Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #61
sookie
DIS Veteran

That is one of the best meet and greets ever!
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #62
benji2012
Mouseketeer

Just joining in! Can't wait to hear more!
benji2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 01:08 AM   #63
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholastica View Post
Ack!!! How awesome! That is probably the best M&G ever! Also I want a do over and have my bachelorette party at MK. What a fun day!
I know, me too! For my bachelorette party I organized it myself (most of what we did at this one was a surprise for the bride) and we just went out to dinner. I kind of wish we'd been able to do something a little more exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookie View Post
That is one of the best meet and greets ever!
It really was incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2012 View Post
Just joining in! Can't wait to hear more!
Welcome along! Happy to have you!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #64
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
We walked in... and were greeted with every princes that was in the parade!

Oh, man, that is unbelievably awesome!

Quote:
Plus, seeing the princes interact together was a lot of fun. They teased each other a lot about whose outfit was better and made references to their princesses.
That sounds like such fun! And I like how they were in character giving you a wave or other shout out -- Aladdin and Prince Eric are both pointing, but one's doing it like a street rat and the other like a born prince who isn't much for royal fussiness.

Quote:
On the way we stopped for a castle picture. After all, I had pictures with all the other princes - now I needed a picture with my prince!
Heh. Right about the citrus swirl pic, I was thinking you had the best prince of all those pictured here.

I like the pic of you two in front of the castle, but the one of you guys on Buzz is extra fun; he's so focused and I agree with whoever said you look mischievous there.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #65
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

Oh, man, that is unbelievably awesome!

That sounds like such fun! And I like how they were in character giving you a wave or other shout out -- Aladdin and Prince Eric are both pointing, but one's doing it like a street rat and the other like a born prince who isn't much for royal fussiness.

Heh. Right about the citrus swirl pic, I was thinking you had the best prince of all those pictured here.

I like the pic of you two in front of the castle, but the one of you guys on Buzz is extra fun; he's so focused and I agree with whoever said you look mischievous there.
Yes, I love how special they made us feel, pointing us out during the parade! They were very good at staying in character, which is extra impressive since so many of them are only in the parade and don't really get to interact much with the general public face-to-face.

I love fun pictures, especially ride pictures! I like to get the PhotoPass plus but since we only had a few park days and most were half days this trip it didn't really make sense. But it is nice that Disney doesn't care if you take a picture of your picture!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #66
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Bachelorette Party!

For the night time portion of the bachelorette party, we were heading to Downtown Disney first - and then we had some non-Disney things planned!

We went to Splitsville for dinner. We were originally planning to bowl and eat, but most people didn't arrive on time and we were on a bit of a schedule, so we decided just to eat instead. I like bowling and kind of wish we could've done it, but I think things would've just been too hectic. We had a group of about 12 at this point.

They sat at us at a really nice round table upstairs that we were able to squeeze everyone around. The chairs were these fancy leather chairs on wheels that were super comfy and not at all what you would expect at a restaurant! I ordered the Parmesan chicken tenders, which were really good:

After eating we had to head out to our next destination - which was a pole dancing class! Sorry, I won't be sharing pictures from this segment of the trip But let's just suffice it to say that it was much more of a workout than I was expecting!

We had a limo pick us up after the class, and we headed to Universal CityWalk. Unfortunately Disney doesn't have much of a late night atmosphere happening - I think that's one thing they're missing now that they got rid of Pleasure Island. So we were on our way to CityWalk instead!

It was actually my first time in a limo except for one trip when I was very young (I didn't have a limo for my own wedding, and for prom we had a party bus instead!). It was kind of fun, and a good way to transport multiple people, though I wonder if limos are perhaps a bit overrated. We also busted out the goodies for the evening - a pin and veil for the bride, and glow rings for everyone!

At least in a limo you can all cram together for a group picture!

We decided to go to the Rising Star karaoke bar. It's actually not karaoke but a live band, which is awesome. I'd been here once before and performed and it was such an incredible experience! It was pretty crowded so I decided not to try and sing this time. However, the bride did - and she got called onto the stage and did a fantastic job! I had never heard her sing before but she sounded great! She performed Miranda Lambert, Kerosene.

We had said we might check out another club after Rising Star, but this one was so addicting we just stayed there til 12:30, when we had to leave because the limo was picking us up. I'm really glad we stayed there because I like it. We had a big table way in the back and were all singing and dancing to everything. I'm not really into most current music so I don't particularly enjoy clubs, but since this was karaoke it had a good variety of new stuff, country (my favorite genre!), and oldies/classics. My kind of music!

One of the bridesmaids also got the chance to sing. She was called up at 12:25, right before we had to leave, so it was perfect timing! She did "Before He Cheats," by Carrie Underwood (which is the song I did last time when I was there!)

Before we left CityWalk we made sure to get one more group shot!

The limo picked us up and then dropped us all off at our resorts. I got back to the room around 1:30am and fell asleep almost immediately! We had to be up in the morning to do Wild Africa Trek!

By the way, if anyone is looking for something to do at night and can get off property, I highly recommend Rising Star at CityWalk. It is so much fun and I really wish Disney had pretty much the same exact thing. If it was at Disney I would probably be there at least once every trip!

Last edited by librarygeek; 10-03-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #67
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

wow, sounds like you all had a lot of fun!

I agree about Disney missing the night-time element now without PI .... I'm not a big club person either but had fun at places like the Beach Club and especially my beloved Adventurers Club - really hope something comes back when they are done with Disney Springs (though the names sounds more like a retirement community than a center of night-life activities)

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
**NOW COMPLETE!** Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #68
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Joining in. I also had to subscribe to your blog after clicking your link. I really enjoyed your gift guide.

It sounds like you and your husband had a very memorable trip.

My jaw dropped when I read about your meet and greet with the Princes. What an incredible opportunity!

The bachelorette party looks like so much fun.

I can't wait to read about your Wild Africa Trek experience.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #69
JessM
We all have a dream

What a fun Bachelorette Party!

One of my BFs friend's, fiances (that's a mouthful) did a pole dancing class during her Bachelorette party and she said it was a blast, it sounds fun!

The Karoke bar looks fun too! Karoke is my favorite thing to do on a cruise, I go almost ever night! I never sing because I'm terrible but I love to listen
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #70
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #71
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh wow!!! What a totally fun bachelorette party! That particular bar at CityWalk looks like a blast. Someday, DD and I will make our way over to that part of Orlando, but now until she is quite a bit older.
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #72
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After eating we had to head out to our next destination - which was a pole dancing class! Sorry, I won't be sharing pictures from this segment of the trip But let's just suffice it to say that it was much more of a workout than I was expecting!
I think pole dancing is a lot like ballet, and part of that is that they are both extremely athletic forms of dancing. Belly dance and dances that originated as folk dances are a lot more forgiving.

Quote:
I highly recommend Rising Star at CityWalk. It is so much fun and I really wish Disney had pretty much the same exact thing. If it was at Disney I would probably be there at least once every trip!
I wonder if CityWalk benefits from being more centrally located so they can attract more locals and more people who're in town for reasons other than the parks. Downtown Disney and WDW in general are way off on the edge of the city, meaning they're a less convenient place for locals and also more hassle to get to for people in Orlando for non-Disney reasons. CityWalk, OTOH, is not far out and right off the highway.

Sounds like a fun night!

Last edited by shalom; 10-04-2013 at 10:46 AM.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #73
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

Just joining in because I have never seen non-promotional pictures of a wedding at Disney and I just can't stay away. When my husband and I got married in 2007 I had the choice of a Disney wedding with only a few people there, or a wedding in my hometown with everyone there and a Disney honeymoon - I chose the honeymoon. But we're currently saving up for a tenth anniversary vow renewal trip.

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #74
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
wow, sounds like you all had a lot of fun!

I agree about Disney missing the night-time element now without PI .... I'm not a big club person either but had fun at places like the Beach Club and especially my beloved Adventurers Club - really hope something comes back when they are done with Disney Springs (though the names sounds more like a retirement community than a center of night-life activities)
I really wish I could have experienced the Adventurers Club. I've heard so many great things about it and would have loved to have gone there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Joining in. I also had to subscribe to your blog after clicking your link. I really enjoyed your gift guide.

It sounds like you and your husband had a very memorable trip.

My jaw dropped when I read about your meet and greet with the Princes. What an incredible opportunity!

The bachelorette party looks like so much fun.

I can't wait to read about your Wild Africa Trek experience.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the blog. It was a pretty wonderful trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
What a fun Bachelorette Party!

One of my BFs friend's, fiances (that's a mouthful) did a pole dancing class during her Bachelorette party and she said it was a blast, it sounds fun!

The Karoke bar looks fun too! Karoke is my favorite thing to do on a cruise, I go almost ever night! I never sing because I'm terrible but I love to listen
Pole dancing was fun, but it was a huge arm work out and I do not have a lot of upper arm strength! I was pretty sore and bruised after that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh wow!!! What a totally fun bachelorette party! That particular bar at CityWalk looks like a blast. Someday, DD and I will make our way over to that part of Orlando, but now until she is quite a bit older.
Yes, it's definitely my favorite spot on CityWalk! When your DD is older I'm sure she will love it!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #75
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
I think pole dancing is a lot like ballet, and part of that is that they are both extremely athletic forms of dancing. Belly dance and dances that originated as folk dances are a lot more forgiving.

I wonder if CityWalk benefits from being more centrally located so they can attract more locals and more people who're in town for reasons other than the parks. Downtown Disney and WDW in general are way off on the edge of the city, meaning they're a less convenient place for locals and also more hassle to get to for people in Orlando for non-Disney reasons. CityWalk, OTOH, is not far out and right off the highway.

Sounds like a fun night!
Good point - I do a lot of dancing for the play I'm in, and while that's also athletic, pole dancing was athletic in a way that I was not used to!

I would guess that probably helps for CityWalk. Though the disadvantage is that since it's right next to the theme parks it doesn't have its own parking lot. So you have to go to the parking garage, go through security, walk all the way down there, etc. So that's kind of an inconvenience compared to DTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimeg16 View Post
Just joining in because I have never seen non-promotional pictures of a wedding at Disney and I just can't stay away. When my husband and I got married in 2007 I had the choice of a Disney wedding with only a few people there, or a wedding in my hometown with everyone there and a Disney honeymoon - I chose the honeymoon. But we're currently saving up for a tenth anniversary vow renewal trip.
That's so exciting! I had the same option - Disney wedding with a few people or bigger wedding at home with a Disney honeymoon, and I made the same choice as you. I haven't quite gotten my husband on board for the vow renewal idea yet, but there's still time for it - even if we do a 20 year one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: