Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2014, 08:56 AM   #2131
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I need to cross Liberty Belle off my to-do list too! It does give you a unique perspective of the park-- plus the cool stuff you can only see via boat!
Aww, I wish I could say every CP cast member I've encountered was bubbly and happy to be working at Disney as the girl you met! For me it's really been 50/50 as far as attitude, helpfulness, etc.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #2132
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful sunrise from your room at BLT! I love early mornings at Disney.

I totally agree with you- there is no better way to start out a day than with the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes at Kona. MMMMMMMMM!

What a fun meet you observed with Mickey and the little girl. I'm so glad you posted all of the pictures from the room- since I am also a member of the "No sleeping in Disney" club, I'll join you in Goofy's seminar.

You have the coolest commentary with your pictures- the stick in the back of the IASW doll. LOL! Madame Leota's expression is, um, different. Sour pickle face.

Spectacular pictures from the Liberty Belle. I don't think I have done that in 5-6 years. Last time was when Ben was still avoiding Haunted Mansion and we went while Mark and Nate cavorted with spirits. I love that there are some things you can only see from the ship. The Indian Camp, which I think you can also see from the train, was part of the book Kingdom Keepers. Thanks so much for including the info about Wilson's Cave Inn- that was fascinating!!!

The picture of the run-down log cabin put a smile on my face. A couple of weeks ago, Nate had to make a diorama of the log cabin from the book Huck Finn for his Honors Language Arts/History class. It looked just like that, with painted popsicle sticks subbing for the logs.

Cute pictures in Liberty Square and thanks for the shoutout to Massachusetts! Glad the Liberty Bell was back in place.

We have not been to the Liberty Tree Tavern. Your pictures of the pot roast and the ooey-gooey-toffee-cake make it very tempting!

I tried to find information about the windows on google- Someone commented that the glass was hand-made. A bing search yielded this info: "This restaurant, located in Liberty Square, is a table service establishment which brings to life a little "taste" of the colonial period of United States history. The setup is a colonial tavern way back in the day, so to speak. The theming here is terrific, with vintage decorations and even old wavy, seeded glass in the windows."

Hope you have a most happy day today!

Last edited by natebenma; 04-13-2014 at 10:40 AM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #2133
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I love going on the Liberty Belle! Congrats on crossing it off your list! But somehow Wilson's Cave Inn has eluded me and I didn't know it was there! Very interesting read on the inspiration behind it. Thanks for posting the link!

Totally agree with you about the enthusiasm that usually accompanies a DCP CM!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #2134
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

It hasn't changed much in the last 41 years, except that it doesn't burn anymore.

But the area around it sure has changed.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #2135
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Great update! Like many of us, it's been SO long since I've been on Liberty Belle and I think many are just like you were and hadn't yet at all. Thanks for including the link out to the story about the Cave Inn, how interesting! I love Disney trivia like that!

I haven't, however, been to Liberty Tavern, tried to many years ago but didn't have an ADR and the wait was just too much! Your dessert looked amazing!!!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #2136
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

What great photos from the Liberty Belle!! I love seeing new, often-missed attractions!!

And what a nice CM story...I love hearing those kinds of reports!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #2138
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

All caught up again!

I totally forgot about the soft serve hair on Ariel! And I had no idea that people didn't like it. I remember her hair being like that in the movie at one point and thought they were just trying to recreate that scene.

I've been on the Liberty Belle at DL but not at WDW yet! Need to have that happen stat!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #2139
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda! Back from Spring Break and trying to catch up on the DIS - a rather daunting task….

Loved all the pics from the Mickey queue. I really need to take more time to notice those details! The PP pics with Mickey and the ones with the castle turned out great.

Your pictures from the Liberty Belle are fantastic! I always intend to ride and then completely forget it’s even possible.

I love the Skellington shoe ornament - I would probably have to buy it if I ran across it.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #2140
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I've never done the Liberty Belle either, but you got some great pics! I'll add it to the list.

I like your picture with Massachusetts, my home state!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #2141
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Liberty Bell has just made it to my list. We have never done it. I don't even remember doing it all those visit as a child in DL.
LT always sounds good but gets cut before ADRS get made. Maybe this time. I really need to go more often of longer.
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #2142
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

Way too much to comment on but wow your trip sounds full of pixie dust!

Can't wait to hear more!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #2143
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

I loved reading about the Liberty Belle. We'll definitely have to try that next time!

LTT has never appealed to me, but that dessert does look tasty!
TinkyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #2144
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
It hasn't changed much in the last 41 years, except that it doesn't burn anymore.

But the area around it sure has changed.
That is cool!

DH and I were talking about what we would do if we were taking an adults only trip the other day and he said *gasp* we would only need to spend one day at the MK! If only he knew how much he has been missing!! The LB seems like such a relaxing way to see some MK sights, although I think I wold be with Em down in the shade!!
PrncessA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #2145
aacvacation
Mouseketeer

WOW! What a trip report. I like your personality

You go so into detail I feel like I am actually there. Thanks for putting all this effort in to it! You're keeping my Disney cravings satiated.

P.S. I had Christopher as my server at CRT on my second trip to WDW, and only trip to CRT. He is AMAZING. So glad to see he is still there. You know an awful lot about requesting servers, how could I do that there...if at all?

My Never-Ending Vacation TR: In Progress!
The Not-So-Never-Ending Dining Report: In Progress!

April 2010 - 1st Trip! - Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2011 - The Three Amigos - Coronado Springs
May 2013 - The Three Amigos in Disneyland - Off-Site
May 2013 - Disney Music Days - Off-Site (Never again)
February 2014 - The Trip that Shouldn't Have Been - All Star Music Family Suite
April 2014 - The Never-Ending Solo Trip! - All Star Movies, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach Resort

aacvacation is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: