Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #1501
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

I love those dark ceilings. They seem so warm and cozy!

Your descriptions and details continue to be a wonderful assets to your pictures. Can't wait to hear/see more!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #1502
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Love the update! The CS looks so beautiful and detailed! Can't wait to see more!
PrncessA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #1503
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Amazing photos so far. I made the mistake of looking at them on the iPad with DD5 looking over my shoulder. Now she thinks we're going to sleep there when we go this week. She has a memory like an elephant so I really hope she isn't disappointed when we check in at the Contemporary.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #1504
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Yep you definitely took in more details than I did I do remember I slept on the right side of the right bed though, closest to the door
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #1505
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Yikes, Mr. Mayor is a creepy mccreeperson. Kinda surprised he hasn't been identified as a liability.

I am not sure I can imagine a more perfect afternoon: Plaza french fries, impulse shopping and the dream suite.

The suite is AMAZING! So happy you guys had the chance to tour it and thank you for sharing it with us!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #1506
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhhhhh, OMG, that was one heck of an update and you and Em are two lucky, lucky ladies! I do have to brag for a moment my boyfriend made the tiara! He used to work at the Crystal arts place on Main Street and flame worked it. Now we both work at a glass museum in upstate New York (though I would much prefer to be in Florida!)

So excited for another update! Your reports are just awesome
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #1507
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Ahhhhhhhh, OMG, that was one heck of an update and you and Em are two lucky, lucky ladies! I do have to brag for a moment my boyfriend made the tiara! He used to work at the Crystal arts place on Main Street and flame worked it. Now we both work at a glass museum in upstate New York (though I would much prefer to be in Florida!)

So excited for another update! Your reports are just awesome
Brag away! What a wonderful story! You must be so proud of him!! He must be so proud!!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #1508
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Basically, my jaw has hit the floor. It is SO beautiful, and I love that you can play the soundtrack to Wishes! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful details, Brenda!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #1509
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Just wow. That's all I can say. WOWOWOWOW.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #1510
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Brenda, I'm totally blown away.

This suite is beyond words!
I think it would be so hard to go in there and not know what to take pictures of first. I think I would be stuck at the entry way with just admiring the details in the mosaic tiles for at least 20 mins. <happy sigh>

I loved seeing more details of the furniture and other gorgeous details we don't normally get to see, most people get the main pictures of the bed and bathroom and then the rest is a mystery.
Thanks to you my sweet, friend we get to see so much more!! You and MEK make it such a pleasure to follow along on your TR's.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #1511
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Wow wow wow. That tile mosaic of the carriage is stunning! I dig the etching on the elevator doors too!

I love all the detail in the suite! Especially those wood carved chests at the foot of the bed. Gorgeous! I love that some of cinderella's friends appear too. Disney does detail like no other.
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #1512
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh No! Don't stop now!

Those beds are beautiful and the details in the ceiling and all the woodwork - simply amazing!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #1513
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 6 - Dream Suite Part 3

There are three rooms that comprise the actual suite; the main chamber which is the bedroom, the sitting room, and a bathroom. Before you enter the suite, after you emerge from the elevator, there is a small foyer.

Foyer:

Sigh. That is beyond stunning

Quote:
Quote:

Bed Chamber:

The theming is reminiscent of a 17th century chateau with marble and tile details throughout. Truly there’s sufficient luxury to believe that Cinderella and her Prince reside here.
Wonderful detail Brenda! Just gorgeous and I love all the details and adroe the fireplace I admit, I find it a little surprising there isn't a room for Cindy and her prince to sleep without little ones in the same room and a bigger bed.... Still though, it's just lovely!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #1514
natebenma
DIS Veteran

GREAT job on the tour so far. Fantastic pictures and all of the details you are including are so illuminating.

The grandfather clock in the breezeway is incredibly cool and I absolutely love the picture you have with it in the mirror. I love that the hands are stuck at midnight- plus that means nobody needs to change the batteries!

This may be sacrilegious but am I the only one who was reminded of the Haunted Mansion elevator when you showed pictures of the lift?

That is some trophy case with the glass slipper, scepter and tiara. I love that one of your readers has a connection to it. Six degrees indeed!

Gorgeous mosaic and I want a fireplace with hidden Mickeys in the flames!!!

I am on the same practical wavelength as Wood Nymph- what kind of coffee maker is in the room? I would be intimidated trying to figure out how much I should tip the Mousekeeer.

Ah, Year of a Million Dreams x 2

We won a prize! We encountered the Dream Team when on a whim we decided to visit Figment. I jumped up and down and screamed when I saw the Dream Team. We got Dream Fast Passes for EPCOT. I got a very blurry picture of the prize team because I was so nervous.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #1515
Suziannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 5

Contrary to internet lore, the DS can’t be purchased. It is a give-away prize and is only occupied a few times a month. Em asked about Tom Cruise having stayed there earlier this year and Caroline explained that it was included in his movie contract. Nice to know. If you ever land a killer movie deal – add the DS to your contract. You will be glad you did. And I will be jealous. Other celebrities have graced the DS but it is usually a promotional arrangement and mutually negotiated. Disney is protective of one of their greatest assets.

[/SIZE]
That is actually really nice to know! I keep thinking it would be fun to save up for a night in the suite-but can never find anything out about the details on how to stay there. Now I know to enter more contests!!

It's such a lovely thing to see though. You're so lucky!

Completed Christmas Trip Report: December 2013

Resorts I've stayed at so far:
Caribbean Beach 2007/2008 Christmas & New Year's Eve
All Star Movies 2008 Food & Wine, 2011 Honeymoon, 2013 Christmas trip
Art of Animation 2013
Shades of Green 2013

Upcoming: Shades of Green December 2014!!!
Suziannie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: