Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #1006
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

So it sounds like we agree that YC is a nice resort as long as there are not any Steeler fans around or if you need to take the bus anywhere.

Seriously those shared buses can be a pain.... I'll have at least one case in point soon.

I suppose it would have been even worse if the Steelers won. I'm just happy that Green Bay beat the Steelers in 2011.

Good luck to your team tomorrow when they play Cincinnati.

Unfortunately Brenda, the Steelers did win Superbowl 43 against the Cardinals. Santonio Holmes caught the winning TD with 35 seconds left. Most miserable time I ever had in WDW. I avoided the MK the day of the parade because I couldn't even imagine being around all those Steeler jerseys during the parade. As for Green Bay, I was happy as well. I was watching that game in the midst of a room of Steeler fans.

I can't wait to hear about your bus adventure at the YC. I am truly not a complainer, I try to overlook the negative and instead look to what is positive; but the bus situation at the YC was terrible. If you let one bus pass and wait for the next it was just as bad. I truly felt unsafe with that many people crammed onto a bus with no room to move. Several times during that week someone would fall and almost had a domino effect with several more. I spent so much money taking a cab instead. I'm sure I will stay at the YC again but I will end up getting a rental car.

Thanks for wishing good luck to my Browns... They are going to need it. Let me return the wishes of good luck to the Packers in their game with the Giants today.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #1007
MEK
DIS Veteran

Slowly getting caught up after my DIS board hiatus.

How wonderful that your next trip is just a few short weeks away. That is a wonderful time to visit. I think I am going to plan for Christmas 2015. Yup, that's the way I roll - planning two years out!

OK - let's see what I can remember.

Oh yeah - not one, but two DIS meets with Kathy. Very cool. I had a second impromptu meet with her back in June. That Katmark - she is just every where.

I have to agree with you - the first Darren was SO much better! I never did get used to the second one.

Loved the view from your AK room. Much more impressive since I was just there and I managed to snag a reclassified standard DVC 2 BR lock off. The savannah view was fantastic and now I am spoiled for life. I think they do that on purpose so you have HAVE to book savannah from now on.

Your YC room is quite nice too! Just lovely.

I hope you love BWV. We had another wonderful stay there and a lovely view of the Swan.

You look so relaxed on ToT and RnR. You look like you are out for a walk in the park, not on a thrill ride. :good vibes

Beautiful pictures. I enjoyed getting caught up.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #1008
foodrocksluver
It's been you all along

I honestly thought that was your home closet at first!

And we are doing a Disneymoon! At the Wilderness Lodge Villas.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #1009
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Wow, Kathy was doing the creep on you. No, seriously, that was pretty awesome that they were behind you. And a surprise DISmeet out of it is great!

Nice Vanna shots in front of your room door! I may have to try that in the future.

Room looks lovely. Granted, it's not the room you may be used to at the YC, but it's nice. Haha.

I have to admit that I am an obsessive unpacker when it comes to being on vacation. But I have been guilty of not unpacking my suitcase at home for a lengthy period of time. I think it stems from my denial that the trip is over.

Wait, you bring a hanging shoe organizer!? You're a genius!!!!!!!

I bring one of those over the door organizers that I hang in the bathroom behind the door, so I can keep all of the toiletry junk off of the sink. I think I'm going to have to do your shoe organizer trick.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #1010
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm not going to be able to update for a few days as I have a conference to attend in Vegas. However, I did celebrate Mickey Mouse's 85th Birthday today at Disneyland with Paula (Smile4Stamps).... actually a celebration usually entails balloons, confetti, and cupcakes at the very least. I saw none of that but then again I didn't get to the park until 2 hours before park closing.

Here's a link to my brief update on my DR that also contains some photos.

I WILL be back to post replies... I'm too wiped out right now to make any sense so hang in there.

emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #1011
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I'm not going to be able to update for a few days as I have a conference to attend in Vegas.
You get to go to Vegas a lot!! When I went to the bellagio in June, i had to have that waffle that you had! Where are you staying this time?
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #1012
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Hope you made it to Vegas okay! I may have to ask you for some tips soon. We'll 'hopefully' be going for my 30th bday in March and it will be the first time for both of us!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #1013
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You are in Vegas again? You are just the travel queen.

Thanks for the video; we've never seen/done Sum of all Thrills.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #1014
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

I'm finally caught up again. I love the room at the YC! One day just one day I will stay there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #1015
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm back in town and determined to get caught up... not only here but on my other subscriptions and my Dining Review.

Vegas was sun up to sun down busy - and my feet are still killing me to prove it! Despite my photo posing in the cage swing on FB, nothing wild happened. Honest!

I plan to get a few more updates over the weekend and then a few more before we leave in less than 2 weeks. Life is just too crazy busy right now to get this wrapped up before our next trip. I will have to keep stringing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Wow, what another beautiful room, even if it is just what you expected. I'm really loving the yacht club more and more everything time I see pictures. The flowers were such a nice touch. (I wonder if Phillipe ordered those? Hahaha)
I am with you on the suitcase thing. I have to unpack! For just one night I might not, but then I'll probably go a little crazy too!

Welcome back Wendy! YC is a lovely resort but the rooms views of Stormalong Bay and Crescent lake are my favorites.

Ha ha! If Philippe ordered those flowers I'd be a little creeped out!

Yeah, the unpack/pack thing for one night gives me pause. I didn't at our 1 nite at WL and it drove me a little crazy but I got over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Unfortunately Brenda, the Steelers did win Superbowl 43 against the Cardinals. Santonio Holmes caught the winning TD with 35 seconds left. Most miserable time I ever had in WDW. I avoided the MK the day of the parade because I couldn't even imagine being around all those Steeler jerseys during the parade. As for Green Bay, I was happy as well. I was watching that game in the midst of a room of Steeler fans.

I can't wait to hear about your bus adventure at the YC. I am truly not a complainer, I try to overlook the negative and instead look to what is positive; but the bus situation at the YC was terrible. If you let one bus pass and wait for the next it was just as bad. I truly felt unsafe with that many people crammed onto a bus with no room to move. Several times during that week someone would fall and almost had a domino effect with several more. I spent so much money taking a cab instead. I'm sure I will stay at the YC again but I will end up getting a rental car.

Thanks for wishing good luck to my Browns... They are going to need it. Let me return the wishes of good luck to the Packers in their game with the Giants today.
Well then, I guess your trip couldn't have gotten any worse with them pulling off that win.

It is always a crazy free for all at the bus stop and they do pack them in. Just when you thought the bus couldn't get any fuller the bus driver yells for everyone to step to the back and they cram more people on. I have a photo from later in the week....

And guess who the Browns are playing tomorrow? Ha ha! I hope you triumph over those evil Steelers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Slowly getting caught up after my DIS board hiatus.
Hi Mary Ellen! Thanks for getting caught up and welcome back from your recent Dis trip!

Quote:
How wonderful that your next trip is just a few short weeks away. That is a wonderful time to visit. I think I am going to plan for Christmas 2015. Yup, that's the way I roll - planning two years out!
This will be a first time for us at WDW during the Holidays so I'm pretty excited.

Quote:
OK - let's see what I can remember.

Oh yeah - not one, but two DIS meets with Kathy. Very cool. I had a second impromptu meet with her back in June. That Katmark - she is just every where.
I turned around a few more times on the trip and there was Kathy again. I was pretty happy to see her so much!

Quote:
I have to agree with you - the first Darren was SO much better! I never did get used to the second one.

Quote:
Loved the view from your AK room. Much more impressive since I was just there and I managed to snag a reclassified standard DVC 2 BR lock off. The savannah view was fantastic and now I am spoiled for life. I think they do that on purpose so you have HAVE to book savannah from now on.

Your YC room is quite nice too! Just lovely.

I hope you love BWV. We had another wonderful stay there and a lovely view of the Swan.
See? Disney does that to you and then you throw money their way because you just can't live without a view of those animals! It will be hard to book any other view now. Completely spoiled for certain!

Thanks! YC is another favorite of ours.

This will be the 2nd time we've stayed at BCV so I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Quote:
You look so relaxed on ToT and RnR. You look like you are out for a walk in the park, not on a thrill ride. :good vibes

Beautiful pictures. I enjoyed getting caught up.
My hubby says that I have a "roller coaster" face... not a lot of thrill behind the look!

Thanks and I'm glad to see you back around. I saw you updated your TR so I need to mosey over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodrocksluver View Post
I honestly thought that was your home closet at first!

And we are doing a Disneymoon! At the Wilderness Lodge Villas.
That's funny! And... keep in mind that was clothes for both of us. But yeah....

Ahhhh not only WL but the villas! Very nice. I actually did a Disneymoon so many years ago at the Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wow, Kathy was doing the creep on you. No, seriously, that was pretty awesome that they were behind you. And a surprise DISmeet out of it is great!
In this case I fully approved of creeping!

Quote:
Nice Vanna shots in front of your room door! I may have to try that in the future.
You are more than welcome to add that to your photo repertoire!

Quote:
Room looks lovely. Granted, it's not the room you may be used to at the YC, but it's nice. Haha.
They may have overlooked the notation on our reservation that said, really, it's ok, you can upgrade us again. But seriously, it was a great room and we enjoyed that part of our stay.

Quote:
I have to admit that I am an obsessive unpacker when it comes to being on vacation. But I have been guilty of not unpacking my suitcase at home for a lengthy period of time. I think it stems from my denial that the trip is over.

Wait, you bring a hanging shoe organizer!? You're a genius!!!!!!!

I bring one of those over the door organizers that I hang in the bathroom behind the door, so I can keep all of the toiletry junk off of the sink. I think I'm going to have to do your shoe organizer trick.
I completely get the denial! Makes the transition back to life a wee bit easier.

Yes, a hanging shoe organizer is a must have. Keeps all those flip flops organized!

Those over the door organizers are great! I've used them in the past too and it makes things easy to find. The last few trips I've just kept a large toiletries bag with all the stuff packed in it under the counter. I pretty much keep the room easy to clean for Mousekeeping. Here's how the bathroom vanity is kept cleared:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
You get to go to Vegas a lot!! When I went to the bellagio in June, i had to have that waffle that you had! Where are you staying this time?
Bellagio is fabulous! I was only there for a private party at Hyde this trip. My conference was at Mandalay Bay which is nice but not as fancy as Bellagio.

Ha ha! You remember my waffle for dinner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Hope you made it to Vegas okay! I may have to ask you for some tips soon. We'll 'hopefully' be going for my 30th bday in March and it will be the first time for both of us!
I sure did! I love the 45 min. flights.

What a great place to plan to celebrate your milestone birthday! There's so many great options for any tastes. If you like the more contemporary hotels you might like Aria or the Cosmopolitan. Let me know if you want some Vegas advice and I'd be glad to weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You are in Vegas again? You are just the travel queen.

Thanks for the video; we've never seen/done Sum of all Thrills.
Well... it was for business. Very boring stuff. Except for the private parties at the night clubs. I was done drinking after the first night. and that photo on FB - that was for Michael to see how serious I was about working.

Not sure if that video of Sum of all thrills makes anyone want to do it but at least it shows what it is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
I'm finally caught up again. I love the room at the YC! One day just one day I will stay there.

Hi Charlotte!! I'm glad you are caught up. How's your classes going? I see you cooking up a storm and putting me to shame with your pot pie. Yum!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #1016
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Tuesday August 20, 2013: Day 5, Part 4

Note: This is a brief update since most of it was dinner which is found in my dining review.

We had settled into our YC room so had some time to relax before our evening plans. Dinner was at 8pm downstairs at Yachtsman Steakhouse which meant we didn’t have far to go. Good thing because we relaxed a little too much and fell asleep so we were rushed since we actually took time to shower and primp. Hey, it is a signature restaurant.

Ready for some steak!

You can read my dining review here that contains our excellent dining experience, our exchange of goodies, and a Dismeet. Who might you ask? None other than the other part of our traveling party… Kathy! It only seemed like she was a part of our tour group since we kept seeing her and Mark around.

Here's a few other photos from the night:

Ricardo our wonderful server:

Darrick, our assistant server:

After returning to the room after 11pm I tried to update my trip notes but I kept falling asleep so I gave up while Em watched Conan I ended my day.
That's a wrap for Day 5.

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 11-23-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #1017
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Wednesday August 21, 2013: Day 6, Part 1

At 7:30am I was wide awake! Not because I was well rested and ready for the day…. More because the Yacht Club’s landscaping needed some attention and the maintenance vehicles in reverse made the annoying high pitched beep beep beep beep sound. You know what that’s like right? They did have to keep the place beautiful so no more complaining from me! Em slept through all the noise. I had to make a decision regarding breakfast since we had an 8am ADR at Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin hotel next door. The kid’s sleeping, I’m grumpy and still groggy, that’s an easy decision… cancel breakfast at Fresh.

Morning view:

It wasn’t until around 9:30 that we ventured to the club lounge for breakfast as Plan B. You can read my dining review here to see the options and how we spent that 20 minutes of our morning. Very exciting stuff I tell you when bagels AND cream cheese are involved!

A few resort photos before we went outside:

We finally headed over to DHS around 10:30am. It was HOT. It was HUMID. We were not walking to the park this morning. The boat was our mode of transportation. It was about a 10 minute wait for a Friendship boat so I used the time to take a few photos while trying not to melt.
This doesn’t look so bad – but it was blazing hot!

Hmmmm that looks familiar!

Once inside the park the first order of business was to give Bo some attention. There rarely is a line to see Bo and I just don’t get it. Doesn’t anyone else care that this dude is completely ignored most of the time?

Once we bid Bo a fond farewell, and by “we” I mean me since Em really has no connection with the guy we headed to the photopass photographer for some mother/daughter photos. Uhhh, where’s my PP+ card? I couldn’t find it in my bag so I detoured to the Darkroom photo store right there on the corner and asked if they could replace the card and retrieve our photos. I didn’t have my photocard number since it was on another memory card back in the room; however, the helpful CM was able to locate our photos by doing a search by the park and time that we had our last PP photo taken. Now, that information I did remember. Answer: The bridge by France. 4pm yesterday! See, I’m not entirely devoid of important facts. We received a new card. It looks like they punched the dates for 2012 but no one noticed and we were on our way.

Look, there’s our photos.

We had to scoot to our first FP+ reservation which was ToT that had an open window for only 10 more minutes – until 11:30am. The stand-by line was noted as 40 minutes so FP+ saved us about 35 minutes since it was a short 5 minute wait. Our MBs were scanned with no issues – relief! Have I said before that this is my favorite DHS ride because it is! I got a kick out of the gal sitting next to me on the ride photo. She was seriously having some anxiety over this ride.

Next we had FP+ for RnRC, from 11:40-12:40am. There was a short wait and soon we were in our limo speeding through downtown. Which by the way is a complete contradiction since traffic never moves that fast down the 101 freeway in downtown LA! Sheesh! They could make this more realistic but then it wouldn’t be as fun right?

When we viewed the ride photo on the monitor I noticed a wardrobe malfunction being flashed for all to see. Uhhhh my underpants were peeking out from my front row seat. Thank goodness everyone looks at their own photo and I didn’t have people taking contraband photos of ours. Don’t wear a dress on this ride!! Sorry guys, that’s as racy as this will get.

Cropped version of photo:

Continued Next Post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 11-28-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #1018
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hey Brenda! I'm caught up again! (well, for now! )
Good call on cancelling breakfast and just heading to the lounge. No matter how good a breakfast is, you can't enjoy it if you have to wait too long for it.
I gave Bo a hug for you last week.
I HATE TOT. I'd be having a worse fit than the girl next to you. Seriously.
I do love RnR! I rode in a skirt once, but luckily had no mishaps.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #1019
annie170
Mouseketeer

With all of the yummy options in a club level breakfast, I'd never pay for another breakfast elsewhere! How convenient, also.

I think Tower of Terror is the best themed ride in all of WDW. I notice something new every time I ride.

Wardrobe malfunction. Oh, dear. I hope the people behind you didn't buy the photo.
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #1020
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Oh great, now the people at FCC are going to have to regulate all ride photos. You are the Janet Jackson of the DISboards

Actually I thought there was a delay for the CM to screen all ride photos in case someone was holding up their middle fingers or something

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: