Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
DizNights
Living Walt's Dream

WDW Locals?

Hello All! I've been a member of the DisBoards for a while now, but I'm just getting around to getting involved and posting. I'm a local Orlandoan (or whatever you call someone that lives in Orlando). When I first moved to the area, I had to go to the parks by myself quite a bit. It was okay at first, but honestly, it got quite boring after a while.

I'm curious to know how many of you live here in Orlando, and love going to the parks on a regular basis. I think WDW for locals is quite a different thing than visiting just on vacation from out-of-town. I like to hear how locals make the most of their WDW time.
DizNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
Nick C
Earning My Ears

Hey, how's it going? I'm local enough; I live up in Lake Mary.

I actually just got my AP a few weeks ago, so the WDW parks are all brand new to me. I've been exploring them like any other tourist so far, but I'm sure that'll change as I learn my way around.

I've been a Universal passholder for a year now, though, and usually hit it up every few weeks. I go more often when the crowds are slower, but I make a point of going a few times when it's busy since there's so much more energy and excitement. Generally speaking I prefer to get there early and hit a few rides before going on about my day when the crowds start to pick up, so I'm sure I'll eventually start doing the same at WDW.
Nick C is offline   Reply With Quote