Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #631
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Oh I hate when you need to get somewhere, leave what you think might be enough time and everything possible things gets in your way and prevents you from getting where you need to be

BOG- Whoo hoo I FINALLY will have the chance to eat there next trip.

Everything looked wonderful and I will do my darndest not to order the steak. Only because I really want to try something different.

The PP and especially Joaquin are great. All those pictures are perfect for a wedding rehearsal dinner or graduation party.

Looking forward to ETwB. I can only imagine the hilarity.
That's exactly how it felt that day. We left the resort with plenty of time to spare, but getting caught up at Lost and Found was what did it.

Yay!!! I'm glad that you get to eat at BOG on your upcoming trip. It's such a beautiful restaurant. We'll be eating there for lunch this time.

I plan on using all pictures of Joaquin to embarrass him in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Ugh I HATE when you get in the sloooooooow bag check line. Lets be honest here, these bag checks are more for show than anything, so when it drags...

at throwing the tour group under the bus.

Ambiance is the exact right word for Be Our Guest. It's stunning.

Gee, you'd think Yeti could put on some pants for such a nice place.

OMG... that family photo... Joaquin...

Yes, you just HAVE to roam around the other rooms to see the details. I have a cute story about my exploration. I'm just bummed that Beast only comes out for dinner since I only ate lunch there.
I know! The bag check lines just kill me sometimes. And they're always like that when you have somewhere that you really need to be.

Yeti never wears pants. He feels that he's above it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Oh boy, as much as I enjoyed reading this update post I CANNOT wait to read about you and your family being picked to participate in Enchanted Tales. Expectations are high!

Our DD has been asking and asking to go to BOG for our next trip so we have ADRs booked for dinner. Got to experience it myself in October and I agree the theming and the atmosphere is Disney top notch!
Hahahaha, man, I've set up the expectations, I hope that I don't disappoint anyone! I have to make sure that I tell the story correctly. Hahaha.

It's a beautiful restaurant, and I find it absolutely enjoyable based on ambiance alone. The food was good. Not the best Disney food I've had, but not bad by any means.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #632
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Great update! I know nothing about this restaurant, what exactly does the grey stuff taste like??
To me, the grey stuff tastes like you take an oreo cookie and just blend it in the blender. Clearly, I am not doing it justice describing it that way, but it's pretty tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Sometimes, you just have to throw the tour group under the bus. I certainly don't blame you for that one!

AHHHH BE OUR GUEST. I love it there so so much. It's my castle of course, how could I not?
Of course it's incredible, being your castle and all.

Quote:
I'm glad you liked (most of) your meal and the grey stuff! It really is amazing.

Joaquin's faces are just the best. Please hold on to these pictures and use them in a slideshow when he's graduating high school or getting married.
I will absolutely use all of his ridiculous pictures to the fullest in the future. I have absolutely no shame.

Quote:
Also, I love your shirt!!

I cannot wait to see your family in Enchanted Tales. That's going to be legendary.
Thanks! I actually ordered that shirt from Hot Topic. I got a ton of compliments on it.

I will do my best to make it legen......wait for it.......dary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Ahh, Be Our Guest! That place just looks incredible. And I feel your pain on running late. You can't help but feel guilty even if it's out of your control!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It's such a beautiful restaurant. I think the majority of people just want to get in there to see it.

I hate running late to reservations! It makes me feel so guilty, it's insane. You'd think I'd get over it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #633
RGirl
DIS Veteran

I hate that feeling of being blocked at every turn at WDW! Glad you made it in time (kind of ).

Isnít BoG just beautiful????? Iím glad yíall enjoyed your food (well, other than Gavin ).

The photos with the Beast are AWESOME! I love that the PP photog couldnít resist the beast in Joaquin and had to get an up-close shot!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #634
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Your meal looks really nice and glad no issue there with being late - I am like you in always wanting to be early so when running late I get totally stressed

Also like you I prefer dark beers but the saison DuPont you got is one of my favorites. Glad they have some real Belgian beers there.

Sorry about the fries not being to your liking ... But is that was the only real negative, pretty solid meal overall

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #635
MEK
DIS Veteran

Poor Gavin - missing out on the grey stuff because he didn't eat his meat loaf.

So glad you made it to dinner, despite being late. Hard to believe it took 20 minutes to get through bag check and through the park.

That bus smilie has got to be the funniest EVER.

Great family pictures with and without the beast.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #636
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Looking at the pics brings back memories of a great time. The food was really good and the ambiance was awesome. I am sorry that I created a frites snob.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #637
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
I hate that feeling of being blocked at every turn at WDW! Glad you made it in time (kind of ).

Isnít BoG just beautiful????? Iím glad yíall enjoyed your food (well, other than Gavin ).

The photos with the Beast are AWESOME! I love that the PP photog couldnít resist the beast in Joaquin and had to get an up-close shot!
I hate that feeling too, but normally I have no problem just plowing through everyone to get where I need to go.

Gavin was just being Gavin. It's in his character. LOL.

No, he definitely couldn't resist the beast in Joaquin. He was certainly not going to disappoint this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Your meal looks really nice and glad no issue there with being late - I am like you in always wanting to be early so when running late I get totally stressed

Also like you I prefer dark beers but the saison DuPont you got is one of my favorites. Glad they have some real Belgian beers there.

Sorry about the fries not being to your liking ... But is that was the only real negative, pretty solid meal overall
I just hate being late at Disney. It's a sickness.

Yeah, the fries were really the only negative that we had. The entire meal as a whole was very enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Poor Gavin - missing out on the grey stuff because he didn't eat his meat loaf.

So glad you made it to dinner, despite being late. Hard to believe it took 20 minutes to get through bag check and through the park.

That bus smilie has got to be the funniest EVER.

Great family pictures with and without the beast.
He did. We buckled a little bit and told him he could taste some, but he was being a bugger and digging his heels in. The two boys tend to do that.

Yeah, it really took 20 minutes to get through bag check and through the park. It was ridiculous! And an extreme reminder of what the crowds are like in July, which I always seem to ACCIDENTALLY forget when we make the choice to go during that time of year.

Hahaha, someone actually sent me that bus smiley at work once, so I made sure to try and find it for this particular update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Looking at the pics brings back memories of a great time. The food was really good and the ambiance was awesome. I am sorry that I created a frites snob.
It was a lot of fun, wasn't it?

It's fine that you created a fry snob. I'm down with it.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #638
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pics at Be Our Guest, Danielle (I get nervous when I'm late too!).

I love that restaurant. We've eaten there three times and the ambiance cannot be beat and we have yet to have a bad meal there (although we are taking a year off from it in 2014).

The photos with the Beast are wonderful.

I wish you and ALL of your crazy family, a truly

Old 12-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #640
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Caught up again. I sooo feel your pain about being late I cannot stand it, we ran and I mean ran through Epcot in August to get to our dinner at Teppan Edo. I felt so bad for my parents but dragged them along anyway. Be Our Guest looks absolutely beautiful....got to love pictures of the beast or was that Joaquin, that one by the pp photographer was awesome . Looks like you guys had so much fun.

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #641
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pics at Be Our Guest, Danielle (I get nervous when I'm late too!).

I love that restaurant. We've eaten there three times and the ambiance cannot be beat and we have yet to have a bad meal there (although we are taking a year off from it in 2014).

The photos with the Beast are wonderful.

I wish you and ALL of your crazy family, a truly

Thanks Kathy. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I don't know why you are surprised my Joaquin's funny faces .... LOL. He obviously comes by them honestly. Sooo cute. Explain to me how he and Gavin came from the same gene pool - because they seem like they are on opposite ends. LOL.

Susan
I am no longer surprised by Joaquin's faces. It just still cracks me up every time I see it.

Well they are 1/2 brothers, so that likely explains it. Jason's genes clearly over powered Jeni's in Joaquin, and he has none of his Mom in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl1975 View Post
Caught up again. I sooo feel your pain about being late I cannot stand it, we ran and I mean ran through Epcot in August to get to our dinner at Teppan Edo. I felt so bad for my parents but dragged them along anyway. Be Our Guest looks absolutely beautiful....got to love pictures of the beast or was that Joaquin, that one by the pp photographer was awesome . Looks like you guys had so much fun.
We had another moment similar to this on the trip, and it was mostly due to my stupid brother being slow as molasses. I did not feel bad for making him run.

Dinner was a lot of fun. I was glad that the photographer saw that Joaquin was a little off kilter. It makes for better pictures.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #642
Simba22
DIS Veteran

OMG...Joaquin.... that is one funny little dude! The pics from BoG are so funny! I am so glad you guys liked your meal there! I totally agree with you that the ambiance alone is totally worth at least one visit!

BTW, we had a good laugh over the term "jackwagon." I so love reading this TR!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #643
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! Your experience getting to dinner at BoG was the exact same as ours! We were dodging strollers and people holding hands on Main Street looking like lunatics. I hate to be late too! Whew! You made it though. We have yet to be seated in the ballroom - we're always in the West Wing. Too dark in there but I do like the effects.

Yay! Grey stuff is a menu item now. I do love the cupcakes though. Cheers to an adult beverage inside MK! Nice choice with the beer giving a nod to your origins.

That adorable Dumbo plush your dad was holding also made an appearance on my FB page when Em decided to cuddle with it. It's apparently a very popular item.

BTW, loved the eyebrow make up lessons.

I'll try to keep up now! Your next trip is weeks away!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #644
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
OMG...Joaquin.... that is one funny little dude! The pics from BoG are so funny! I am so glad you guys liked your meal there! I totally agree with you that the ambiance alone is totally worth at least one visit!

BTW, we had a good laugh over the term "jackwagon." I so love reading this TR!
He is such a one of a kind kid, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

The ambiance is great, and I would go back solely for that reason. We have a FP+ there this trip for lunch, so I'm looking forward to that.

Hahaha, jackwagon is a normal part of my vocabulary. Courtesy of this little beauty on the link below. I am a firm believer that Geico makes great commercials. LOL

Namby Pamby Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh my gosh! Your experience getting to dinner at BoG was the exact same as ours! We were dodging strollers and people holding hands on Main Street looking like lunatics. I hate to be late too! Whew! You made it though. We have yet to be seated in the ballroom - we're always in the West Wing. Too dark in there but I do like the effects.
It's insane, isn't it? I felt like a crazy person running through the park.

I've heard the complaint about the West Wing is the darkness. Maybe that's why I wanted to sit in there.

Quote:
Yay! Grey stuff is a menu item now. I do love the cupcakes though. Cheers to an adult beverage inside MK! Nice choice with the beer giving a nod to your origins.
I heard it's on the menu, which is a good idea. I really love it, and I'm telling you, I'm ordering it next time I'm there.

Quote:
That adorable Dumbo plush your dad was holding also made an appearance on my FB page when Em decided to cuddle with it. It's apparently a very popular item.
He is so cute, of course he's popular! I saw that picture on FB. He's definitely making the rounds.

Quote:
BTW, loved the eyebrow make up lessons.

I'll try to keep up now! Your next trip is weeks away!
Hahaha, I guarantee you every man that read that post was falling asleep and ready to poke themselves in the eye. Who knew doing eyebrows was so stinking complicated!

I know it is! I'm posting an update today btw.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #645
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

It's Showtime!!!!!

The moment that I feel many of you have been waiting for. It's Enchanted Tales with Belle!

Probably not as entertaining as Enchanted Tales with Rob, but I'll try my best.

After we finished eating at Be Our Guest, we figured stopping at Enchanted Tales with Belle would be fun, since it was in the area, and the wait time was only posted at 20 minutes.

I had not seen this yet. When Jeni and I went over Thanksgiving the year prior, the line was crazy insane, since they were still technically in a preview mode of sorts. So I was excited to see it.

The theming of this area is just so great. I'm officially in love with all of the expansion.

Secretly...I want to live here. No worries, I'll live like under a bush, by the rocks, on the roof. I don't care.

I would even live in this well.

Belle's progression through the years is such an amazing detail. Leave it to Disney.

Okay, can I just say how incredible the entire sequence of the mirror is? I was just amazed by it. It's so cool.

Bam.....it's a door!

The wardrobe and I....we're kindred spirits. Why do you ask? I'll let you know shortly.

And then the picking began.

Lord help us all, Jason was picked first to be a suit of armor.

Deuces!

Yes....we felt famous already.

Gavin was picked to be Philippe after that.

I know what you guys are thinking. The quiet one gets picked and the loud obnoxious one (*cough* Joaquin *cough*) doesn't get picked. Sadly, he did not get picked to be a character this time around. It's okay in the end. Because Joaquin can be a variable that we cannot predict, or control at times.

I'm not kidding....the first time we saw Turtle Talk with Crush when he was 3 1/2 years old, we were very nervous that he was just going to run up to the screen and do something epically Joaquin-like and stupid. Hahaha.

And then....

I was picked to be the Wardrobe! I told you, kindred spirits.

Clearly, I was so excited and almost overcome with joy.

How do you get cast for the wardrobe do you ask?

Um, you bust it like Fat Amy and you act completely over the top. (PSA: If you have not seen "Pitch Perfect" yet.....please do yourself a favor and watch it).

Yes....I sang like a fool. When they asked us to sing, I sang louder than everyone else. I have no shame. I was in musical theater. And you know what happened?

Yup....I crushed it.

And I continued to crush it.

Excuse the fingers in the photos. This is what happens when you give Popadon the camera.

Jason was ready to do his job.

Gavin was mesmerized by Belle's beauty and didn't know what to do with himself.

And then something was funny. Don't know what. Could have been I was still singing.....

He valiantly did his job though. Good job Gavin!

Continued in next post:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: