Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #46
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

ooooh, a M&G tease .... feels like how they cut to commercial right before telling us which dish was on the chopping block on, um, well, Chopped

Great pics and glad you are happy with your Splash ones. That really is such a great ride! Always wonder what Walt would have thought seeing that view from the top looking out over all of the Magic Kingdom

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #47
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Bummer about the monorail. I love that thing, but must confess I feel a bit of trepidation riding it any more. The MK is the best way to start a WDW vacation, IMHO, but not if you miss the opening show!

Only half kidding.

I can't wait until they finished the dwarf mine -- dunno if I'll ever ride it, but going on the rest of New Fantasyland I think it's going to be beautiful and I'm just dying to see the whole thing complete.

Wish your lunch had been better. Disappointing lunches justify a Mickey bar or similar snazzy snack, right?

Really liked your Splash Mountain pics, but also enjoyed this one, which is of something I didn't notice while there:

Plus, where but the Dis do I get enthused about a picture of piled up broken dishes?
Haha I know what you mean - I hate missing the opening show! Like this time around. Unfortunately it wouldn't make any sense to get there for opening when my friends weren't coming until 10, and they were the ones getting DH into the park!

You can bet I had a good snack later that afternoon!

And thanks on the photo! That one was I think towards the beginning of the Little Mermaid queue. Everyone is distracted by those crabs that are trying to sort the objects (or whatever that little game is), but if you turn around you find that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
ooooh, a M&G tease .... feels like how they cut to commercial right before telling us which dish was on the chopping block on, um, well, Chopped

Great pics and glad you are happy with your Splash ones. That really is such a great ride! Always wonder what Walt would have thought seeing that view from the top looking out over all of the Magic Kingdom
Haha I love Chopped! It comes on and I'm always like, "I'll just watch the appetizer round," and then I have to wait through commercial to see who gets chopped and then they go right into the next round and I'm hooked for the whole episode!

I love imagining what Walt would think of that view, I'm sure he would love it
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #49
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Great update! I loved the Splash pictures, especially. Very cool!

I can't wait to hear about the meet-and-greet!!!
Thanks! I'm excited to go on Splash again next trip to try and get some more pictures!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #50
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

The Best Character Meet and Greet!

Here it is! Well, at least it was the best character meet and greet that I've ever experienced. I'm sure other people have other great stories to tell, but this was a pretty unique opportunity.

One of the girls we were with was "friends with" Aladdin, and had arranged a private meet and greet before he was to appear in the 3:00 parade. She thought Jasmine might be there as well. We were taken back by a cast member to a room right next to the Barber shop, right near where the parade starts. We walked in... and were greeted with every princes that was in the parade!

It was pretty incredible. How often do you get to meet most of (not to mention any) of the princes?? There were all there and it was so cool! Plus, we had a good bit of time with them - we probably spent about 10 to 15 minutes there. Everyone was able to get individual pictures with each of the princes:

I mean, I don't think you can even meet Prince Eric anywhere in the parks normally!! Having all of the princes was pretty much the perfect meet and greet for a bachelorette party too Plus, seeing the princes interact together was a lot of fun. They teased each other a lot about whose outfit was better and made references to their princesses. It was really amazing! I thought I had been lucky to meet a couple of princes during the True Love week in February, but this just blew it out of the water!

After saying our goodbyes to our dear princes, we went out to watch the parade right by the barber shop. I'm pretty sure we got a special wave from many of the princes too!

It was my first time actually watching the parade, and I enjoyed it. It was a little shorter than I realized, though that may have been because we were right where it started. It was fun, and there are some neat characters in the parade!

My DH had gone off to do some rides alone as he's not really interested in meeting characters. By that time most of the girls were heading back to their rooms to get ready for dinner and the plans we had for the evening. So I met up with DH, who said he was in Adventureland. Well, not only was he in Adventureland... but he had a citrus swirl waiting for me!

So sweet He knew how much I enjoyed it on my last trip and wanted to make sure I had one this time around! After devouring the citrus swirl we decided to get in one more ride on Buzz Lightyear, since he had fastpasses for it. On the way we stopped for a castle picture. After all, I had pictures with all the other princes - now I needed a picture with my prince!

We had fun on Buzz - I'm pretty sure I beat him for the first time Thanks to my friends I was with in June showing me some of the secrets! I still have yet to beat DH in Toy Story Mania though.

We then headed out of MK and back to AKL so I could get changed and ready for the evening bachelorette party festivities! DH was looking forward to a relaxing evening in the hotel room with his computer
Old 09-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #51
JessM
We all have a dream

OMG! I am SOOOOOOO jealous of your Princes Meet and Greet! How magical! Great pics! Those are some pretty good looking princes, and all in one spot, how cool!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #52
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

HOLY MOLY Becky, that Meet and Greet in UNREAL!!!!! Even coming from a guy that is amazing and one of a kind. It sounds like they all stayed "in character" to which I am really happy to hear.

Awww, a citrus swirl waiting. That is precious. Hmmm, or maybe someone was intimidated by all the prince attention.

Seriously though, sounds like you got a great guy there.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #53
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
OMG! I am SOOOOOOO jealous of your Princes Meet and Greet! How magical! Great pics! Those are some pretty good looking princes, and all in one spot, how cool!
I know, they were pretty good looking! I have to say that I am a Prince Naveen fan, but Eric was pretty gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
HOLY MOLY Becky, that Meet and Greet in UNREAL!!!!! Even coming from a guy that is amazing and one of a kind. It sounds like they all stayed "in character" to which I am really happy to hear.

Awww, a citrus swirl waiting. That is precious. Hmmm, or maybe someone was intimidated by all the prince attention.

Seriously though, sounds like you got a great guy there.
It was such a unique opportunity! Even though we were backstage they did stay in character, though it felt a little more of an "informal" in character which was a lot of fun. They were still the Princes but they seemed totally relaxed and loved joking around with each other!

lol, it is true I do have my own Prince Charming! We think along the same lines a lot... I was going to suggest we get a citrus swirl when we met up again, and lo and behold there was already one waiting for me!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #54
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

That was surely the BEST Meet & Greet I've ever seen!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #55
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a great character meet and great surprise.

When you said they were joking around and stuff made me wonder what a Real World type show would be with all the princes and princesses living in a house together

This is the true story - true story - if six princes and six princesses who were asked to live in a house together. Find our when people stop being royal and start being real. The Real World - Orlando!

All sorts of drama with Ariel taking super long showers, someone triping over Aladdin's carpet, or Beast accidentally smashing Cinderella's glades slipper

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #56
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

That EPIC M&G beats any that I have seen or will see!! Your radiant smile says it all!! How awesome to be able to chat with all of them backstage.

It looks like Prince Eric is pointing to you from the parade float.

I discovered the world of Dole Whip products this last trip and I have to say that your photo gave me a craving. Yum!

I love the Buzz photo. It looks like DH is concentrating and you have a mischievous look.

Looking forward to hearing about your evening plans.
emmysmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #57
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
That was surely the BEST Meet & Greet I've ever seen!
It's hard to imagine a meet and greet that could rival it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Wow, what a great character meet and great surprise.

When you said they were joking around and stuff made me wonder what a Real World type show would be with all the princes and princesses living in a house together

This is the true story - true story - if six princes and six princesses who were asked to live in a house together. Find our when people stop being royal and start being real. The Real World - Orlando!

All sorts of drama with Ariel taking super long showers, someone triping over Aladdin's carpet, or Beast accidentally smashing Cinderella's glades slipper
Ahahaha that would be amazing! Someone needs to make that happen, I'm sure it would be a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
That EPIC M&G beats any that I have seen or will see!! Your radiant smile says it all!! How awesome to be able to chat with all of them backstage.

It looks like Prince Eric is pointing to you from the parade float.

I discovered the world of Dole Whip products this last trip and I have to say that your photo gave me a craving. Yum!

I love the Buzz photo. It looks like DH is concentrating and you have a mischievous look.

Looking forward to hearing about your evening plans.
Yes, when we were talking with the princes several of them said something like, "I'll be sure to tell my princess about meeting you and we'll give you a special wave from the parade!" It made us feel super special

Haha I love the Buzz photo too. I definitely look like I am up to trouble, lol!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #58
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Okay, that is an incredible meet-and-greet! Lucky girl! I am thinking I will not be showing my DD this installment - she would be painfully jealous!

Despite all of that, the best picture of the bunch was the one of you and your DH in front of the castle - just perfect.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #59
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Okay, that is an incredible meet-and-greet! Lucky girl! I am thinking I will not be showing my DD this installment - she would be painfully jealous!

Despite all of that, the best picture of the bunch was the one of you and your DH in front of the castle - just perfect.
Oh yes, I don't want to cause any jealousy - I wish everyone could experience what I did!

And thank you I do think I have the most handsome prince!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #60
scholastica
Mouseketeer

Ack!!! How awesome! That is probably the best M&G ever! Also I want a do over and have my bachelorette party at MK. What a fun day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: