Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

I get to go again this year! Woohoo!

After our last trip in March, where I basically went crazy and checked off a whole bunch of items on my DL bucket list, I promised DH that I wouldn't press him to go again for a while.

Well... I'm not pressing HIM to go again, but I'm going to take my Mom, my little sister (14 years old and has only been once before... poor kid), and our son, who will have just turned 5 when we go the first week of December.

My Mother has had a really tough year, so I wanted to do something nice for her. She's wanted to go to Disneyland with my son since the day he was born (by the time I was his age, she'd already taken me upwards of ten times; we lived in Southern California and it was much cheaper then), but it just hasn't worked out thus far. So the other day, I was talking to my husband about trying to think of something to do for her and suddenly, I just blurted out, "I'm taking her to Disneyland!". Thankfully he has a pretty good sense of humor, and he just laughed, shook his head, and said, "As long as I don't have to go. A whole trip full of Disney AND a moody fourteen year old girl? I'm thinking... no".

Well that's fine with me! So I'm back after a few months away from the boards (it's TORTURE to come and see all of the fun trip reports and planning threads and know that you're not going anytime soon lol), and I'll be lurking and posting here and there while I prepare. Yay! :D

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
aleighc1
Mad in Wonderland

How nice of you to take your mother and let her make those memories with your son! (we took my mom on our family trip this spring partly because we wanted help and partly because I have such fond memories of going with my grandparents, I wanted the same for her and my kids) It's such a great feeling when you realize you are going back much sooner than you expected! I would love to go to DL during the Christmas season, how lucky you are to be going then! Have fun
aleighc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Midnightred
DIS Veteran

Yipee! Know how excited you must be!!!

Midnightred
Midnightred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Yay for you! I just got back from a short trip with my Mom and it was really nice to go together for the first time since I was a kid. It's nice when we can treat our moms to something nice, especially when they need some TLC.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
It's nice when we can treat our moms to something nice, especially when they need some TLC.

PHXscuba
It really is! I'd love to take my Dad, too, but he's like my husband and would really rather just stay home. So it'll be the girls and my little Bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleighc1 View Post
(we took my mom on our family trip this spring partly because we wanted help and partly because I have such fond memories of going with my grandparents, I wanted the same for her and my kids) It's such a great feeling when you realize you are going back much sooner than you expected! I would love to go to DL during the Christmas season, how lucky you are to be going then! Have fun
That's partly why I want to do this, too. I loved going to Disneyland with my Grandparents. They were with us on nearly all of our trips when I was a child (in the early to mid-eighties). They were a big part of my Disneyland experience growing up. I want my kids to have those kinds of memories with my parents, too

And, yes, I'm SO excited about going back during the holidays! I LOVE Disneyland at Christmas! You just can't get any more cheery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightred View Post
Yipee! Know how excited you must be!!!

Midnightred
Thanks! I'm even more excited because neither my Mom, nor my little sister have ever been to DCA. I'm kind of glad that they're experiencing it after all the changes. And since we didn't get to do WOC in March (DH threw out his back the day before we were planning on seeing it, and we ended up back at the hotel early the day of because it was really hurting him, and I was exhausted from pushing a 200+ man around in a wheelchair all day), I get to experience that for the first time with them

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
profa
Mouseketeer

I took my mom last yr for her bday too. I kind of had to twist her arm but I think she had fun going w/ the 3 grandkids. We live in WA and already had plans to visit her while she was wintering in So Cal. Since she was only an 1 hr away, I though we couldn't pass it up. So like you, I ended up going 2x that yr. but hubby wasn't as pleased as yours to miss out!
profa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
julieheyer
Crazy for the Mouse!

Wow! This is so similar to me! My dh doesn't want to go, but he's going to Europe in Feb w. his bff for 10 days. As a result, my dd's and I get to go vacation wherever we want! Not too many places I'd like to take my girls w.o. dh, but DL is perfect! He's tired of going (we did 4 days last Nov.) and the girls and I went for a day in Mar. But, we're talking about getting annual passes and going a few times! We'd have to go 3 times to make it worthwhile.... so we're still deciding if it'll be APs or just 2 trips. Either way, I'm thrilled to go again!! I love DL!! I too don't hang out unless there's a trip on the way. It's too hard.

ixiedust:

Past trips: Mar. 2013, Nov 2012, Oct. 2011, Mar. 2009, June 2006... Can't remember before that!
julieheyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Midnightred
DIS Veteran

You will love WOC! Especially with people you love, it conjurs up so much emotion.

Midnightred
Midnightred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Have fun!! My mom has gone with us a couple times and had so much fun! Trying to talk my dad into now, lol! He's missing out for sure

Have a great time!!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: