Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Leia's Mom
Goofy Runner

October trip -- some advice?

We are heading to Disneyland for a long weekend in October (Columbus Day weekend). My older daughter (Leia) is a HUGE Nightmare fan, and I promised to let her see the Haunted Mansion before I lose her to the horrid, awful thing that is college I have been before, and the children are WDW vets (and have recently done DLP). So, we don't have to see EVERYTING. A couple of questions:

1. We have the Fantasmic Dessert package. I don't want to burn too much time waiting around. It says to get there at 8 but I hear recommendations to get there earlier. We don't care THAT much about having the best view. Any thoughts? We'll probably do DL that day just to avoid the travel time.

2. For the Halloween Party, we'll probably do CA that day (just to break it up). What time should we head in to get the most out of it? Since I have park hoppers, it doesn't really matter all that much.

3. For the Halloween Party, how are the lines at the attractions? What attractions should we wait to hit during the party as opposed to wasting a Saturday waiting in line for?

4. Any tips on best places for the Jack merchandise?

Thanks all!
Leia's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia's Mom View Post
We are heading to Disneyland for a long weekend in October (Columbus Day weekend). My older daughter (Leia) is a HUGE Nightmare fan, and I promised to let her see the Haunted Mansion before I lose her to the horrid, awful thing that is college I have been before, and the children are WDW vets (and have recently done DLP). So, we don't have to see EVERYTING. A couple of questions:

1. We have the Fantasmic Dessert package. I don't want to burn too much time waiting around. It says to get there at 8 but I hear recommendations to get there earlier. We don't care THAT much about having the best view. Any thoughts? We'll probably do DL that day just to avoid the travel time. If it doesn't matter, then get there at 8 pm. Park hopping takes minutes, so there isn't a lot of travel time.

2. For the Halloween Party, we'll probably do CA that day (just to break it up). What time should we head in to get the most out of it? Since I have park hoppers, it doesn't really matter all that much. You are right...it doesn't matter since you have PH. DL will be crowded during the time they let the part guests enter the park and the time the party starts.

3. For the Halloween Party, how are the lines at the attractions? What attractions should we wait to hit during the party as opposed to wasting a Saturday waiting in line for? The lines are okay during the party. I suggest doing HMH and SMGG during the day because their lines are insane during the party, and FP is not offered.

4. Any tips on best places for the Jack merchandise?
You will find it all over. Especially check out the store in NOS across from POTC exit.
Thanks all!
Have fun. It will be a very busy weekend.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Leia's Mom
Goofy Runner

Thanks. I'm a little worried about the crowds. We are there for 3.5 days. However, I think our savings grace is that the only items we HAVE to do are things that are new or different from DLP and WDW. The list I am thinking, right now are:

HMH (3 times or so)
Pirates
Space Mountain
Matterhorn
Nemo
California Screamin'
Cars Land
Indiana Jones

Each person gets to pick 3 things that are "must do" items for each trip. The 15 year old picked HMH, a cream cheese pretzel, and a photo with Pooh.

9 year old picked Cars Land, HMH, and Space Mountain

As for me, it is HMH, Space Mountain, and Cars Land.

DH will go with whatever we say. So, I'm figuring it will be a fantastic weekend.
Leia's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

I suggest getting FP for SM.
Get on HMH as early as possible. I have heard they may not be offering FP this year.
Use Single rider line for Matterhorn.
FP and SR for Indy, Ca Screamin and RSR.
Nemo is good to get first thing, or during fireworks. The queue is really slow later in the day.
Pooh is usually in Critter Country after Splash Mts entrance.

I am sure you guys will have a wonderful time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: