Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
megnboby
Earning My Ears

Question Brand New here and Very Confused

Hi there! I have been reading through this site/board and I am very confused about all of it. If someone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate the help.
I am in the process of planning a Summer 2015 vacation for my family of 4. My husband is a 100% DAV and we have been quoted a couple of rates for staying at the Beach/Yacht Club Resorts. This will be our second trip. We stayed at WL two years ago. We do not want to stay at SOG because of wanting the dining plan and being able to use the child activity centers for our two young girls. We rarely get a date night so having that perk is huge for my husband and I.
A good friend referred me to this board after telling me that her cousin got a great deal through buying DVC members points. I am interested in learning more about this and seeing if it could save my family any more than the military discount would.
Thank you in advance!

Megan
megnboby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Check the threads titled "Disney Vacation Club" to find out information on buying points. The DVC threads are just below this set (Disney Trip Planning Forum) of threads.

Hopefully this will give you the information you need.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
fluffykalie
Mouseketeer

davids vaction club rentals and the dvc rental store are both better business bureau credited. there are indvidual dvc members that rent points for a lower price but you do run the risk of getting scamed.
fluffykalie is offline   Reply With Quote