Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
gorkt
Mouseketeer

Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package

How bad is that restaurant at dinner, really?

I went ages ago to the breakfast when the kids were little for the characters, and I remember it being okay, nothing to write home about, but not terrible.

I wasn't planning on doing Fantasmic, but the Glow with the Show thing got my kids all excited and since I am not 100% sure we will get FP+ for our trip, I went ahead and booked the dining package with this restaurant. I chose this, reluctantly, over the other two choices since I have been at MM two times before and the Brown Derby doesn't really have food my kids would eat.
DS Orion 9

Many trips as a child and young adult
Dec 2006 - First Family Trip - BWV / All Star Music Suites
Nov 2009 - 10 day Wilderness extravaganza - 5 nights Cabins/5 Nights WLV
Nov 2013 - AoA Finding Nemo - Nov 2-11th

Hopefully returning in 2015-2016!
gorkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
KelnRon
Mouseketeer

I just booked this today. Interested in opinions.
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Tara1988
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkt View Post
How bad is that restaurant at dinner, really?

I went ages ago to the breakfast when the kids were little for the characters, and I remember it being okay, nothing to write home about, but not terrible.

I wasn't planning on doing Fantasmic, but the Glow with the Show thing got my kids all excited and since I am not 100% sure we will get FP+ for our trip, I went ahead and booked the dining package with this restaurant. I chose this, reluctantly, over the other two choices since I have been at MM two times before and the Brown Derby doesn't really have food my kids would eat.
I've done breakfast there once and lunch there once. But I'm sure lunch and dinner are pretty similar. Lunch wasn't good, but it was decent enough for us to eat and get full off of. Of course it's hard to mess up breakfast, so that's our favorite meal there. There's no way I would try brown derby. It's too expensive and has mostly negative reviews. We are doing mama Melrose for the package on Monday. I did end up getting FP+ but kept the package anyway since it will be my only chance to get a steak on our trip. But if you don't want MM again, I'd suggest keeping H&V and hoping for FP+ later so you will be open for better meal choices.
Tara1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

H&V has lots to eat on the buffet for all ages. No characters at dinner - unless they have changed it since 2012.

We love Brown Derby - but our DS & DD are not young any more - both over 18. It is their new favorite place to eat. And the love the pictures on the walls and the less noise at Brown Derby.
H&V can get a bit noisey.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: