Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #706
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Busted can of biscuits. Bahahaahahah. That's too good.

I love all the under water pictures! They're awesome. I want one of them cameras!

Despicable Me 2 was fun, but I like the first one waaaay more. Maybe that's just me haha.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #707
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I like Joaquin's plank...that's how I do mine. Good to see Tigger get into the action too.

I'm glad you eventually found your way back to the Villa; I'm even more impressed you ran in that weather.

You may do silly and stupid things...but I've never seen a family who has so much fun doing them together as I have yours.

Dinner sounds yummy. I want to come with you on your next family trip.
Hahaha, it's how I want to do my planks.......

Well, it was a pretty unsuccessful run. If my calf wasn't hurting so badly, I don't know how long we would have stayed out there.

Thanks so much Kathy. We all share in our ridiculous nature, which makes it much easier for us to be silly together all the time.

You are welcome to come along anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
the pools were fantastic for sure. it was very nice to have a relax day at the resort.
It was so nice, wasn't it? I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
YAY new trip!!! Holy cow so close! Holy cow so Jealous!
I know right?!

Quote:
THANK YOU for writing Danielle!! We all need humour in our lives and your fam sure does provide A LOT of that!
Hahaha, we definitely do our best.

Quote:
Oh a day to relax and recuperate is necessary AND the best. I just wish I could actually, you know, do it.
We never used to do it. But on lengthier trips and in the dead middle of summer, you really should make it a point to do it. Makes the trip significantly more enjoyable.

Quote:
WORK??!! OK, I am no longer a Poppy fan. NO WORKING IN DISNEY!!! OK, I'm still a fan, but this is just wrong.
We didn't want him to work either, but he holds a really high position in the city that he works for, so it was almost a necessity.

Quote:
Haha, best photobomb ever?

You know what I really love the most is the total enjoyment you all get being together. That's what Disney was made for.
When we went through the pictures afterwards, I looked at Jason and was like "really dude?!"

We do like spending time together. Almost seems like an anomaly nowadays, doesn't it?
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #708
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I'm in the same club as you hehe

I have a minion ringtone
I love my minion ringers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
OMG you were brave running in that heat, I'm so pleased you finally made your way back, your having to ration water comment did make me laugh

Loving your underwater photos, I definitely need to get one before our next trip
I was glad we made it back too. We were nervous about dying of thirst.

That waterproof digital camera was seriously one of the best investments I've made. It paid off on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Busted can of biscuits. Bahahaahahah. That's too good.

I love all the under water pictures! They're awesome. I want one of them cameras!

Despicable Me 2 was fun, but I like the first one waaaay more. Maybe that's just me haha.
Hahahaha, it so represented how I was feeling. It also often represents how I feel on various parts of my Disney trips because I eat so much!

The camera is awesome. Definitely one of the best purchases I've made.

I like them both for different reasons. I can't say I like one more than the other, just because they're different to me. But I completely understand liking the original one the best.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #709
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I'm all for relaxation day for longer visits to Disney! Or I call it Resort Day! Our past couple of trip have been too short to fit in a full day at the resorts but when we did our 7 Poly Stay we took a whole day off and spent it lounging by the pool and eating at Poly's restaurants. And a nap!! It was so awesome!

It looks like you had a very relaxing and fun day especially at the pool! May need to think about getting one of those waterproof cameras1

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #710
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Seriously, non-park days are the best! It's so nice to not have anywhere to go! I love being able to use the pool and take pics of the resort that we pay a small fortune to stay at!

I love your underwater camera pics! You can tell you guys were having a lot of fun!

OK you are seriously motivating me to become a runner and I never run. If there was a zombie apocalypse, I would be one of the first to die. Apparently, I speed walk like nobody's business though. We were in NYC last week with some friends and they were making fun of me because I'd have to keep stopping to wait for them. Go figure?
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #711
jecskc
DIS Veteran

All caught up. I enjoyed your underwater photos. We need to get an underwater camera. It seems to make good memories. LOL on Jason photobombing you underwater.

Yes, if you want to run or play tennis in the South, you have to either get up super early and get it done or go at night. 10:30 AM is just asking for trouble. Glad you found your way back OK.

Susan
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #712
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I'm all for relaxation day for longer visits to Disney! Or I call it Resort Day! Our past couple of trip have been too short to fit in a full day at the resorts but when we did our 7 Poly Stay we took a whole day off and spent it lounging by the pool and eating at Poly's restaurants. And a nap!! It was so awesome!

It looks like you had a very relaxing and fun day especially at the pool! May need to think about getting one of those waterproof cameras1
Yup, we called it resort day too. It's so nice to just take a day off and relax. It really helps in making you feel like it's actually a vacation. Sometimes Disney can be super hectic if you let it.

I love my waterproof camera. I normally take the rest of my pictures with my iPhone, but having the waterproof camera is so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Seriously, non-park days are the best! It's so nice to not have anywhere to go! I love being able to use the pool and take pics of the resort that we pay a small fortune to stay at!

I love your underwater camera pics! You can tell you guys were having a lot of fun!

OK you are seriously motivating me to become a runner and I never run. If there was a zombie apocalypse, I would be one of the first to die. Apparently, I speed walk like nobody's business though. We were in NYC last week with some friends and they were making fun of me because I'd have to keep stopping to wait for them. Go figure?
I agree! We really got use of the pools on this trip and that was great.

I never ever by any stretch of the imagination thought I would enjoy running. Like, for real. But then when I started losing weight, I felt like I needed something that would have tangible goals to reach. So I started running and I really love it! It takes time though. You just gotta plug away at it, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
All caught up. I enjoyed your underwater photos. We need to get an underwater camera. It seems to make good memories. LOL on Jason photobombing you underwater.

Yes, if you want to run or play tennis in the South, you have to either get up super early and get it done or go at night. 10:30 AM is just asking for trouble. Glad you found your way back OK.

Susan
Yeah, we knew it was foolhardy, but we had so much want to run, that we just made it happen. LOL. I know we would have kept going if my calf hadn't been hurting. We're crazy.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 AM   #714
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

You guys are dedicated to exercise on vacation! Good for you!

A resort and pool day sounds perfect. I love that you can have a BBQ at the treehouses.

Great pool pics. I'm all for dunking the children- we do what we have to do for a good TR
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:19 AM   #715
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I really, really feel like I commented already. Like I even remember the words I wrote. I don't see a reply from me... Perhaps the app crashed? So I am just going to go ahead and apologize if this is a double. Lol!
Love the Littles' planks. When I plank (almost never) I tend to look more like Joaquin.
Man, I respect you guys going for a run on vacation! I would probably get lost too (although in disney I tend to have the best sense of direction!)
Love all the under water pics, so much fun!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #716
LouDisney
DIS Veteran

Great update! My family does the same thing. When we do long trips we take a day to relax or do whatever. It's nice

LouDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #717
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I just had to stop by to say.........

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!

I will hopefully be back with a real update tonight. Carry on.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #718
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I just had to stop by to say.........

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!

I will hopefully be back with a real update tonight. Carry on.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #719
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

ALMOST TRIP TIME!!! So excited for you! I wish I were going to Disney...it's very cold here and I could use some Floridian warmth.

This relaxation day sounds pretty great, especially with the barbecue. Good for you for exercising

That slide looks so fun!!

UNDERWATER PHOTOBOMB!!

Love the minions so much! They're hilarious.
courtneybelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #720
MEK
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your trip being so close!!!!! Woo Hoo!

How did I miss your last update? Those underwater pictures are hysterical. Glad you had your underwater camera. Sounds like a great day to just kick back and relax.

I can't believe you went running in the blazing heat? Now THATS cray cray!

You - you guys totally set yourself up for minion chat!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: