Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
H3RRS
Earning My Ears

Tips on working at WDW

Hello fellow Disney Fanatics!

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong board.

I should start off by introducing myself a bit. My name is Michael and I am currently 22 years of age; 23 in two months. I came here, to hopefully gain some knowledge and maybe some tips on the hiring process from former or current WDW employees.

My dream since I was very young, was to work at Disney. I am destined to entertain and create everlasting memories for children and families. As I am beginning to take the journey to work for Disney, I want to make sure I do it right; that's why I am here.

My ultimate goal is to be a character performer at WDW. Currently, I am a mascot for the Triple A Affiliate baseball team of the Yankees. I also work on the "Pinstripe Patrol." The Pinstripe Patrol entertains the thousands of fans at the baseball game; we dance on the dugouts, interact with fans, play games on the field, and so much more!

One of my big questions is, do they hire out of state? I currently reside in Pennsylvania. I would have no issue flying out for a person to person interview. I would move in a heartbeat, if I had a secure position. I am looking into full-time and making a career.

If you guys have any tips or answers to my question(s), I would sincerely appreciate it. There is no way I am going to let this go, I will work for Disney and create magical experiences each and everyday!

Many thank you's and smiles!
-Michael
H3RRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
caseyyy
Earning My Ears

We'll first things first! Have you looked into the College Program?
caseyyy is offline   Reply With Quote