case, you would need a new card.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #928
TreeSapp
That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.

Has anyone got a DAS in hand and a ruler (or ruler app for smartphone)? I'd love to know the exact dimensions of the card (yes I'm aware 1st post says roughly 5x7.)

But im making a Mickey-pattern duct tape wallet to hold our DAS (if we get one) and the KTTW cards. This way FIL won't be all freaked out that everyone is putting germs all over the cards then putting them all in our respective wallets (I.e. spreading germs). He's immunocomprised and a germaphobe on top of that :/
Old 10-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #929
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapp View Post
Has anyone got a DAS in hand and a ruler (or ruler app for smartphone)? I'd love to know the exact dimensions of the card (yes I'm aware 1st post says roughly 5x7.)

But im making a Mickey-pattern duct tape wallet to hold our DAS (if we get one) and the KTTW cards. This way FIL won't be all freaked out that everyone is putting germs all over the cards then putting them all in our respective wallets (I.e. spreading germs). He's immunocomprised and a germaphobe on top of that :/
People who have had one, but didn't have a ruler, said it was exactly the same size as a GAC once it was folded in half. That would make it 5 by 7 and, when folded 3.5 by 5, which is the size of a GAC card.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #930
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

When folded in 4, it is just slightly larger than a credit card. And I do mean slightly, as in it still fits in a credit card slot in a wallet when folded in 4.when folded in half, it exactly is the same size as the wdw GAC was. Which is a bit smaller than the DLR one was.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: