Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #46
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

Request submitted for Tazicket, myself, and our little guy who will be 3 1/2 by then. First cruise, first Disney cruise, first podcast cruise for all of us.
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #47
DisVillianMomma
I'm a Villians Girl

We put in a Quote!

So excited,

We put in a quote, not sure why kinda of cabin i really want to be in but I think i will be happy with whatever i get!!

My first Disney Cruise!! This is also the perfect excuse to spend Thanksgiving in Disney World before getting on the cruise!!

Cant' wait to see what my quote will be

DisVillianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #48
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I cant swing the deposit until later (responsibility sucks sometimes! lol) so I hope the price wont increase too much!! I am soooooo excited, this will be my first cruise ever!!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #49
Bookpodder
Earning My Ears

Am I missing something? At the top of today's live show, Pete was talking up the podcast cruise and the incredible pricing available for it. Looking at the pricing chart for the Podcast Cruise, I'm seeing the exact same prices as Disney has posted for the cruise. Is the great pricing he's talking about simply THE pricing because it's being booked so far in advance, or is there some price benefit for booking via Dreams Unlimited that I'm not seeing/not aware of?

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but I've only been on one prior cruise, so maybe I'm not fully understanding how it all works. As far as I can tell, though, anyone can book this cruise for this price at this time and it sounded like Pete was saying there was special pricing available to this group for the next week or so.

Thanks for any clarification anyone can offer!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #50
TadyBug
Earning My Ears

I'm booked! On deck 6. Been on the Magic a few times and prefer Eastern over Western itinerary. BUT.......I could not pass up the opportunity to sail with the podcast team. And to help Pete celebrate his 50th....I can't imagine the party there will be! Woooohooo!!!!
TadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #51
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpodder View Post
Am I missing something? At the top of today's live show, Pete was talking up the podcast cruise and the incredible pricing available for it. Looking at the pricing chart for the Podcast Cruise, I'm seeing the exact same prices as Disney has posted for the cruise. Is the great pricing he's talking about simply THE pricing because it's being booked so far in advance, or is there some price benefit for booking via Dreams Unlimited that I'm not seeing/not aware of?

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but I've only been on one prior cruise, so maybe I'm not fully understanding how it all works. As far as I can tell, though, anyone can book this cruise for this price at this time and it sounded like Pete was saying there was special pricing available to this group for the next week or so.

DCL has given us a price freeze for 2 weeks. Without it, as soon as I started to book so many people on one sailing, pricing would increase to the next teir. And the next...and so on. DCL doesn't offer group discounts, nor do they allow us to discount their product. The reason Pete sounded so excited is due to the fact John got DCL to give us this price freeze.

In addition to the onboard special events, Dreams clients get an onboard credit based on their cruise total.

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #52
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpodder View Post

Just an FYI - you can only attend the DIS/Podcast events if you book through Dreams Unlimited Travel.

You can certainly book this on your own and be on the ship with us but only people who book through Dreams Unlimited Travel will receive credentials and an invitation to all the events on the ship.

If you're wondering what kind of events might happen on this cruise I suggest going back and looking at past Podcast cruises. In the first post for each cruise you will see our previous schedule of events. I can't promise this upcoming cruise will be the same as we always try to do something different, but you can count on 'similar' events being held.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #53
Merry Mousketeer
I've got a lot above my ears
We never miss them when we visit DL

Carol (Disney Enabler) and I are signed up! The Disney Magic was our first Disney ship, so we are looking forward to sailing on her again with our DIS friends!
Merry Mousketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #54
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

We're signed up for our first trip on the Magic! (Hopefully I will be over the DISCruise 1.0 Plague by then! )

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #55
SamIam929
Earning My Ears

I'm going to be bringing my best friend--she's been on cruises but never a Disney one. This will be her first time experiencing my Disney obsession up close and personal!
SamIam929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #56
Tazicket
I routinely walk into 1 certain wall at home
Loved by a Pirate Penguin
ACK! I wouldn't ever eat a Mystery Peep!! That's crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4food View Post
Request submitted for Tazicket, myself, and our little guy who will be 3 1/2 by then. First cruise, first Disney cruise, first podcast cruise for all of us.
Woo hoo!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #57
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

deposit officially paid and confirmed!

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #58
SleepingAriel28
Disney Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
deposit officially paid and confirmed!
Ditto

although I wouldnt mind changing cabins
SleepingAriel28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #59
aurora61
Earning My Ears

I've never been on a Podcast cruise or any cruise for that matter. I would love to meet other Disney fans and the Disunplugged crew. I would be traveling solo so that makes me reluctant even though I know people are helpful. Anyone that can give me words of encouragement to do this is appreciated. I guess I'm curious about whether the Podcasters generally hang out together or what events they've had in the past that you all have enjoyed.
aurora61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #60
willie28
Earning My Ears

Just booked Podcast Cruise 5.0, which happens to be our very first cruise! I see a few people from the 2012 DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD trip are also on this cruise, so it'll be great to reunite!!

- Kevin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: