Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #76
ThinkTink09
Walt is my Homeboy

Always love your reviews. Thanks for posting!

We're staying at the wilderness lodge in 24 days, and now I have to add territory lounge to our list!! Looks great
POP Oct 2011 F&W + MNSSHP
POR Oct 2012 - Dining Review
POP March 2013
Wilderness Lodge October 2013
ThinkTink09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #77
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Al caught up. Breakfast at WCC looks great! If we ever stay at WL again, I'll make sure it's on the list. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I love cheese goo on nachos and fries. It's how DH convinces me to go to sporting events occasionally. I don't say no to nachos!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

Next trip - April 2014 - one night at All Star Sports with co-workers!

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #78
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

I have never been involved in one of your dining reviews and all I have to say is, where have I been? And why did I not see them before?

Wonderful photos, fantastic food choices that I can't wait to devour and seriously, your writing stature is fantastic! Cannot wait for the future dining reviews!!! And, I have to add that I love dining reviews that include pictures of adult libations

On that note, with your review of WCC, my family and I might consider trying it again. We went there for dinner one night in 2007 and had an "ok" time. The server didn't seem to want to really be there that night and the food was luke warm, at best. Your breakfast Mickey waffle looked like heaven and I so have a hankering for pecan butter now

Can't wait for the next report!!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #79
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Brenda, now I know why I never see anyone going in Tortuga Tavern.

Hope there were better meals to come.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside

Up next: Wilderness Lodge

Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #80
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
FIRST MISTAKE… this uber planner had no lunch PLAN to counter impulse eating such as this!
Ah, this exactly describes how me and my gang ended up in the "Electric Umbrella Lunch Debacle of 2013®". Sorry 'bout the lousy nachos.

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #81
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I honestly don't think I have ever seen TT open for lunch when I've been at Magic Kingdom - sounds like I am not missing much

Oh and to answer your question, no, I've never eaten breakfast at WCC - looking forward to meeting you, Em and Barb there in December
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #82
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

I love your reviews! I can only dream to review like you one day! We'll see if I can do it in November!

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #83
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Yep' blah' just about describes that. I'll eat pretty much any old rubbish but even I don't eat cheese goo.
You said it Joh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post
Good reminder to research & plan! Love the story though! And yes, sometimes we do stumble on sweet surprises, but I find that to be rare. The nachos didn't look good, but you made the salsa bar sound pretty yummy. Can't wait for the next experience!
We were conned with the "amazing" description! Good thing we've very forgiving people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have to say those don't look appetizing at all. I guess you should have just stuck with a cold drink.
Lesson learned I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
in future, whenever someone suggests that I'm an over-planner (who? me??) I will regale them with the tale of Brenda and Em's regrettable spontaneous encounter with over-hyped nachos and cheese goo. You have justified the necessity of planning our Disney dining my friend, thanks for taking one for the team!
We will gladly accept the shame of our failure to plan if it prevents one person from eating this rubbish!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
How did I miss this!?!?!?!? I need that waffle. It looks amazing!

Jill in CO
Hi Jill! No worries! I'm glad you are here! Thanks for joining! Nothing here will be as amazing as your V&A dinner but we'll try to make it interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I happen to like Cheese Goo.. yes I am weird lol. But those don't look very appetizing to me!
I give you credit for being honest my friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Oh no I can't believe the cashier thought those were good. Can't wait to hear about the CL apps
Perhaps the cashier gal needs to expand her dining horizons. I know taste is all relative but for us.... ick!

Apps coming up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink09 View Post
Always love your reviews. Thanks for posting!

We're staying at the wilderness lodge in 24 days, and now I have to add territory lounge to our list!! Looks great
Thank you and thanks for joining. If you have a free spot you should definitely add TL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Al caught up. Breakfast at WCC looks great! If we ever stay at WL again, I'll make sure it's on the list. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I love cheese goo on nachos and fries. It's how DH convinces me to go to sporting events occasionally. I don't say no to nachos!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That's so funny that you can be bribed with cheese goo! I have had the cheese goo on chili cheese (goo) fries at Cosmic Rays but it was piled with chili so it wasn't so bad. I'm a hypocrite now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyquilter View Post
I have never been involved in one of your dining reviews and all I have to say is, where have I been? And why did I not see them before?

Wonderful photos, fantastic food choices that I can't wait to devour and seriously, your writing stature is fantastic! Cannot wait for the future dining reviews!!! And, I have to add that I love dining reviews that include pictures of adult libations

On that note, with your review of WCC, my family and I might consider trying it again. We went there for dinner one night in 2007 and had an "ok" time. The server didn't seem to want to really be there that night and the food was luke warm, at best. Your breakfast Mickey waffle looked like heaven and I so have a hankering for pecan butter now

Can't wait for the next report!!
Welcome and I'm glad that I've been "discovered" makes me practically glow. Or is that the wine? So you're a drinker eh? Seriously though, I am glad that you are here and joining. Welcome!

I can say that if the server is having an off night at WCC it WILL be noticeable. They can't fake it there. Breakfast may be more low key so for us it is a great option. AND two words.. MICKEY WAFFLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Brenda, now I know why I never see anyone going in Tortuga Tavern.

Hope there were better meals to come.
Hi Rachel! ha ha! Maybe the other items are good at TT. I dunno.

I'm mentally going through our food list and I think all is well from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Ah, this exactly describes how me and my gang ended up in the "Electric Umbrella Lunch Debacle of 2013®". Sorry 'bout the lousy nachos.
I've been to EU and I can honestly say that you win the prize for most disappointing meal of the two. I owe my DH a Biergarten meal after ditching that for EU in 2006... he's still waiting to collect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I honestly don't think I have ever seen TT open for lunch when I've been at Magic Kingdom - sounds like I am not missing much

Oh and to answer your question, no, I've never eaten breakfast at WCC - looking forward to meeting you, Em and Barb there in December
So not only did I have no plan but lousy timing because they happened to be open! Gosh!

Ahhh I hope you like WCC since I've hyped it up so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post
I love your reviews! I can only dream to review like you one day! We'll see if I can do it in November!
Hi there! Thank you for the kind compliments and for joining!! I'm very glad that you are here.

As for November, Do it! I'll share my personal DR method... take pictures of food, eat, repeat!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #84
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Bring on the apps

vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #85
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Day 2: August 17th - Evening Club Level Appetizers

After checking into AKL for our 3 night stay, since we were already up on the CL floor and we hadn’t consoled ourselves with any Mickey bars following our lunch we were curious to see what they were setting our starting at 5pm.

The lounge had filled up with quite a few people and we were busy with some issues we had with checking into our room since their card key machine was down. They did welcome me to AKL with a mimosa so I was completely happy.

Mimosa

Once we checked out the CL evening offerings we decided to sample a few things. And by a few, I mean one of everything. Well, not quite but don’t judge me by my 3 plates!

1. Plate in Foreground: Five Counties Cheddar Cheese and assorted pita chips with White Bean Hummus

2. Plate with the pastry triangles: Spinach & Paneer Cheese Samsoas

3. Mini plate in back: Chicken Bastilla

I’m glad to say that I tried two new dishes; the chicken bastilla (Moroccan) and the spinach and paneer cheese samsoas (Indian and Middle Eastern). The bastilla had a phyllo dough cup filled with seasoned chicken that had a savory sweet flavor with an almond topping. The flavor and consistence reminded me of baklava.

The samsoas were fried puffs of dough that were filled with spinach and paneer cheese which is similar to queso fresco a soft mild cheese.
They were both very good. The heat lamp had kept them perfectly warm and they were not too soggy.

The kitchen had a hidden window right where the hot apps were located so every few minutes you would see the window open and a CM replenish the hot apps. I became obsessed with trying to get a photo of said window open with an arm sticking out but it seemed that every time there was someone standing there in my line of sight for the photo. It would have been very rude of me to tell them to step aside so I can squeeze off a photo so I stifled the urge…. Until.. there got it!!

Other CL offerings including the refrigerated beverage case:

Wine choices:

Next Up: Jiko dinner

Last edited by emmysmommy; 09-20-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #86
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Bring on the apps
If you'd only waited 15 minutes!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #87
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

That CL looks amazing!!!

vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #88
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brenda, what a very nice spread.

I love that you caught the woman in the window.

One of these days, Mark and I will splurge and try CL. I just worry that we'll ALWAYS be eating. Wait, I did that last month when we were there...I swear I never stopped eating (and my pants told me that when I got home).
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #89
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Mmm, is there anything better than a welcome mimosa? The CL offerings look lovely, they really seem to offer a nice variety. Love that you were able to (photographically) capture the woman behind the wall, LOL.

Looking forward to your Jiko review!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - In Progress
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #90
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

First the drink orders, Bloody Mary extra spicy and extra olives for me and a lemonade for Em. Here’s where I learned the word “spicy” is relative. Spicy for me means something completely different than spicy for Pedro the bar tender. (Perhaps a stereotype reference isn’t the best but you KWIM? It’s about frame of reference.) After toasting to a fabulous girl trip I took one sip of my drink and my throat was ON FIRE!! What did they do throw some habanero chili into that puppy?? Water…. I need water…. It certainly wasn’t lacking on spice. I think my eyes were watering a bit and anyone looking on may have thought I was crying over my drink! Lovely picture, no?

I'm sorry, while I really enjoy the photos and dining reviews, I just find the Pedro comment unnecessary and offensive Oh and just an FYI if you ever eat or drink spicy, drink of choice should be milk, not water to put out the fire.

Last edited by glasslipper; 09-13-2013 at 10:45 PM.
glasslipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: