Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #151
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Wow you are popular, already on page 10! Thanks for inviting me over! I'm caught up right now. Cannot wait to read all about this trip. I am jealous of all the deluxe resorts you get to stay at and such long trips too. Must be amazing to escape from the real world for so long!!

dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #152
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Great update Brenda, love the curb-side photo of you with the luggage. So sad about the Mickey one, it really shouldn't be falling apart after only 3 trips!

Of course you chose the coffee cake, that goes without saying. It's the start of your vacation, after all.

Bummer about being surrounded by hyper, LOUD kids on the way. Thankfully it was for the short portion of your trip.

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #153
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Walter Disneyland World, I'm so calling it that from now on.

Aww too bad about the Mickey bag! We have a Mickey duffel that kinda fell apart after one use. I guess the Disney luggage isn't made to stand up to the incredibly gentle baggage handlers these days.

Mmmmm coffee cake looks gooooood!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #154
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

Huge SWA fan here! I have had enough points for free flights on my last trip and my upcoming trip! I also love that bags fly free... If its free its for me! Obviously bags flying free benefits you girls too!!

I had a suitcase casualty on my last trip... Hated throwing it out but a broken handle doesn't do anything but make you look foolish trying to wheel it in the airport! I bought a new one over the summer and actually just bought yarn THIS morning to make a bright pompom! Can't have DH grabbing the wrong bag!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #155
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Aww so sad on the Disney bag biting the dust! I remember your having to buy it last summer!

I love Southwest and fly them often. It's also the Credit Card I use to get the points. Both Hunter and I are flying most of our October and December trip on the Rapid Rewards points I have earned. Of course they are now gone so no more trips lol. (Not happening as I fly to see hubby on SWA all the time)

Can't wait to read more of course!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #156
crepemyrtle
Earning My Ears

Walter Disneyland World. Hys. Terical.
crepemyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #157
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Joining in! You are already off and running - can't wait to hear about all of your adventures

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #158
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

I'm finally here! I'm so excited to hear about all the fun you & Em had in the world! Also, I think I need your help with booking because you score some pretty awesome deals.

I love your new hair cuts! Very very cute! I still love that bag. it's such a great color. I'm such a sucker for pink. My 12 year old self would be horrified.

I can't wait to hear what you guys thought of the magic bands! I used them over this weekend during my short solo visit & was very impressed. I thought I'd hate them. I also heard that they get you to spend more money, which I laughed at...and then was totally guilty of.

Yay for southwest!! I love the black Mickey bag. Starbucks & I became major bffs over this trip too. I just cannot resist their pumpkin bread!

Ahhh Brenda! I'm just so excited to hear about everything! Rich says hi, btw.
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #159
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Before we actually step foot in WDW there is some business to attend to…Not important business mind you so we'll call this:

2. Packing: We packed lightly for this trip since we had lightweight summer clothing so we easily fit everything into our FOUR BAGS! Seriously. We wayyy overpack, I know. In my defense, we were planning on a 2 week trip and we are GIRLS. I can guarantee that no one is going to be coming to me for packing advice. (Paula remember when you made that mistake?)

5. Camera stuff: My bridge camera recently threw itself a retirement party since it quit working! Soooo… I can’t go to WDW without a camera otherwise this would be a very short and boring TR. I purchased a Sony NEX5R but hated it so I returned it and got a Nikon Coolpix P7700. It has all the point and shoot capabilities that I value in a camera for an untrained photographer!!! Ha ha! Please accept my apologies in advance since I was getting used to some of the settings on my new camera so some photos that I will share are not the best and I refuse to take the time to edit them!

Continued Next Post

[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
Brenda, I always overpack! Jason asked me to put his clothes into my luggage this past trip and I told him to go find his own bag. Haha! I have always overpacked due to my mom telling me that you can never be too unprepared for whatever might happen. She did the same thing on our trip.

As for the Camera too bad for your other camera dying but good thing you found one you like. I want a new waterproof camera but until mine dies I will continue to use it.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP

Trip Reports:
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #160
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I thought I posted before… but I love your outgoing message at work.

So sad that your luggage didn't make it back in a useable condition!

I haven't flown Southwest, but I wish Airtran would adopt their "bags fly free" policy!!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #161
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

I love your voice mail message. Sounds like something I would say if I was working outside of the house. I should change up my cell phone message and see what people would do. I would definitely have gotten the coffee cake it just looked more pleasing to me. And now that it's fall time means I get my Pumpkin Spice Latte's.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP

Trip Reports:
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #162
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

I like your must-dos. Norway school bread is also on my list of things to try!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #163
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I thought I posted before… but I love your outgoing message at work.

So sad that your luggage didn't make it back in a useable condition!

I haven't flown Southwest, but I wish Airtran would adopt their "bags fly free" policy!!!!
If you book the Airtran flight via the Southwest website, you get free bags.

Jill in CO
Old 09-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #164
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Awww, that stinks about your suitcase, but I guess it was expected with so much resort hopping. Still, it looks really cool! I wish I had a Mickey suitcase. I'll just settle for the old Magical Express luggage tag that's still on it from my last trip to Disney.

LOL @ the sequin dress pat down. Security these days. And who knows? Probably was trying to find a price tag somewhere. I mean, what does airport security have better do?

to your choice to fly SWA and in Starbucks Pastry! Southwest is by far the best airline. May not have the TVs like with JetBlue, but they are much more efficient. MUCH more. They counteract the crazy distractions and bothers by a lot, I'm sure.

Can't wait to read more!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #165
burly
DIS Veteran

Reading.............

Reading..............

Reading

read...........

All caught up. Loving it!

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: