Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
bauzkraut
Earning My Ears

Fastpass +? Florida seasonal pass? Room only resi??

Background info... We have been to WDW too many times to count when our children were young, but this Jan trip will be completely different. It will be DH and I only as last DD has started college this fall. We will also be Florida residents for the first time and buying our seasonal passes when we arrive for our room only resi. This will also be our first visits using fast pass +
1. Will we be able to make fast pass + requests with room only resi?
2. Will we be able to book a Florida resident room only or discount (just hoping for one) if we have not yet picked up our Florida resident passes?
3. If we decide we want dining plan, do we have to buy 1 day park tickets to add dinning plan?
4. If we buy the 1 day park tickets can we upgrade those to seasonal passes? Can we pass them along to houseguests we may have?
5. Do you get magic bands when you buy a seasonal pass?
I've read the stickies and looked over the threads but cannot find the answers. I'm sure all of these questions have been asked before so I apologize for my lack of knowledge.
Thanks in advance!
bauzkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
purvislets
Disney Crazy Mom of Three!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauzkraut View Post
Background info... We have been to WDW too many times to count when our children were young, but this Jan trip will be completely different. It will be DH and I only as last DD has started college this fall. We will also be Florida residents for the first time and buying our seasonal passes when we arrive for our room only resi. This will also be our first visits using fast pass +
1. Will we be able to make fast pass + requests with room only resi?
2. Will we be able to book a Florida resident room only or discount (just hoping for one) if we have not yet picked up our Florida resident passes?
3. If we decide we want dining plan, do we have to buy 1 day park tickets to add dinning plan?
4. If we buy the 1 day park tickets can we upgrade those to seasonal passes? Can we pass them along to houseguests we may have?
5. Do you get magic bands when you buy a seasonal pass?
I've read the stickies and looked over the threads but cannot find the answers. I'm sure all of these questions have been asked before so I apologize for my lack of knowledge.
Thanks in advance!
1. Unfortunately, no. Having an on site ressie only opens up the fp+ window 60 days in advance. You will not be able to choose any fp+ without having your passes linked to your MDE account.

2. As long as you are a resident of FL you can book a FL Resident room discount without having your passes. We do it all the time! You just have to prove your residency.

3. I'm not 100% sure on this. It used to be that the dining plan was only available with room/ticket packages (which is why we never used to get it) but I seem to remember seeing where that wasn't a requirement anymore. I could be wrong though.

4. 1 day passes can be upgraded, but I'm not sure if you have to do it before you use them or not. I'm currently trying to find out the same thing. Best bet is to go to Guest Relations before entering the park to upgrade. As for the second part of your question, NO! FL Resident seasonal passes are non transferable.

5. Being a seasonal passholder does entitle you to free magic bands! You will also get another set when you are staying on property.

Lauren (29) DH Josh (30) Natalie (8) Evan (5) Emilia (1-1/2) ~~Forever Missing Baby Opal ~~
Oct 2007: Pop Century, MK and MGM , Oct 2008: Pop Century, 4 parks, Mommy's first pregnant trip! , Feb 2009: Pop Century, MK, DHS, AK ,
Aug 2009: Mommy and Daddy's Alone Day Trip to All 4 Parks, Oct 2009: Pop Century Resort, 4 parks, Evan's 1st trip! ,
April 16-18, 2010:Animal Kingdom Lodge, Natalie's 4th Birthday Trip! , April 30-May 2, 2010: Cabins at Ft Wilderness, Evan's 1st Birthday Trip!
June 2012: Cabins at Ft Wilderness, Preggo with Emilia!, January 2013: Pop Century, Emilia's first trip!,
October 18-19, 2014:Caribbean Beach Resort, Mommy and Daddy's 10 Year Anniversary Trip!
purvislets is offline   Reply With Quote