Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #811
MeMom
DIS Veteran

So nice to see pictures of one of our very favorite resorts. Too bad you had the hassle at check-in. We had a 'smoke room' at Pop once, and the building manager came right up and moved us within minutes.

The guy's flying hair was too funny.

Glad the boys lived through the ride. We make the girls try each ride one time, and then they can decide if/when they want to do them again. Most of the time, they like them and are up for riding again any time. Sometimes it may take another trip or two before they are willing, but that's okay, too. We don't think we are doing them any harm by making them ride once, even if they are scared. So far we have been lucky and neither of them has had any kind of melt down. Sophie could be a different story when she gets taller and ride-eligible, though, so I won't say it might not happen, at which point our 'you ARE going to ride' philosophy could change for the sake of all others in line.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #812
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
All caught up!! I will share that our check in at Kidani was less than stellar as well. We loved out room the we eventually got, though. And they were really nice about everything. It just took FOREVER to get it all worked out.

Susan
It was just strange to me, because we've never experienced something like that. Like you, we absolutely loved the resort and the room is beautiful. But the whole thing was pretty irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Jauquin looks full of dissent in that photo where Jason is scolding them.
Yeah, that's what I like to call his busted face. He goes through a range of emotions when he gets scolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Hahaha, well I DID get out to the hot tub at AKL (after hours!!?!?! :shocked: ) lol and it was great! I do enjoy that there’s some around the corner from the big pool at AKL so you’re not so included in the crowd/noise too! And I’ve been in the pool at Pop & AoA & we’ve got actual pool time planned for the next few trips, so that’s a bonus lol!

WHAT a question, that is adorably hilarious, and great response too!

Those faces tho, they’re priceless! Also I have the love to meet characters in each & every outfit they have, so I totally get that lol! Also they all look so Dapper in their DHS costumes!

AWESOME SCORE FRICK YES!! (definitely just typed a bad word there and then made a face at my own profanity, bahahah) As if you got the highest score of the hour! I better start practicing so I can at least pretend to challenge you in Nov! IT IS ON! #gonnafail

Again, awesome on you for not having any pop, that really is a great, I usually only have it when there’s booze mixed in, but recently have cut out all of that as well…. Also I just looked back and was all “I called it pop…” and then thought I was weird for that…clearly I’m spending too much time in Fl!

BAHA! OH dear god I just laughed out loud and proceeded to snort by myself in the bar while reading the “white people” part, like, that kid, priceless!

But seriously, the faces that you guys all make in the pictures is just perfect, like, I am so excited to have nothing but ridiculous photos of our meet ups and shenangians in Nov!

Yay for high scores again!! Excited to read about the JTA experience!

Girl, I am all about the hot tub! When the weather is more conducive, I actually really like a daily hot tub visit. It's the perfect way to just unravel the day.

Right?! They are so not the same character if they are wearing different outfits.

Haha, listen, I'll tell you how to hit the easter eggs and then we'll get good scores together. Because I need a second person to unlock most of them.

You ARE spending too much time in Florida! I call it soda (I actually typically call it all Coke), but that's unusual for the area that I live in. I should call it pop. I drink so rarely, that I still allow myself to have it in mixed drinks.

If you thought the white people part was funny, imagine having been with us when it happened! That kid can make you start cracking up for no reason at random times.

Silly faces are a requirement on all of our trips, so you better get to practicing!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #813
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great updates Danielle!

I love the random questions that kids spring on you! So funny!

Great scores on TSMM!

Oh poor Gavin. ToT is scary! Poor guy! Maddie is most scared of the ghosts too. She loves the actual ride part.
The kids randomness just makes me laugh so much.

It is scary! But at the same time Jason and Jeni just don't like to play into his fears, because he's legitimately afraid of everything if you allow him to be. The general rule of thumb is that you have to do it once. Then, if you don't like it, you don't have to do it again. It's how my parents were with us too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Does Jesus have a shadow? Inside their little minds it is a very colorful and hilarious place!! Good job answering.

You've got mad TSMM skills! I still get a kick out of the "prizes". Seeing as how I never make it beyond a beaver it's nice to know a big nosed deer.

Poor Gavin on ToT! Truly a terror experience for the poor kid.

Sci Fi burgers are awesome! Personally I like the Colossal Man video clip. Especially when he throws the syringe at the man on the ground.
Right?! I wonder what goes on in their heads on a regular basis. But then, I wonder if I really want to know. Probably not.

There IS a big nosed deer! Too bad you can't get legit versions of those prizes, cause I would carry around that big nosed deer everywhere.

He survived, no worries. He was over his freak out in like two minutes.

That's my favorite part too!!!!! Colossal Man is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
This picture kind of made me cry!! It's just so "disney!" Could be used for advertising.

This picture is hilarious and I laughed out loud at what Joaquin said! OMG!

And btw, I feel like that Sci Fi "lobby" is always a disaster!
That picture did turn out really well. With Joaquin gazing up at the Army Man and Gavin saluting.

The thing is now, we all say "the scariest part were the white people!" constantly.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #814
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am speed reading right now but just wanted to comment that you look adorable in your picture and I am SO having one of those burgers in less than an month!
No worries! I speed read all of the time.

Next to Beaches and Cream, those are definitely my favorite burgers on property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
My kids went to a Church school from age 5 to 11 so we had tons of difficult questions to answer. I think you did a great job

Wow the Jedi Training really fills up fast doesn't it, good job you knew to sign up early

Congrats on getting the high scores on TSM, I agree winning is so important
Thanks! The question just came out of nowhere. Kids always gotta philosophize and stuff!

It really does! And we were not missing it under any circumstances, so everything worked out jus tperefectly.

Winning is the most important thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
I'm sure you were so disappointed in that too.

Dani, I have to agree with you. A character in a different outfit is NOT THE SAME and must be met!!!!

Hehe, also, I totally bookmarked your TSM tips you posted in Dani's TR.

Where was the Frozen Coke sold Dani? Not for me, but I know someone else who'd like to know.

"The only scary part of the Tower of Terror were the white people!" AHHHH LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!! "I see white people!"

Oh man Popadon watching the movie... Now I'm getting tears rolling.
Exactly! Different outfits mean different meet and greets.

Good! I love passing those tricks on to people. Now, the caveat to that is you have to have the determination to just shoot until your arm falls off.

It was sold at the Hey Howdy Hey stand that used to be right in front of TSM. However, in January I noticed that it's now a Joffrey's coffee stand, so I'm not sure if they have the frozen coke anymore.

Hahahaha. I see white people......

Yup, Popadon has some crazy stinking faces.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #815
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Oh Joaquin. Asking the big questions at WDW.

I love the movie star characters!

GREEN ARMY MEN love them so much! I also love frozen Coke. So much better than regular Coke.

Actually laughing out loud at Joaquin being scared of the white people

Hahaha I love your Pop's reaction to the movie. This is such a hilarious update.
Frozen coke is so so so much better than regular coke! The only disappointing part is when you get to the part where it's mostly ice. I cry then.

Joaquin is too funny. Gotta leave it to kids to just speak their minds, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
ok that Jesus question was so random. I've had those in my elementary teaching days hehe
I know! I had to mention it though, because it took the random prize of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Wow. Two great scores on TSMM! I'm still trying to break 200,000. I find that my best score comes on the second ride of the day. The first ride I'm still trying to get a feel of the cannon. The third ride my arms give out on me during the first minute.

I'm laughing pretty hard at your ToT photo there. The spectrum of emotions running across that last row with your family is just priceless.
I normally get my best out of my second ride of the day too. It's like the first ride is a warmup. And yup, the third ride is useless, because your arm is just done.

We totally ran the gamut of emotions in that picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
So nice to see pictures of one of our very favorite resorts. Too bad you had the hassle at check-in. We had a 'smoke room' at Pop once, and the building manager came right up and moved us within minutes.

The guy's flying hair was too funny.

Glad the boys lived through the ride. We make the girls try each ride one time, and then they can decide if/when they want to do them again. Most of the time, they like them and are up for riding again any time. Sometimes it may take another trip or two before they are willing, but that's okay, too. We don't think we are doing them any harm by making them ride once, even if they are scared. So far we have been lucky and neither of them has had any kind of melt down. Sophie could be a different story when she gets taller and ride-eligible, though, so I won't say it might not happen, at which point our 'you ARE going to ride' philosophy could change for the sake of all others in line.
I'm glad they handled it so quickly for you at Pop. I was frustrated by how long it took them to actually resolve the situation. Add that on top of everyone being tired from the day at the park and it just made for crabbiness.

That's EXACTLY how we are with the boys. You have to go on something one time. The only exceptions we make with Gavin is if we're afraid that he's going to puke (learned after the Expedition Everest situation).
Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #816
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

What a headache at AKL! Wow! Glad it eventually got sorted out. And the pool with the movie and cool slide...NICE!

Boma is one of our faves but we haven't been in so long. I think it may be on the list for our next trip.

You so shame me at TSMM!! I am currently sitting here watching Toy Story 2(already finished #3) and then seeing these pics is making me . But only because I miss it! We actually love Sci-Fi and their burgers. I know it gets blasted a lot. Oh and loved the ToT pics!! Priceless!!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #817
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Would you be so kind as to share a TSMM trick or two??? During our trip, Howard and I were able to trigger something that opened up the rocket ship in the rings/aliens level. We were like, WHAT THE?! We tried doing it again when we rode afterwards, but we didn't have a clue!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #818
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
What a headache at AKL! Wow! Glad it eventually got sorted out. And the pool with the movie and cool slide...NICE!

Boma is one of our faves but we haven't been in so long. I think it may be on the list for our next trip.

You so shame me at TSMM!! I am currently sitting here watching Toy Story 2(already finished #3) and then seeing these pics is making me . But only because I miss it! We actually love Sci-Fi and their burgers. I know it gets blasted a lot. Oh and loved the ToT pics!! Priceless!!
It was a headache, but was glad that it eventually panned out in the end. The pool at Kidani is really great though! We absolutely loved it.

Hahaha, I'm going to become notorious at TSM shaming! By no means do I want to shame anyone. I just love scoring high!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Would you be so kind as to share a TSMM trick or two??? During our trip, Howard and I were able to trigger something that opened up the rocket ship in the rings/aliens level. We were like, WHAT THE?! We tried doing it again when we rode afterwards, but we didn't have a clue!
No problem! The majority of the tricks I've found here.

http://www.studioscentral.com/toy-st...-mania-secrets

But, to answer your question about the aliens, the trick on that is to clear all of the aliens off of the rocket. Once they're all gone and not one is visible, the big robot will appear in the background. If you can do it early, dude, you can score a ton of points that way.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #819
guinness408
Mouseketeer

Awesome trip report!! Thinking of trying boma on our upcoming trip but trying to get there from the boardwalk always holds me back. Loved the movie star goofy... I'll have to look for him. Really fun reading and loved all of the underwater hijinks!

guinness408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:52 AM   #820
MEK
DIS Veteran

OK - I finally read the whole update and was cracking up the whole way.

But my favorite part - the breakdown on ToT. That was pretty priceless! What were you doing - taking a selfie while everyone else is freaking out? Pretty priceless!

Your score on TSM is pretty impressive. Darn girl. Nice job! I'm lucky if I get half of that.

BTW - nice job on cutting out the soda. I have to admit - I cave every once in awhile.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #821
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

That whole ordeal at Kidani sounds awful, ugh. Thank goodness for the awesome luggage CM.

The ToT pics are hilarious, go my goodness.

SCI-FI. It's hard not to love that place.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #822
RGirl
DIS Veteran

OMG! Your first couple of hours at AKL/Kidani sound AWFUL! I can’t believe the room smell, but even worse the way they were dealing with it (or not dealing with it). Yeesh. Thank goodness for the great bell services CM and for the reaction of the DVC folks when you got home.

I do love Boma! I’m glad y’all enjoyed it. The pool looks like a lot of fun too.

Love the pics with Movie Star Goofy! Other than Tuxedo Goofy on DCL, I think he’s my favorite Goofy.

It’s really nice that you are such a gracious and humble TSMM winner.

OMG! ToT and the scary white people!!!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #823
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm always playing catch up.

What a fun morning through lunch at the Studios.

I'm glad you got the boys signed up for Jedi Training.

You need to teach me how to get such high scores on TSM.

Your photo on Tower of Terror had me

Love Sci Fi for lunch; and after last year, I learned to stick with the burger.

Another great score on TSM!

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #824
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness408 View Post
Awesome trip report!! Thinking of trying boma on our upcoming trip but trying to get there from the boardwalk always holds me back. Loved the movie star goofy... I'll have to look for him. Really fun reading and loved all of the underwater hijinks!
We typically rent a car, which makes going from hotel to hotel much easier. In this case, since my parents drove down, we had the car all ready to go. It makes me much freer with reservations.

If you do want to try Boma, my suggestion is to maybe get there from Animal Kingdom. They have good breakfast too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK - I finally read the whole update and was cracking up the whole way.

But my favorite part - the breakdown on ToT. That was pretty priceless! What were you doing - taking a selfie while everyone else is freaking out? Pretty priceless!

Your score on TSM is pretty impressive. Darn girl. Nice job! I'm lucky if I get half of that.

BTW - nice job on cutting out the soda. I have to admit - I cave every once in awhile.
Hahahaha! Wait, you don't know me by now and know that I'm ALWAYS taking a selfie apparently? No, I was simply pretending to be asleep.

I actually have not had any cravings for soda! I'm so happy, because I was afraid I was going to. It takes a weight off. Now I actually don't want it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
That whole ordeal at Kidani sounds awful, ugh. Thank goodness for the awesome luggage CM.

The ToT pics are hilarious, go my goodness.

SCI-FI. It's hard not to love that place.
She was really awesome. We were so happy to have her there.

I love the environment and the burgers are always great at Sci-Fi. It's just fun.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #825
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
OMG! Your first couple of hours at AKL/Kidani sound AWFUL! I can’t believe the room smell, but even worse the way they were dealing with it (or not dealing with it). Yeesh. Thank goodness for the great bell services CM and for the reaction of the DVC folks when you got home.

I do love Boma! I’m glad y’all enjoyed it. The pool looks like a lot of fun too.

Love the pics with Movie Star Goofy! Other than Tuxedo Goofy on DCL, I think he’s my favorite Goofy.

It’s really nice that you are such a gracious and humble TSMM winner.

OMG! ToT and the scary white people!!!
It was definitely the low point of our trip. But everything worked out in the end, which I'm grateful for.

I am ALWAYS a gracious and humble winner. You should be with me on game night.

Oh yes. Look out for the scary white people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm always playing catch up.

What a fun morning through lunch at the Studios.

I'm glad you got the boys signed up for Jedi Training.

You need to teach me how to get such high scores on TSM.

Your photo on Tower of Terror had me

Love Sci Fi for lunch; and after last year, I learned to stick with the burger.

Another great score on TSM!
I always feel like I'm catching up too! It's the only downside to traveling. You have to catch up when you get home.

I will teach you anytime you would like to know. I normally suggest googling Toy Story Mania Easter Eggs. There are tons of secrets on unlocking extra points. That's typically my trick.

Definitely stick with the burger. I always do.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: