Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Thumbs up Short Dining Review - WITH PICS!!! August 25 to 30th

Hi everyone!

Here is my very short dining review. We were in Disney from Aug.25-30th, stayed at POP. Let me know if you have any questions.

Citrico's:

Loved this restaurant. So beautiful. Food was great. I had 2 appetizers instead of one entree, the cheese plate and the arancini. Both were very tasty! Although I didnt care for the blue cheese. It was way too strong for my liking. The cheese from france was my favourite thou. The arancini was quite good. But I admit, it didnt do anything for me. My son liked his chicken, I tasted it, and it was delish. Very juicy and full of flavour. Potatoes were cooked perfectly as well.

Our desserts were incredible, I didnt try the gelato but my son loved it. I thought my chocolate banana cake thingy was absolutely devine.

Overall, very delicious meal. But nothing wow'd me here. I still like the food at Cali Grill much more. Atmosphere at both are great thou. I have yet to try the other signature restaurants. Next on my list will be either Artist Point or Jiko!

Columbia Harbor House:

Bad pic, sorry! This tuna sandwich is the best thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I very very highly recommend this sandwich. The chips were good, nice change from the usual fries.

Splitsville: (no ADR. Walked up)

Yet another horrible pic, sorry about that. But I didnt remember to snap a pic until I was half done. lol. This was the chipotle avocado chicken sandwich. It was alright. Nothing special thou. I was pretty disappointed with the place to be honest. I expected more. I dont think i'll go back. If it were up to me, we'd be eating at House of Blues. But I let my son pick the restaurant this time.

Via Napoli:

I had the candele pasta, and my son had the rigatoni with cream sauce. Candele was aaaaamazing! OMG you have to try it! I tried my DS13 dish and thought that was good too, but clearly mine is the winner here.

Because we love the pizza so much, we asked if we can order the kids size pizza, just to nibble on. How can you go to via and NOT order pizza right? I was thrilled when they agreed that it was fine for us to order. So we had the kids margarita. So yummy! Its a tiny pizza thou, you cant tell in this pic, but its really small. Which was fine by us cause we literally only wanted a few bites.

Ricotta fritters (Zeppolle), soooo good:

Chocolate croissant from POP food court. This was heavenly!

From Ghiradelli's, the peanut butter chocolate sundae (I think its called the gold rush?). This was insanely delicious.

Mickey Waffles from Pop! The sausage on the plate is actually chicken sausage. It tastes pretty good to be honest!

NO PICS:

WGPE (marketplace): Once again, this place did not disappoint. I had the meatloaf with mashed potatoes. AMAZING! I actually have a pic, but its terrible cause I took the pic halfway thru my meal. Lol! Im terrible this year!

SCI FI: (no ADR. walked up) Too dark to take pics in this place. I had the picnic burger with fries. DELISH! I love the hotdog/burger combo. I also had the oreo shake. Holy moly it was the best shake ever! DS13 had the ribs with fries and oreo shake. He thought the ribs were decent, but not WOW great. He loved the oreo shake of course!

TREX: (no ADR. walked up) Pretty good as always. Just ordered nacho's to share. It was actually better than I remembered!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 09-12-2013 at 11:24 AM.
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
WildGinger
Mouseketeer

YUM, Via Napoli looks so good. I can't wait to try it on our next trip.
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGinger View Post
YUM, Via Napoli looks so good. I can't wait to try it on our next trip.
Its amaaaaazing. Both the pizza and pasta are to die for. You'll love it!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 09-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
Art 1
DIS Veteran

You are making me hungry sitting here. I look forward to trying the pasta and oddly enough the tuna sandwich.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

Thanks for the great pics!
I keep meaning to get to Via and somehow it never makes the cut. your pasta looked fabulous.
Im also a huge fan of the tuna sandwich at CHH!
We have the first four nights of our upcoming trip at POP, something about it that I just love

wdwloverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

If you like tuna, you will love the CHH tuna sandwich. I promise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
You are making me hungry sitting here. I look forward to trying the pasta and oddly enough the tuna sandwich.

You gotta try Via next time. Its devine. Some of the pasta dishes might be a bit on the small side, but i'd rather have a tasty but small dish rather than a mediocre big dish. know what i mean? FWIW, the pasta i had was a good size.

I love Pop, its one of my fave resorts. The fact that the food court sucks now wont stop me from coming back. I'll just eat outside of Pop, or order pizza!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwloverz View Post
Thanks for the great pics!
I keep meaning to get to Via and somehow it never makes the cut. your pasta looked fabulous.
Im also a huge fan of the tuna sandwich at CHH!
We have the first four nights of our upcoming trip at POP, something about it that I just love

Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Some of the pasta dishes might be a bit on the small side, but i'd rather have a tasty but small dish rather than a mediocre big dish.
Absolutely. In a heartbeat. I don't know why people care so much about serving size. Glad to hear Via Napoli was divine again for you. I know you love it.

And sad to hear about POP on your other review. People used to laugh at me when I would say I would go there just to eat. I had great meals for years - they had an excellent salmon meal. And most of their Mom's Night Out were pretty good - as was the variety of choices. Oh and they used to have this walnut, cheese and grape plate. So sad to hear that it has changed. .

How was your trip in general? No time for CNE? I went four times. But I live two seconds from it.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

your photos of via are amazing..

Will put that on our bucket list and also our granddaughter and her fiance's honeymoon bucket list..

Thank you for your reviews and the photos.

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Yup. Pop foodcourt use to be great. Not sure why they changed it. So sad.

Walnut cheese & grape plate? WOW! Sounds like my kind of snack! Too bad you dont see that anywhere.

Trip in general was great! Different, cause we paid OOP. I like being on the DP to be honest. Too bad it wasnt free this time. Not sure I'd want to pay OOP for the DP.

No time for CNE this year. Too bad cause we always have fun there. Although im kinda glad i didnt go, did you hear about the 250 ppl that got sick from that one burger joint? (cronut). Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Absolutely. In a heartbeat. I don't know why people care so much about serving size. Glad to hear Via Napoli was divine again for you. I know you love it.

And sad to hear about POP on your other review. People used to laugh at me when I would say I would go there just to eat. I had great meals for years - they had an excellent salmon meal. And most of their Mom's Night Out were pretty good - as was the variety of choices. Oh and they used to have this walnut, cheese and grape plate. So sad to hear that it has changed. .

How was your trip in general? No time for CNE? I went four times. But I live two seconds from it.

I have loved every meal at via napoli so far, im sure you guys will love it too! I hope so anyway. Its delish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
your photos of via are amazing..

Will put that on our bucket list and also our granddaughter and her fiance's honeymoon bucket list..

Thank you for your reviews and the photos.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: