Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #1156
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Thurs. August 22, 2013: Day 7, Part 1

In what seemed to be a repeat of the prior morning I was up at 7:30 due to the sounds of landscaping equipment outside. I had the feeling that I wasn’t going to be sleeping late at this resort! That and awaking with a slight headache didn’t make for a morning that’s off to a great start.

I retreated to the sitting room to catch up on some Dis’ing and cancelled our Captain’s Grille breakfast ADR that we would not be keeping since I wasn’t feeling so well and Em was well, she was still snoozing. We had a FP+ reservation starting at 10:30 at Epcot for Soarin’.

We ended up heading to the CL lounge for a quick breakfast before walking over to Epcot.

Breakfast in case anyone was curious how we started our day....

Again, it was HOT and humid - no surprise there for mid August in central Florida!

The listing of movies on the beach in August:

When we entered Epcot our MBs worked. Keep that in mind...

Where is everyone?

We were looking for any shade to duck under the entire walk. Even the squirrels are laying low in the heat. And then we noticed that the water was drained from the water bed giving a desert look to the landscape.

We finally ducked into the refuge of the a/c in The Land. Ahhhh!
See? Don’t we look cooler already?

We made it to Concourse 1 with no problems from the good ole MBs for our FP+ reservation - bypassing the 80 minute stand-by line. Awaiting our flight in “B” terminal, Patrick made sure that we knew to stow our gear and to be prepared to soar at heights that may cause concern for those who if you didn’t look down you may believe you are actually soaring over the great sights of California. (Actually being 30+ feet off the ground can be unsettling too – just don’t look down.)

We were seated I row 2 which meant that we only had one set of feet dangling down in our vision. It’s just so much more realistic being in row 1 don’t you think?

While we were in The Land, Em wanted to go on Living with the Land. Do they have FP for this? I don’t recall but the line always moves so quickly. I love to read the “save the earth” quotes on the walls from the kids. When I was a kid I wasn’t thinking conservation I simply wanted to roller skate and spend my allowance on candy bars. I suppose that shows my character.
My collection of non-flash photos:

Are the alligators raised as a sustainable food source? If so, I don’t think they like that.

How would you like people peeking in the window and watching you work all day? Seriously though what do they do? Do you think they ever go on Facebook while they are working and update their status as “another boat of tourists taking photos of fruit.”

Next up we had a FP+ to use for the Character Spot. Note our destination is the Character Spot and not the restrooms.

The MBs worked once again so all was well.

Our photos with Mickey, Goofy and Minnie reflected all the joy that someone stuffed into a character suit could bring. Oh wait, they ARE the characters. I’m still miffed that there’s no Donald or Goofy any longer. How many opportunities do we have to harass Donald about not having pants?
You want to see what happens when you ask him that? See below.

Prior Character Spot encounter with Donald - Where's your pants?

Come back, it's ok, I won't say anything again...

We only had 35 minutes before lunch so our window to accomplish an attraction was narrow and dwindling when we realized that Ellen’s Universe of Energy at 45 minutes was too long and the stand by line for Mission Space was 30+ minutes. We ended up just moving on to lunch early since the skies looked like a storm was a-brewing. And where was lunch?? Teppan Edo in Japan.

We made it as far as Norway before we found our ride! Malestrom was walk-on – even better. This time I was fully aware of the hole in the wall.

Not quite Splash Mountain but you can't say you were not warned

Oh Laila! I will own you one day. Oh wait I do now. You'll have to see my next TR to see who signed my bottle and gave me a Norwegian hug!

One last dry photo...forebording

Continued next post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 08-16-2014 at 05:37 PM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #1157
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I noticed the water bed was drained too, and asked a CM why. He had no idea Definitely did not help in the heat but maybe they were preventing people from jumping in

I too wish Donald was still at Character Spot, especially because there are so few opportunities to meet him in the classic blue outfit now. Sombrero Donald rocks but I love the blue. I laughed out loud at his reaction to realizing he was no longer wearing pants!!!

I love Teppan Edo so I'm very excited to hear what you thought. I'll have to jump over to the DR!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #1158
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Slowly catching up again, Brenda.

Love the pictures around World Showcase and at your dinner. But my favorites of are with you the characters. Where's your pants? Too funny!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #1159
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I love that part of the MB's... So nice to walk into the park and use your FP+'s!!

I have NEVER been in the Character Spot... I don't know why or how... Maybe I'm boycotting bc Donald isn't there anymore?! (I know it wasn't this trip but those Donald photos were great!)

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #1160
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

First off, welcome back! I hope you guys had an amazing time visiting WDW during the holidays.

And now your updates!

Good on Em going to the gym on vacation. That's my plan for my upcoming trip in January! Let's hope I stick to it!

I have been rainproofed for no reason before also. It happens.

Froot loops is a great way to start the day! Mmmmm.

Hahahahahaha. That squirrel picture is incredible. I think you walked by and he was like "aaaahhhh!!! Duck and cover!"

Epcot when it's hot is the worst, because there is literally no where to hide except inside the attractions.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #1161
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Soooooo, I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall!! I just know that those MBs won't be working later and that "you will get wet"!
The water bed outside Soarin' was dry for my first trip in August, but they had the coins all gathered up and the water was flowing again at the end of the month.
Wonder how far you will get before the downpour starts?!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #1162
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

The young adults had lunch at Teppan Edo during our trip back in April (eventually I'll be healthy enough to get back to posting and finally finish the first full day). It was one of our favorite new to us meals the entire trip.

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #1163
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Hello my lovely friend.

What a great start to your day!!

Must be nice to get up and have breakfast so close. That would be a great way to start out anyone's day!

I admire y'alls stamina to go in Aug. I just don't think I could ever do it. I wouldn't survive the heat rash I'd acquire being there in the heat.

The pictures of Donald is hilarious!! I love how you so eloquently state things in such a humorous way, you crack me up! If I had been there I would have lost it, I probably wouldn't have been able to stop laughing to take the picture.
Poor Donald!

Hope the lunch turns out well!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #1164
katt789
DIS Veteran

I have to admit, I skipped the dining review, but it sounds like it was better than last time? Lol. Glad it was at least a good evening!

CL seems so appealing to me, one of these days it'll happen, bahahaha!

A lovely morning in Epcot! And I had NO Idea that Donald and Goofy weren't in there anymore!? I could've sworn Amanda met GOofy over there in Dec? Also those pictures with Donald are THE best, definitely going to have to ask him about it next time!

Ah Norway...you will soon be my new home FINGERS CROSSED

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #1165
sbmorasch
Mouseketeer

Hi Brenda!!
It's Steven that was with Katt the day in Epcot you had the dismeet! So glad to meet you! I'm going to come back and catch up on the trip report for sure!
sbmorasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #1166
annie170
Mouseketeer

The photo of the squirrel is pretty funny, but I do hope the little guy is ok.

Club level breakfasts look awesome. How convenient!

Row 1 is the only way to go with Soarin'. I've been known to beg CMs to let me on row 1.

Sounds like you're about to get soaked!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #1167
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Hi Brenda! Another great update!!! Congratulations on being in the top 10 Threads for November!!

Hugs,
Sandra

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #1168
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

First - welcome back! Hope your latest trip was all you hoped for and more!

Second - congrats on being in the top 10 again! ... only like another 26 months to catch Jess

I so think the same thing when on attractions that pass by windows where people work ... I mean, there aren't a lot of people that have major vacations they plan months for to where I work

... excellent foreshadowing by the way!

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #1169
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Haha, I just love (envy) the notion of a "sitting room" while staying in a Disney resort. I have a feeling my Disney resort "sitting room" is not quite as nice.

Honestly with all that CL food, a breakfast ADR just seems redundant.

OMG that squirrel...

Yeah, I was just going to question your "character suit" comment. Thankfully, you corrected that error.

BAHAHAHA, that is too cute about Donald's no pants.

Ahh yes, Maelstrom... the wettest ride in WDW.

"You'll have to see my next TR to see who signed my bottle and gave me a Norwegian hug!"... I know... I know!!!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #1170
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up over here! Here are my few comments… forgive me, I can't remember everything!

All that cute stuff for the rain, and no rain to outrun! haha!

We haven't been to either Character meet at HS or EPCOT… weird, huh? But that's why I do character meals- eating and characters saves us a little time with the littles. haha

I want to take Cortlyn to the Animation area on our next trip. The child LOVES art, so she'd be super excited to see someone drawing her favorite characters.

Can't wait to see what you thought about Christmas at WDW!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: